Parking/Duke Section for Friday's Game

Planning on buying my tickets through Duke today for the VT game. For those that already have tickets, what section are you in?

For anyone that has been to Blacksburg for a game before, any parking recommendations?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Zion033090 View Post
    Planning on buying my tickets through Duke today for the VT game. For those that already have tickets, what section are you in?

For anyone that has been to Blacksburg for a game before, any parking recommendations?
    Be prepared to do lots of walking. It's been a couple years, but last time I went we got a VT parking pass, and even that lot felt like a mile from the stadium.
    It's a great atmosphere, though! You'll never want to hear "gobble, gobble, gobble" again, afterwards. Only drawback.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Parking is in the commuter lot on Prices Fork Road. Spots are at a premium. I would consider getting there when they open at 4PM.

VT's stadium is Wake Forest on steroids. Seats are very high up along the endzone line. I would consider buying tickets from VT in sections 1-19 on the bottom half of the bowl.

It is the best environment we get in the Coastal. I just hope it rains less than 2 years ago. Waterproof socks didn't do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Parking is in the commuter lot on Prices Fork Road. Spots are at a premium. I would consider getting there when they open at 4PM.

VT's stadium is Wake Forest on steroids. Seats are very high up along the endzone line. I would consider buying tickets from VT in sections 1-19 on the bottom half of the bowl.

It is the best environment we get in the Coastal. I just hope it rains less than 2 years ago. Waterproof socks didn't do the trick.
    So the lots fill up, then you're just left to your own devices? They're selling parking passes on StubHub for $40. Do you think that's worth it? They don't seem much closer to the stadium than the public parking lots/garages.

I've been weighing the option of being around Duke fans and very high up - or down low and around... well... not Duke fans. The GO... HOKIES chant is every bit as annoying and uncreative as the TAR... HEELS chant. I've made the dumb decision this year to attend games at Tech, UVA, and UNC. The devils better come through on at least 2 out of 3.

The GO... HOKIES chant is every bit as annoying and uncreative as the TAR... HEELS chant.
    Just wait until the music makes you think Mariano Rivera is coming out of the bullpen. Or until everyone is jangling their car keys on third down.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Just wait until the music makes you think Mariano Rivera is coming out of the bullpen. Or until everyone is jangling their car keys on third down.
    You mean their pickup truck keys?

You mean their pickup truck keys?
    Yes, actually. Good catch.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    So the lots fill up, then you're just left to your own devices? They're selling parking passes on StubHub for $40. Do you think that's worth it? They don't seem much closer to the stadium than the public parking lots/garages.
    As I stated above, that's what we did, and our lot was a good mile away, if not more. If it wasn't a whole mile, it was pretty close to it. However, it was hassle free and fun place to tailgate.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I've been weighing the option of being around Duke fans and very high up - or down low and around... well... not Duke fans. The GO... HOKIES chant is every bit as annoying and uncreative as the TAR... HEELS chant. I've made the dumb decision this year to attend games at Tech, UVA, and UNC. The devils better come through on at least 2 out of 3.
    https://hokiesports.com/sports/2018/...guide-a-z.aspx

Public parking is $20 and, as noted before, an equal walk. I've never tried the remote shuttle option nor do I intend to try it in the dark.

UVA and UNC have their own hassles for parking and seating. Wake logistics are as fan friendly as you can get, basketball and football.