Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Streelman shoots a +1 (71) and is -2 and T29 heading into Sunday’s final 18 holes.
    Bob Green

Celine Boutier in 3-way tie for lead, some still on course, but unlikely they catch the leaders. Harigae, Yu Liu and Lang in Top 16. So 4 ex-Dukies in strong position at 1st LPGA event since Covid.

Streelman tees off #1 at 12:15 pm. He needs to make up ground lost yesterday.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Celine Boutier in 3-way tie for lead, some still on course, but unlikely they catch the leaders. Harigae, Yu Liu and Lang in Top 16. So 4 ex-Dukies in strong position at 1st LPGA event since Covid.
    Boutier finishes 2nd, 1 shot back. Land and Harigae T6. 3 Dukies in Top 6.

Meant Lang iT6

TPC Harding Park Aug 6 - 9, 2020

Day 1 has both Kevin and Adam Long starting at #10 in the PM. Streelman is at 1:31 PM PDT, playing with Jazz Janewattananond from Thailand and Aussie Matt Jones. Adam Long is in the last group at 2:37 PM Shawn Warren and Marcus Kinhult (SWE).
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Our guys get no respect on ESPN golf coverage. Never see them on the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Our guys get no respect on ESPN golf coverage. Never see them on the tube.
    Yep. Not distinctive enough. Instead ESPN spent its time following Tommy Fleetwood, I suppose because Michelle Wie admired his flowing locks, and he finished over par. And also the coverage can't get enough of Bryson DeChambeau (whom I don't care for one bit), but at least he's in the running.

streels finished at -1 69 for the day. Adam has done OK except ... except.. for that triple bogey on #18 His ninth hole). He is +2 for the day with a few holes left.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Boutier finishes 2nd, 1 shot back. Land and Harigae T6. 3 Dukies in Top 6.
    Not to bring up the past in the midst of a major championship, but I watched this tournament and Celine missed two putts inside of five feet in the last four holes, including a three-footer on the last hole that would've sent the tournament into a playoff. She had been money on short putts throughout the tournament before that time. It was pretty sad.

Today’s tee times:

Streelman goes off #1 at 11:06 am EDT
    Long goes off #1 at 12:12 pm EDT
    Bob Green

The great uncle of Brooks Koepka, who majors in majors and is currently T3, is Dick Groat. Brooks' brother Chase, who plays on the European tour, is a big Duke basketball fan, as told by Brooks to David Feherty on his show. This is probably info already well known to most who frequent this board.

Streelman with an even par 70 today to stay -1 overall. He is currently T36.
    Bob Green

Adam Long shot -2 (68) today and is +1 overall. Projected cut is +1 so Long is good right now and should be playing the weekend.
    Bob Green

Moving Day

Tee times:

Adam Long (T60) - 12:10 pm
    Kevin Streelman (T31) - 3:10 pm

For Streelman to move up the Leaderboard, he needs to drive the ball in the fairway. His “Driving Accuracy” is only 50% over first 36 holes.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 08-08-2020 at 07:26 AM.
    Bob Green

Sunday tee times:

Streelman (T59) 11:10 am
    Long (T68) 10:50 am
    Bob Green

I think CBS is going to have to mute the microphone that is accompanying Justin Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I think CBS is going to have to mute the microphone that is accompanying Justin Thomas.
    Why? Coach K would be okay if they didn’t.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Wyndham Championship August 13-16

Wyndham being played on the Donald Ross course at Sedgefield CC in Greensboro. This was where seven universities met in 1953 to found the Atlantic Coast Conference (all the original schools except UVa).

Adam Long shoots a -2 68 in the first round and is T22 so far, with a lot of golfers on the course.

Couldn't find Streels, Wes Roach or Ryan Blaum on the leaderboard -- so assume they are sitting out this week.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Couldn't find Streels, Wes Roach or Ryan Blaum on the leaderboard -- so assume they are sitting out this week.
    Kevin Streelman will be back in action next week at the Northern Trust.
    Bob Green

A question for Bob Green. There were 2 Duke Alumni that got into this weeks Wyndam tournament via Monday qualifying. Any idea who they are ?