Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Were they shanghaied?

Am I allowed to even ask that anymore?
    Sure. I used the term in post #18.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Sure. I used the term in post #18.
    My bad, I was distracted by Jennifer Aniston on Instagram ...

Streelman is T12 at -6 through two rounds.
    Bob Green

Streelman shot a three under par 69 for the third round in a row and is T7 at -9. He tees off at 8:05 pm tonight for the final round.
    Bob Green

Streelman finished T12 at -11 earning $197K increasing his 2020 earnings to just under $500K.

Adam Long finished T46 at -3 earning $22K.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman finished T12 at -11 earning $197K increasing his 2020 earnings to just under $500K.

Adam Long finished T46 at -3 earning $22K.
    Streels moved up eight places with an eagle on the par-five finishing hole. He stands at #27 in the FedEx Cup chase (which is also used for tour qualification). Adam is at #42, coming off a good tournament in Houston last week.

In Shanghai, Yu Liu was nine shots behind after a first round 76 and rallied big time -- outplaying the rest of the field to finish T3, three shots behind the winner,. American Danielle Kang. Yu Liu appears to have won around $77K. Celine also came back after her first round 80 to finish T54 to win around $6K. In the season-long CME Globe rankings, Yu Liu is #17 and Celine #26. The $5 million CME Globe tournament is Nov 21-24 in Naples, FL.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Adam and Kevin at the Zozo Championship in Japan

The Asian portion of the PGA Tour continues with play at the Accordia Golf Narashino Country Club, 20 miles east of Tokyo. Adam Long (+1, T33) and Kevin Streelman (+8, ouch!) are in the field. There are only 76 in the field, and all players will likely play four rounds.

The headline from day one is that Tiger Woods is tied for first, shaking off three early bogeys to finish at -6.
    Last edited by sagegrouse; 10-24-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    Sage Grouse

The Asian portion of the PGA Tour continues with play at the Accordia Golf Narashino Country Club, 20 miles east of Tokyo. Adam Long (+1, T33) and Kevin Streelman (+8, ouch!) are in the field. There are only 76 in the field, and all players will likely play four rounds.

The headline from day one is that Tiger Woods is tied for first, shaking off three early bogeys to finish at -6.
    Lost a day to weather -- reportedly nearly ten inches or rain. Saturday's second round is complete now. Adam Long shot even par and is at T47. Streels improved on his poor opening round with a -1, but is still near the back of the field.

In other news, Tiger shot a second straight 64 and has a two-shot lead at -12. A win for El Tigre would be his 82nd tour victory, tying Sam Snead for most ever.
    Sage Grouse

Lost a day to weather -- reportedly nearly ten inches or rain. Saturday's second round is complete now. Adam Long shot even par and is at T47. Streels improved on his poor opening round with a -1, but is still near the back of the field.

In other news, Tiger shot a second straight 64 and has a two-shot lead at -12. A win for El Tigre would be his 82nd tour victory, tying Sam Snead for most ever.
    And, it happened. Pretty easily, too. He won by three shots.

Wes Roach T-8 in Bermuda

While the WGC-HSBC was going on in Shanghai -- won by Rory in a playoff -- there was also the Bermuda Championship as an official PGA Tour event for 2020. Wes Roach finished in a tie for 8th, picking up $87,000 and moving up the FedEx points list. Wes is on conditional PGA Tour status, with limited tour events.
    Sage Grouse

Mayakoba Golf Classic November 14-17

Tournament in Playa del Carmen on the Yucatan Peninsula. First round delayed due to weather.

Kevin Streelman, Adam Long and Wes Roach are in the field.
    Sage Grouse

Tournament in Playa del Carmen on the Yucatan Peninsula. First round delayed due to weather.

Kevin Streelman, Adam Long and Wes Roach are in the field.
    Adam Long at -8 is T-2, one shot off the lead. Roach is at -1 and Streels at even par.

All 4 Dukies are scheduled to play in RSM Classic in Sea Island next weekend. I will be there, volunteering as a standard bearer, I hope I get one of them in my group!

Mayokoba -- Only a Few Holes Left

The Mayakoba Golf Classic Sunday made up some of the ground lost on Thursday with the weather cancellation of play. At darkness on Sunday, the leaders have at most four holes to play in the AM to conclude the tournament. Adam Long, with three to play, is two shots out of the lead in fifth place at -18. Should be an interesting morning. Go Duke!

Wes Roach finished T-66.
    Sage Grouse

Adam Long Finishes T2 at Mayakoba

The Mayakoba Golf Classic Sunday made up some of the ground lost on Thursday with the weather cancellation of play. At darkness on Sunday, the leaders have at most four holes to play in the AM to conclude the tournament. Adam Long, with three to play, is two shots out of the lead in fifth place at -18. Should be an interesting morning. Go Duke!

Wes Roach finished T-66.
    Adam birdies #17 to move within one shot of winner Brendon Todd and earns a cool $544 thousand. Projected to move to #19 in the FedEx standings.
    Sage Grouse

nice finish, be good to get on a run

Adam birdies #17 to move within one shot of winner Brendon Todd and earns a cool $544 thousand. Projected to move to #19 in the FedEx standings.
    Dang! That's cooking with gas, to use a dated metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Dang! That's cooking with gas, to use a dated metaphor.
    He turned on the steam, team!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

The American Express

Kevin Streelman shot 67 (-5) today and is currently T9. Lots of golfers on the course so Streelman will certainly drop some by the time Round 1 is in the books but still a solid start to the tournament.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Kevin Streelman shot 67 (-5) today and is currently T9. Lots of golfers on the course so Streelman will certainly drop some by the time Round 1 is in the books but still a solid start to the tournament.
    Thanks, Bob. AmEx tournament is at La Quinta, CA. Adam Long (-3) and Wes Roach (-3 thru 14) are also in the field.
    Sage Grouse