Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Leona Maguire finished one shot out of a playoff on the LPGA tour today, also.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Wasn't so long ago that was about the prize money for winning the Grand Slam.
    ...And travel was be car or commercial and they traveled together.

Genesis Invitational at Riviera

Adam Long is playing in the Genesis Invitational at Riviera CC in Pacific Palisades CA. He is at even par, T42.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Adam Long is playing in the Genesis Invitational at Riviera CC in Pacific Palisades CA. He is at even par, T42.
    BTW, if you watched the Golf Channel telecast, you may have heard "electrical interference" on certain parts of the course, like number 17. Uhh,... those were birds arriving at their roost in late afternoon. I thought it sounded like the squawk of parrots, which flock in parts of LA, but it may have been a distortion of other bird noises.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

This week’s stop on the PGA Tour is the Honda Classic held on the PGA National Champions Course in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.

Duke golfers competing are Adam Long and Kevin Streelman. Long tees off Thursday morning at 07:15 am with Streelman following ar 11:55 am. Both players go off #1.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    This week’s stop on the PGA Tour is the Honda Classic held on the PGA National Champions Course in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.

Duke golfers competing are Adam Long and Kevin Streelman. Long tees off Thursday morning at 07:15 am with Streelman following ar 11:55 am. Both players go off #1.
    And Wes Roach at 8:35. Still not sure why Ryan Blaum is not playing in any tourneys. He’s a partial qualifier; maybe injured?

Round 1 is in the books:

T11 Kevin Streelman 69 (-1)
    T48 Adam Long 71 (+1)
    T120 Wes Roach 75 (+5)
    Bob Green

Round 1 is in the books:

T11 Kevin Streelman 69 (-1)
    T48 Adam Long 71 (+1)
    T120 Wes Roach 75 (+5)
    Streels and Adam Long T15 at -1 after the second round at The Honda Classic in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.

Wes will miss the cut.

Folks asked about Ryan Blaum, who was ranked in the 125-150 in FedEx points, giving him some rights for the regular tour and full right on the Korn Ferry Tour. He did play on the Korn Ferry two weeks ago, finishing T38 and covering his expenses at the LECOM event. No apparent injuries. He played twice back in September on the regular 2020 PGA Tour.
    Sage Grouse

Kevin Streelman tees off at 11:35 am today. He is T23 at +1 for the tournament after shooting 72 (+2) on Saturday.

Adam Long tees off at 9:45 am. He is T42 at +3 after shooting 74 (+4) on Saturday.
    Bob Green

Kevin Streelman tees off at 11:35 am today. He is T23 at +1 for the tournament after shooting 72 (+2) on Saturday.

Adam Long tees off at 9:45 am. He is T42 at +3 after shooting 74 (+4) on Saturday.
    Adam had a final round 69 (-1) to finish T27. Kevin shot a 75 (+5) to finish T47.

Some good results on the LPGA tour. At the Australian Open Yu Liu finished T4 and Celine Boutier was T6.
    Sage Grouse

Kevin Streelman and Adam Long are playing this week (March 5-8) in the Arnold Palmer tournament at Bay Hill in Orlando.

Streels is having a very strong round at -5 through 11 holes and T2. Adam is -1 through 8 holes and T20.
    Sage Grouse

Steels is having a very strong round at -5 through 11 holes and T2. Adam is -1 through 8 holes and T20.
    Streelman fell to -1 with a triple bogey on 17. Long finished -3.

Edit: triple bogey was actually on hole #8. Streelman played back 9 first.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 03-05-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    Bob Green

Streelman fell to -1 with a triple bogey on 17. Long finished -3.

Edit: triple bogey was actually on hole #8. Streelman played back 9 first.
    In green-side bunker in two shots and then a penalty stroke (unplayable lie, I guess). Plus he missed a two-foot putt. I think I jinxed him with my earlier post.
    Sage Grouse

Kevin Streelman is at -1 and T31. He tees off on #1 at 11:58A ET.

Adam Long is -3 and T11. He is off of #10 at 12:56P.

The LPGA seems to be off this week.
    Sage Grouse

The LPGA seems to be off this week.
    LPGA had to cancel several events in Asia due to Coronavirus. They’re scheduled to play in the States later on March. Your recent post on the Duke women up thread was from an event weeks ago before the cancellations.

Adam +2 today and is T24 at -1.

Streelman missed the cut by one shot -- three balls in the water today, including two getting wet at #3 for a "snowman."
    Sage Grouse

PGA Tour Restarts -- Streels and Long Miss Cut

The PGA Tour has restarted with the Charles Schwab Challenge at Colonial in Fort Worth. Dukies Kevin Streelman (E) and Adam Long (+2) will miss the cut of -2.

Harold Varner III is in the lead, with lots of one-named star power in the top ten: Spieth T2, DeChambeau T2, Xander T4, Rory T4, JT T7, Rose T7.
    Sage Grouse

Adam +2 today and is T24 at -1.

Streelman missed the cut by one shot -- three balls in the water today, including two getting wet at #3 for a "snowman."
    Man, that's a harsh way to barely miss a cut. Golf is a cruel and fickle mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Man, that's a harsh way to barely miss a cut. Golf is a cruel and fickle mistress.
    One bad hole for Streelman; otherwise, he's playing well? Let's get 'em next week.
    Sage Grouse

The PGA Tour has restarted with the Charles Schwab Challenge at Colonial in Fort Worth. Dukies Kevin Streelman (E) and Adam Long (+2) will miss the cut of -2.

Harold Varner III is in the lead, with lots of one-named star power in the top ten: Spieth T2, DeChambeau T2, Xander T4, Rory T4, JT T7, Rose T7.
    DeChambeau seems to have spent the entire covid break in the weight room. The guy looks huge.

https://twitter.com/LukeKerrDineen/s...964598784?s=20
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016