Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Streelman

Chatted with Streelman outside the ropes during 2nd round last year at Rocket Mortgage in Detroit, great guy. Not every pro would do that in a competitive round. Pulling for you in 2020 Streels!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The cut was -1 so Streelman is done.

Adam Long tees off #1 at 12:43 pm. He is currently T8 at -8.
    Anyone know what has happened to Ryan Blaum? Julian Suri (European Tour)?

Adam Long tied for 5th at -13.

Tony Finau in the lead at -16. I consider him a Duke “first cousin once removed”.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post

Tony Finau in the lead at -16. I consider him a Duke “first cousin once removed”.
    I like Finau. I started rooting for him when he sprained(dislocated) his ankle celebrating his hole in one during the par 3 contest the day before the 2018 Masters. No one thought he would be able to play the next day and he not only played, he shot 68. Tony ended up tied for 10th place at -7 under par at the end of play. He must have an incredible tolerance for pain.

GoDuke!

Adam Long tees off at 12:54 pm today in the second to last threesome. He is grouped with J.B. Holmes and Xander Schauffele.

Long will need another 66 or better to compete for the win. He has gone 66, 68, 66 the first three days.
    Bob Green

Wikipedia indicates that Jabari Parker's Mom Lola is first cousin once removed with Tony Finau and first cousins with his Dad Gary. She is of Tongan and Samoan ancestry -- heck she was born there. That makes, per higher math, Jabari and Tony second cousins -- they share some of the same great-grand-parents.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Nobody is moving today. Long is even today through 9, but only 2 strokes off the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Wikipedia indicates that Jabari Parker's Mom Lola is first cousin once removed with Tony Finau and first cousins with his Dad Gary. She is of Tongan and Samoan ancestry -- heck she was born there. That makes, per higher math, Jabari and Tony second cousins -- they share some of the same great-grand-parents.
    Ha! I knew they were cousins, but was only making a joke about being a Duke first cousin once removed. I did not do my research, but glad you did.

It’s going to a playoff, as Tony missed his birdie putt on 18 and Webb Simpson made his. I like them both (I have carried the sign for Webb, and he is a super nice guy) but still rooting for Tony!

Ha! I knew they were cousins, but was only making a joke about being a Duke first cousin once removed. I did not do my research, but glad you did.

It’s going to a playoff, as Tony missed his birdie putt on 18 and Webb Simpson made his. I like them both (I have carried the sign for Webb, and he is a super nice guy) but still rooting for Tony!
    For those who might not know, Webb, a native of Raleigh, and his wife Dowd, a native of Charlotte, went to Wake Forest and live in Charlotte. And by all accounts, he is a really nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    For those who might not know, Webb, a native of Raleigh, and his wife Dowd, a native of Charlotte, went to Wake Forest and live in Charlotte. And by all accounts, he is a really nice guy.
    Webb is well liked around Winston Salem for his ties to Wake Forest. However like some posters have said, he's a real nice guy. He's also a great family man and a man of faith. He's one of my favorite PGA guys.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Webb is well liked around Winston Salem for his ties to Wake Forest. However like some posters have said, he's a real nice guy. He's also a great family man and a man of faith. He's one of my favorite PGA guys.

GoDuke!
    Yep, Webb is as good a guy as there is in any sport...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Yep, Webb is as good a guy as there is in any sport...
    First thing he said after winning was what a great player Tony was. Class.

No way to lose with Webb and Tony being the two guys in the playoff. Both SUPERB individuals, by all accounts. And, as it turns out, really good friends.

I, too, was pulling for Tony (he's an acquaintance of my father), but once the playoff was between these two guys, it was a sure thing that a "good guy" was going to win the tournament.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    First thing he said after winning was what a great player Tony was. Class.
    That's Webb...after the not so popular Scott Hoch and then the fast lane lifestyle of Vance Heafner, Webb is refreshing rep of Raleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    That's Webb...after the not so popular Scott Hoch and then the fast lane lifestyle of Vance Heafner, Webb is refreshing rep of Raleigh.
    Great catch. GoDuke!

Pebble Beach Pro-Am is this week’s tour stop. Thursday tee times:

Kevin Streelman 11:33 am
    Adam Long 12:39 pm
    Bob Green

Pebble Beach

Thursday scores:

Kevin Streelman 69 (-3) T24
    Wes Roach 69 (-3) T24
    Adam Long 74 (+2) T116

Leader is at -8.
    Bob Green

Kevin Streelman shot a 67 today and is T14 at -7 for the tournament.

Adam Long is T45 at -3. Wes Roach is T66 at -2.

Tomorrow is Moving Day.
    Bob Green

Moving Day tee times:

Long 11:00 off #10 at Pebble Beach
    Streelman 12:17 off #1 at Pebble Beach
    Roach 1:01 off #10 at Monterey Peninsula
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Moving Day tee times:

Long 11:00 off #10 at Pebble Beach
    Streelman 12:17 off #1 at Pebble Beach
    Roach 1:01 off #10 at Monterey Peninsula
    Is the final round played at Pebble Beach only?

GoDuke!