Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    A question for Bob Green. There were 2 Duke Alumni that got into this weeks Wyndam tournament via Monday qualifying. Any idea who they are ?
    https://www.pgatour.com/news/2020/08...mpionship.html

Bronson Paolini and Jake Shuman.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    A question for Bob Green. There were 2 Duke Alumni that got into this weeks Wyndam tournament via Monday qualifying. Any idea who they are ?
    Here's the lead para. from GoDuke.com:

The Duke men's golf team is represented by three former Blue Devils at this weekend's Wyndham Championship that begins Thursday at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C.

PGA Tour veteran Adam Long is joined by a pair of former Duke golfers making their first career PGA Tour starts -- Jake Shuman and Brinson Paolini. Shuman and Paolini each earned their spot via Monday's qualifier by finishing in the top two spots with only two spots available.
    Wow! Two for two!

Jake was class of 2018 and has only played a couple of events anywhere. Brinson turned pro in 2013 and had some early success in Europe.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Brinson at +1 and Jake at +4.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Brinson at +1 and Jake at +4.
    Jake was +4 after four holes and played even par the rest of the way. Brinson was -2 after 13 holes and finished the last five in +3.

Adam's -1 round was highlighted by six birdies.
    Sage Grouse

Thank You.

A little late to the game on Dukies playing in the US Amateur at Bandon, Oregon, this week. Adrien Pendaries, Evan Katz, and Ian Siebers from the current team, and ex-Devil Yarik Merkulov, qualified for the field. Only Katz made it to match play, and did so in a playoff. He played as the 63-seed and lost in the Round of 64 after 19 holes.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

An actual Adam Long sighting (and corresponding Duke mention) on Golf channel, just as he sunk a birdie chip to go to 6 under at the turn, just 4 off the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    An actual Adam Long sighting (and corresponding Duke mention) on Golf channel, just as he sunk a birdie chip to go to 6 under at the turn, just 4 off the lead.
    Video of Long’s chip in:

https://www.pgatour.com/video/2020/0...t-wyndham.html
    Bob Green

A great tee shot results in a birdie on the Par 3 12th hole:

Bob Green

Long hits his second shot close to birdie 14:

He is through 16 and T14 at -7.
    Bob Green

Adam finished 7 under, three shots off the lead. He was 5 under for the day.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Adam finished 7 under, three shots off the lead. He was 5 under for the day.
    Not official yet, but looks like our guy Brinson Paolini makes the cut on the number, shooting -4 today and ending at -3 total -- T64. He sinks a 7' 6" putt on the final hole. Brinson turned pro seven years ago, but this is his first PGA Tour event.

Jake Shuman, also in his first PGA event, will miss the cut at +4 with a hole to go.
    Sage Grouse

Today’s tee times:

Adam Long (T17) goes off #1 at 7:50 am
    Bronson Paolini (T64) goes off #10 at 9:00 am
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Today’s tee times:

Adam Long (T17) goes off #1 at 7:50 am
    Bronson Paolini (T64) goes off #10 at 9:00 am
    I tee off at 9:30 this morning at Starmount Forest, not Sedgefield. It’s cart paths only from the 2-3” of rain yesterday and overnight. It’s not raining now. Rain is forecast to start in Greensboro about 11:00, with a 40% chance of thunderstorms. At 1:00 the chances go up to 80-90% for the rest of the day. Tomorrow is the better day weather wise.

I hope to get in at least 9 holes; I don’t expect to finish the round, but it’s the weather so you never know!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I tee off at 9:30 this morning at Starmount Forest, not Sedgefield. It’s cart paths only from the 2-3” of rain yesterday and overnight. It’s not raining now. Rain is forecast to start in Greensboro about 11:00, with a 40% chance of thunderstorms. At 1:00 the chances go up to 80-90% for the rest of the day. Tomorrow is the better day weather wise.

I hope to get in at least 9 holes; I don’t expect to finish the round, but it’s the weather so you never know!
    I guess that's the same Starmount that used to be home of the GGO. I never played it but I admired it from the road that ran along beside one of the holes. H

Hit the fairways and one-putt all 18 holes OZZIE. Stay dry, stay safe and always,

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

Paradigm of optimism ...

Seriously, hit ‘em well. Hope the rain holds off. Homeboy was supposed to play in the Carolinas PGA Junior event there about a month ago, but the Starmount membership decided they didn’t want to host it. They moved it to Cardinal, which we love, so it turned out all right.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Adam is 2 under through 7 holes, 9 under for the tournament and still three back.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Adam is 2 under through 7 holes, 9 under for the tournament and still three back.
    Adam back to even for the day through 15.

Brinson Paolini is making a move -- five birdies and two bogeys on the front -- three approach shots within four feet. He is at -6 for the tournament in a strong bid for a good payday in his first PGA Tour event.
    Sage Grouse

Celine Boutier with a bad day today, going 3 over on her round. She is now 4 over for the tournament, which puts her well back of the leaders in the Scottish Open.

On the other hand, Yu Liu was two under today and is three under for the tournament, putting her in a tie for sixth place at the moment. The leader is Asahara Munoz, who sits at 7 under, one shot ahead of Stacy Lewis.

Final Round tee times.

Brinson Paolini (T42) 10:20 am
    Adam Long (T48) 10:00 am

Playing twosomes with everything starting on #1.
    Bob Green