Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not too many stats available for Henry since he played on the Adidas circuit and also Maxpreps doesn't have his stats.

Still, check out this performance for one weekend of Adidas. I like that he had 11 steals in 5 games and shot a tidy 26-30 on free throws.

Welcome to Duke, Henry!

26-30 on free throws is a great sign he will eventually be able to knock down outside shots playing the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    26-30 on free throws is a great sign he will eventually be able to knock down outside shots playing the 4.
    After last season I'm glad that it suggests he will be able to knock down free throws.

so we got to give VT two drubbings in one day...some of their guys were convinced Henry was heading there.

Is the reason that Coleman is ranked so low is because he has a PF's game in a SF's body? If he grows taller or develops an outside game, he might shoot up the rankings to become a low 5*.

Welcome Henry!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Welcome to the "brotherhood" and proud to have you in the Duke Family. Oh, by the way, we hate UNCheat. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Is the reason that Coleman is ranked so low is because he has a PF's game in a SF's body? If he grows taller or develops an outside game, he might shoot up the rankings to become a low 5*.
    I think this is probably fair, although a very physical SF. This relates to my comment above on 26-30 free throws pointing to a guy who can develop a reliable 3 point shot.

This is just a guess, but a guy with that size and physicality often plays center on his high school team and just bullies inside for baskets. At Duke and during the summers, he will be able to develop his ball handling, face up game and 3 point shot - all skills he will need at Duke and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    I think this is probably fair, although a very physical SF. This relates to my comment above on 26-30 free throws pointing to a guy who can develop a reliable 3 point shot.

This is just a guess, but a guy with that size and physicality often plays center on his high school team and just bullies inside for baskets. At Duke and during the summers, he will be able to develop his ball handling, face up game and 3 point shot - all skills he will need at Duke and beyond.
    Sounds like a Bonzi Colson equivalent. I’ll take that🏦

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Bonzi was 6'5 with a 7 foot wingspan.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Bonzi was 6'5 with a 7 foot wingspan.
    Another potential plus for the Bonzi comparison is that he played for (at least) seven years...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Another potential plus for the Bonzi comparison is that he played for (at least) seven years...

That’s funny, someone else on the Board messaged me that Bonzi played for 8 years. Guess you’re both right and hope Henry wants to a Dukie that long.

That’s funny, someone else on the Board messaged me that Bonzi played for 8 years. Guess you’re both right and hope Henry wants to a Dukie that long.
    Great minds and all that stuff unless, of course, it was XXXX XXXXX who messaged you.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

Almost as long as Trajan Langdon and Amile Jefferson.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Coleman is listed on some sites as 6-6, others at 6-7 and he said in his Duke announcement 6-9... how tall is he?

Also he is 210-238...

Anyone have any idea

Quote Originally Posted by Jake1985 View Post
    Coleman is listed on some sites as 6-6, others at 6-7 and he said in his Duke announcement 6-9... how tall is he?

Also he is 210-238...

Anyone have any idea
    6'9 238 is center sized. I'm expecting him to be 6'8 in shoes currently and 6'9 on the Duke roster.

After Brakesfield and Coleman committed, I am no longer worried about our post depth. Remember that Nova won a title where their centers were 6'9 Spellman and 6'7 Paschall.
    Last edited by proelitedota; 10-04-2019 at 09:51 PM.

So he’s 6-9 238

So he’s 6-9 238
    Confirmed?

I believe in the higher figures as recruiting sites can sometimes be years out of date.

My dream is a 6'10 240+ Henry Coleman that rises up the rankings due to a late growth spurt.

So he’s 6-9 238
    A local newspaper, the Roanoke Times, referred to him as 6-8, 240 in an article about his Duke commitment. Looking at pictures of him, he is clearly very muscular and we all know that muscles weigh more than fat. Still, I dunno if he looks like he is 240.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

If we’re going to ask Henry to play center some as a freshman, I really hope he’s on campus next summer playing pickup with Javin and Vernon every day... plus a 2 inch growth spurt. I’m still counting on commits from Williams and Dickinson.