Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...le/4871808002/

Cheats get mentioned along with other cheaters.

We're in a new era now. Astros blatantly cheat red-handed with confessions. Rob Manfred and MLB doesn't vacate their championship.

after the handling of the whole cheat scandal and what i thought was a ridiculously light response to the kansas brawl, i don't think the ncaa has to worry about being an embarrassment. they ARE an embarrassment.

Criticizing the NCAA is as easy as criticizing Ohio weather - small talk the changes nothing.
    Of all the problems they face, amateurism or not, transfer rules etc. their biggest problem is that they are the enforcement arm and no one fears them.
    As long as that is the case they really are only responsible for hosting a fun party every March and April and that’s about it.
    The sooner everyone understands they are party hosts, not police, the less disappointed everyone will be.

UNC, Arizona and Kansas understand this because they keep showing up to the party with some of the biggest smiles around. Its everyone else who is gnashing their teeth.
    The ceiling is the roof

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    We're in a new era now. Astros blatantly cheat red-handed with confessions. Rob Manfred and MLB doesn't vacate their championship.
    Yes. Cheating this day and time seems to be the new cool, in thing. And dare the ncaa,MLB,city hall or anyone to try to do anything about it. And the ncaa has brought this on themselves by not having the teeth to enforce it.

Kansas gets caught on an FBI wiretap paying its players, throws a midnight madness with Snoop Dogg surrounded by strippers shooting fake cash out of a cannon, Self wears a big Adidas shirt in order to send a giant middle finger to the NCAA, they respond to their NOA by essentially saying "nuh-uh we didn't", and now they're ranked #1 and the favorite to win the title. I won't even get in to the more minor legal issues that their players have gotten into.

UNC laid out the blueprint pretty clearly. Cheat your butts off for as long as you want, and if you get caught just pay your lawyers $20M to find a loophole, and claim you did nothing wrong. The NCAA is incapable of doing anything about it. The only way they can punish a school is if the school says that they are guilty, so just don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Kansas gets caught on an FBI wiretap paying its players, throws a midnight madness with Snoop Dogg surrounded by strippers shooting fake cash out of a cannon, Self wears a big Adidas shirt in order to send a giant middle finger to the NCAA, they respond to their NOA by essentially saying "nuh-uh we didn't", and now they're ranked #1 and the favorite to win the title. I won't even get in to the more minor legal issues that their players have gotten into.

UNC laid out the blueprint pretty clearly. Cheat your butts off for as long as you want, and if you get caught just pay your lawyers $20M to find a loophole, and claim you did nothing wrong. The NCAA is incapable of doing anything about it. The only way they can punish a school is if the school says that they are guilty, so just don't do that.
    What threads are there between Kansas and the cheats?

1. dean graduated from there
    2. roy left the cheats after many years as dean's assistant to coach Kansas before he came back to the cheats.
    3. others?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post

2. roy left the cheats after many years as dean's assistant to coach Kansas before he came back to the cheats.
    3. others?
    Heels first Natty, beat Wilt and 57 Kansas team.

3. others?
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Heels first Natty, beat Wilt and 57 Kansas team.
    Art Heyman's good friend Larry Brown.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

You missed the most important - Roy’s head academic advisor at Kansas, Wayne Walden, came with him to UNC when he took over. He was guilty of transgressions at Kansas, and he was found to have known of UNC’s decades-long AFAM scam. He claimed in the Wainstein Report that he “couldn’t recall” whether he ever told Roy about the cheating, which is the biggest load of BS I have ever heard in my life. You’re the head academic advisor at a major blue blood program, you know that there is cheating going on but you can’t recall if you ever talked to your boss about it? Like maybe you did and maybe you didn’t? That’s like me claiming I witnessed a murder but can’t recall if I called the police. Of course, the NCAA bought that argument, just like they bought Jim Martin claiming he “misspoke” when he concluded in his report that it was an academic-only issue, and what he actually intended to say was the exact opposite. And they bought UNC’s statement that their admission in writing of academic fraud to their accrediting agency was a typo.

And don't we all know that if Duke had similar stains on their record as detailed above, the ncaa would have wired Cameron with dynamite and blown it to kingdom come?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Art Heyman's good friend Larry Brown.
    Ah, yes, another one.

Both will lose to Duke at least twice this season. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    Both will lose to Duke at least twice this season. 😀
    Wouldn't that be sweet. I hope your prediction comes true.

GoDuke!

Nuts they just moved to 1 seed after win last week too.

The thrust of the NCAA’s case is that ex-Adidas marketing executive Jim Gatto and a bag man named T.J. Gassnola funneled cash to multiple prospects under the guise of recruiting them to Kansas.

They could still win this year and then be punished retroactively?

Quote Originally Posted by JimSouthie View Post

The thrust of the NCAA’s case is that ex-Adidas marketing executive Jim Gatto and a bag man named T.J. Gassnola funneled cash to multiple prospects under the guise of recruiting them to Kansas.

Maybe some of that cash was funneled to the NCAA. Probably some of the $18-20 million of the Cheats expense money went to them as well. I wouldn't put anything past the cheats.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    And don't we all know that if Duke had similar stains on their record as detailed above, the ncaa would have wired Cameron with dynamite and blown it to kingdom come?
    I actually don't believe that at all. Duke makes a ton of money for the NCAA, as do Kansas and UNC. Duke would likely get off like these other jokers.

Let's just hope we don't get to test my hypothesis...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Nah, ESPN would have run with the story and beaten it to death, and enjoyed the clicks and viewerships they got doing so....they love to hate us, they dont' want us to go away...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...they love to hate us,...
    What did ESPN spend the most time covering? A player tripping another player or someone brandishing a chair as a weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by JimSouthie View Post

I hope they get Duke as a 2 seed in New York.