Championship Floors

Hi all,

Been using this time during covid to strengthen my Duke floor collection. After a little bit of digging, it seems that Duke only bought and resold the championship floor in 1991 and 2001, but looking for some confirmation. Here is what I have been able to pull together:

1991-Duke purchased floor and sold 24k pieces to the public
    1992-Duke did not purchase the floor and it ended up at University of Delaware I'm Newark
    2001 - Duke purchased the floor and sold to the public, but also installed the majority of it at the Emily K Center
    2010 - Duke planned on selling it but never did????
    2015 - Duke bought it and used it for various displays around Cameron.

Thoughts?

Saw some watches or bracelets with 2015 floor. Where is it in Cameron?

Duke bought the 2010 floor (or at least part of it); pieces were on sale in the University Store until around 2012 or so.

Parts of the 2015 floor were made into commemorative watches.

If anyone would like to part with a 2010 floor piece, please message me!

I have a couple from each 1991 and 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    If anyone would like to part with a 2010 floor piece, please message me!

I have a couple from each 1991 and 2001.
    I have a framed plaque with a blue piece from an old Duke floor (not sure when it was replaced), with a picture of game action in the last game played on it (against Maryland), and signatures by Coach K and Coach Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I have a framed plaque with a blue piece from an old Duke floor (not sure when it was replaced), with a picture of game action in the last game played on it (against Maryland), and signatures by Coach K and Coach Foster.
    That version is still sold by Duke University online in their collection of gifts and is also in their physical catalog they send out every year.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    This is from 1997. I think I have that buried somewhere. If I recall, part of the reason they replaced the floor was to install one that would hopefully help reduce foot, ankle and leg injuries. Not sure how well that worked out...

I have the plaque and piece of the floor from the 2001 and 2010 championship runs. I was disappointed that the 2015 floor was not sold in the same fashion. Would love to have something from 91 or 92!

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon View Post
    I have the plaque and piece of the floor from the 2001 and 2010 championship runs. I was disappointed that the 2015 floor was not sold in the same fashion. Would love to have something from 91 or 92!
    I have a piece of the 1992 floor signed by Bobby Hurley. It has all of the games for the year on either side on the plaque

Quote Originally Posted by Messimorgan17 View Post
    I have a piece of the 1992 floor signed by Bobby Hurley. It has all of the games for the year on either side on the plaque
    I have a piece of the Cameron net from the 1986 (or 1988 ) game against Carolina, but no way to prove it. I know it's the real thing because I was there and it was cut off right in front of me.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Messimorgan17 View Post
    Are you sure it is authentic from the floor? Articles online highlight Duke didn't sell it. Last paragraph.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mprnews.org/amp/story/2019/03/29/final-floor-ncaa-basketball-champs-gets-dibs