Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Oh my, I just turned on the telecast to see Kevin's bogey at the par-three 12th and his errant drive on #13. Maybe I should just tune out.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Oh my, I just turned on the telecast to see Kevin's bogey at the par-three 12th and his errant drive on #13. Maybe I should just tune out.
    I thought it was my fault.

Streels is having a spot of bother here.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Streels is having a spot of bother here.
    Recovered fairly well after back-to-back bogeys. Will have work to make par here at 17. Currently T4 at -11, five back of leader Justin Thomas.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Thomas got hot right when Streelman went cold. A one-shot deficit became a six-shot deficit in about the same amount of time as it took me to type this sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Thomas got hot right when Streelman went cold. A one-shot deficit became a six-shot deficit in about the same amount of time as it took me to type this sentence.
    Bogey for Streels at 17.

Streelman birdies 18 and finishes T4 headed into the final 18 holes. Tee times being moved forward tomorrow due to expected weather issues.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman birdies 18 and finishes T4 headed into the final 18 holes. Tee times being moved forward tomorrow due to expected weather issues.
    Golf Channel will be carrying the tournament live beginning at 11 AM ET. Threesomes teeing off on both #1 and #10. CBS will rebroadcast at usual time slot of 3-6 PM ET. It will also be carried live, if I heard correctly, on cbssports.com and on PGA Tour Live.

Tee times are posted. Streels in second-to-last group off #1 at 8:50 AM, playing with Sam Burns and Ian Poulter. Adam Long off #10 at 7:11 AM.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Golf Channel will be carrying the tournament live beginning at 11 AM ET. Threesomes teeing off on both #1 and #10. CBS will rebroadcast at usual time slot of 3-6 PM ET. It will also be carried live, if I heard correctly, on cbssports.com and on PGA Tour Live.

Tee times are posted. Streels in second-to-last group off #1 at 8:50 AM, playing with Sam Burns and Ian Poulter. Adam Long off #10 at 7:11 AM.

Go Duke!
    Golf Channel will begin broadcasting at 9 AM ET, not 11.
    Sage Grouse

Streelman with a birdie on No. 5:

https://www.pgatour.com/video/2020/0...t-workday.html

He is currently even par through six holes and T5.
    Bob Green

Streelman navigates the front nine in even par with one birdie and one bogey. He is T6 headed to the final nine holes and has to make some birdies down the stretch.
    Bob Green

Streelman navigates the front nine in even par with one birdie and one bogey. He is T6 headed to the final nine holes and has to make some birdies down the stretch.
    Brilliant marketing strategy by PGA/Golf Channel/CBS. Move up Sunday rounds to avoid thunderstorms. Then don’t allow Golf Channel or CBS to show live coverage of back 9. GC currently showing lead golfers on holes 1&2 and CBS shows taped coverage at 3.

Another Top 10 finish for Streelman as he shoots even par today to end the tournament T7 (-11). He missed a lot of putts on Saturday and Sunday that he made on Friday.

Next up is The Memorial Tournament hosted by Muirfield Village in Dublin, OH.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Brilliant marketing strategy by PGA/Golf Channel/CBS. Move up Sunday rounds to avoid thunderstorms. Then don’t allow Golf Channel or CBS to show live coverage of back 9. GC currently showing lead golfers on holes 1&2 and CBS shows taped coverage at 3.
    Well, they didn’t want to interfere with all the other sports they are covering today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Well, they didn’t want to interfere with all the other sports they are covering today.
    Lol.

This isn't technically LPGA golf, although it is probably *future* LPGA golf and I did not know exactly where else to post it. Four members of the Duke women's golf team are participating in the North & South Women's Amateur this week in Pinehurst: Erica Shepherd, Phoebe Brinker, Gina Kim, and Megan Furtney. The event format is for the entire field of 125 to play 36 holes of stroke play (18 holes today and 18 holes tomorrow) on Pinehurst Nos. 2 and 4. They then cut and seed the field to exactly 32 participants for survive-and-advance match play on No.2 the remainder of the week. The final will be on Saturday afternoon.

Live-scoring provided here: https://www.golfgenius.com/pages/2545237
    Last edited by Tripping William; 07-14-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    This isn't technically LPGA golf, although it is probably *future* LPGA golf and I did not know exactly where else to post it. Four members of the Duke women's golf team are participating in the North & South Women's Amateur this week in Pinehurst: Erica Shepherd, Phoebe Brinker, Gina Kim, and Megan Furtney. The event format is for the entire field of 125 to play 36 holes of stroke play (18 holes today and 18 holes tomorrow) on Pinehurst Nos. 2 and 4. They then cut and seed the field to exactly 32 participants for survive-and-advance match play on No.2 the remainder of the week. The final will be on Saturday afternoon.

Live-scoring provided here: https://www.golfgenius.com/pages/2545237
    Megan finished at -1 in the first 18 -- T8. Gina Kim is E thru 12 holes. Both on Pinehurst #2. Phoebe finished #4 at +7; Erica is at +7 thru 12 on #2. At T99, they will have to finish very strongly to make the top 32.

Jaravee Boonchant is not in the field -- perhaps overseas in her home country of Thailand?
    Sage Grouse

Megan finished at -1 in the first 18 -- T8. Gina Kim is E thru 12 holes. Both on Pinehurst #2. Phoebe finished #4 at +7; Erica is at +7 thru 12 on #2. At T99, they will have to finish very strongly to make the top 32.

Jaravee Boonchant is not in the field -- perhaps overseas in her home country of Thailand?
    Megan apparently wasn't done yet. Here are the standings for the Duke players:

Megan Furtney -2 (T7)
    Gina Kim E (T17)
    Erica Shepherd and Phoebe Brinker +7 (T96)

Three of the Duke players played No.2 today; only Brinker played No.4. They flip-flop tomorrow, so Brinker plays No.2 while the others play No.4. Having played No.4 yesterday, those massive, undulating greens are rolling, and rolling fast.
    Last edited by Tripping William; 07-14-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Memorial Tournament power rankings:

https://www.pgatour.com/power-rankin...golf-club.html

Streelman checks in at #12 and gets some good ink.
    Bob Green

Memorial Tournament power rankings:

https://www.pgatour.com/power-rankin...golf-club.html

Streelman checks in at #12 and gets some good ink.
    And ahead of Tiger. That may be a 1st.