Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Heels looked good.

awwww....you beat me to it... !!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

What is it with Clemson in Chapel Hill?!? Sheesh.

Sagarin Ratings after Week 5:

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

5 - Clemson
    30 - Miami
    35 - Wake Forest
    38 - Virginia
    41 - Duke
    42 - Florida State
    43 - North Carolina
    54 - Syracuse
    59 - Pitt
    69 - NC State
    71 - Louisville
    83 - Virginia Tech
    86 - Boston College
    100 - Georgia Tech
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

5 - Clemson
    30 - Miami
    35 - Wake Forest
    38 - Virginia
    41 - Duke
    42 - Florida State
    43 - North Carolina
    54 - Syracuse
    59 - Pitt
    69 - NC State
    71 - Louisville
    83 - Virginia Tech
    86 - Boston College
    100 - Georgia Tech
    No reason we can't compete for the Coastal title, which Sagarin has as the worst division of a power conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

5 - Clemson
    30 - Miami
    35 - Wake Forest
    38 - Virginia
    41 - Duke
    42 - Florida State
    43 - North Carolina
    54 - Syracuse
    59 - Pitt
    69 - NC State
    71 - Louisville
    83 - Virginia Tech
    86 - Boston College
    100 - Georgia Tech
    Interesting...I think Clemson is still over rated at 5. There are some average athletes on D and clearly Lawrence has regressed, and probably Etienne too. Wake and UVa should be higher IMO. I feel good about Duke winning Saturday and moving up too.

Heels looked good.
    I hear it was the nylons that set off the ensem.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 09-29-2019 at 10:00 AM. Reason: I admire a man who has the confidence to compliment himself.

Went back to the Olde Sod and saw the Pitt game in person. Delaware cashed two short-field turnovers into 14 points. Nick Patti, Pitt's backup QB is a redshirt frosh and zero running threat, and with other players missing due to injury, the Panthers ran a ground-and-pound, dink-and-dunk offense that racked up yards but not points. Patti was inconsistent, missing a couple wide open guys with short passes, but nailed the one big throw that set up the winning TD pass into a tight window. I'm sure Pitt will be much better in Durham.

Pitt had a few very big, very dumb penalties, but there were also some phantom calls as well. The Delaware punter drew one late in the game on a world-class, Premier League quality soccer flop, where the replay showed the Pitt guy missed him by two yards. The punter even "limped" off the field - it was brilliant.

But wait, there's more!

We get home to catch the fourth quarter of cheats / Clemson on the telly, and one of the young Turks starts rooting for the Holes! I of course chew his skinny butt out and yell at him, "what's the matter with you, boy?!?" He responds he's rooting against Clemson, it would be great that Clemson loses, and besides unc stinks at football, so who cares. Evidently, I did not do a proper job parenting this child.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    awwww...you beat me to it... !!!!!
    I knew you wanted it said.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Pitt had a few very big, very dumb penalties, but there were also some phantom calls as well. The Delaware punter drew one late in the game on a world-class, Premier League quality soccer flop, where the replay showed the Pitt guy missed him by two yards. The punter even "limped" off the field - it was brilliant.
    I think the punter just earned a scholarship offer from Notre Dame.

I knew you wanted it said.

I think the punter just earned a scholarship offer from Notre Dame.
    I am glad UNC lost but I do admire their fight. They deserve some respect for that. There is no shame in acknowledging an achievement of a hated rival.

Quote Originally Posted by olddevil View Post
    I am glad UNC lost but I do admire their fight. They deserve some respect for that. There is no shame in acknowledging an achievement of a hated rival.
    I am happy to acknowledge any UNC near victory.

Quote Originally Posted by olddevil View Post
    Before we all found out they were cheating and lying about it for 23+ years, I used to sorta/kinda grudgingly feel this way. No longer. A loss for them in any sport, by the largest margin of defeat that is mathematically possible, is an event to gloriously celebrate.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Before we all found out they were cheating and lying about it for 23+ years, I used to sorta/kinda grudgingly feel this way. No longer. A loss for them in any sport, by the largest margin of defeat that is mathematically possible, is an event to gloriously celebrate.
    The death of integrity is an irredeemable blow to the soul. UNC is dead to me.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 09-29-2019 at 03:37 PM. Reason: I presume my MSPH from UNC will turn up at a rummage sale in 70 years. Maybe bring a couple of rubles for charity.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    This is the absolute truth. As a lifelong Duke fan, child of Duke grads, and a Durham native, I also -grudgingly- accepted a certain quality of accomplishment at my state university. Never imagined in my wildest dreams that they would come up with such a brazen scam, nor that they would stonewall in such a lawyerly fashion.
    And to avoid punishment from the NCAA due to a 'typo'? Unbelieveable. And now Kansas is under 'investigation?'

Much of the pleasure and wonderment that has been ACC competition -academic and athletic- has dissipated for me, all due to carolina's behavior, and their fans' belief that they are innocent: 'no collusion!' Watch them point to Kansas as a 'REAL' cheater, and then recall how many of unc's administrators involved in the cheating are now at Kansas, and vv.
    JStuart

Over many decades never viewed them as academic peers. Knew instinctively that most of these young men were not up to the demands of university rigors. Listening to them in interviews made it obvious. No class work more time to work on your game. What did surprise was that leadership had made cheating a part of the fabric of the whole enterprise. I have never respected that place.
    Even in our depths of losing periods, basketball and football, I always took pride that Duke was serious about educating our students. There were times it was the only argument I had. And that's the best one to have!! 9f