Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Dukies on the 2020 PGA and LPGA Tours

The 2020 PGA Tour has started -- last week with the event at the Greenbrier. The 2020 LPGA Tour doesn't start until, well, 2020.

On the PGA Tour there are four Dukies with status: tour cards for Kevin Streelman (top 80) and Adam Long (top 70 and winner of the 2019 Desert Classic); "conditional" status for Ryan Blaum and Wes Roach, who finished between 125 and 150 in FedEx rankings. Those with conditional status can play in PGA events, if there is room, and are full members of the Web.com tour. Ryan made $755K on the PGA Tour last season; Wes earned $860K -- so they may have a few bucks left to cover their expenses.

At "A Military Tribute at the Greenbrier" event last week, Adam Long finished T14 -- a nice start for the season. Streels, Ryan and Wes missed the cut.

This week we have the Sanderson Farms championship in Mississippi. The Thursday round had a weather delay and many players are still in their first round. Adam Long is -3 after 13. Streels finished at even par, while Ryan finished at +2. Wes is even par after seven holes in the first round.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The 2020 PGA Tour has started -- last week with the event at the Greenbrier. The 2020 LPGA Tour doesn't start until, well, 2020.

On the PGA Tour there are four Dukies with status: tour cards for Kevin Streelman (top 80) and Adam Long (top 70 and winner of the 2019 Desert Classic); "conditional" status for Ryan Blaum and Wes Roach, who finished between 125 and 150 in FedEx rankings. Those with conditional status can play in PGA events, if there is room, and are full members of the Web.com tour. Ryan made $755K on the PGA Tour last season; Wes earned $860K -- so they may have a few bucks left to cover their expenses.

At "A Military Tribute at the Greenbrier" event last week, Adam Long finished T14 -- a nice start for the season. Streels, Ryan and Wes missed the cut.

This week we have the Sanderson Farms championship in Mississippi. The Thursday round had a weather delay and many players are still in their first round. Adam Long is -3 after 13. Streels finished at even par, while Ryan finished at +2. Wes is even par after seven holes in the first round.

Go Duke!
    At the close of business on Friday, there were players still on the course. Streels is on the cut line at -3 through 13 holes, with birdies on all the par 5's; Ryan Blaum is at -1 through 13 and needs to make up some ground. Adam Long at -6 has finished his second round and is T21. Wes Roach missed the cut.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Hopefully Streelman can finish RD 2 strong. He was playing good golf earlier in the summer but faded toward the end of the season.
    Bob Green

In the second round at Sanderson Farms in Jackson MS, Streels came through with a five-under 67 to easily make the cut and finish T33 at -5. Kevin birdied all four of the par-five holes, parred every other hole, and finished a birdie on #9.

Adam Long is T18 at -6.

Ryan Blaum played well in the second round with a -3 score of 69, but missed the cut by two shots. Wes Roach finished far back with an 80 in the second round.

The third round will start shortly.
    Sage Grouse

In the second round at Sanderson Farms in Jackson MS, Streels came through with a five-under 67 to easily make the cut and finish T33 at -5. Kevin birdied all four of the par-five holes, parred every other hole, and finished a birdie on #9.

Adam Long is T18 at -6.

Ryan Blaum played well in the second round with a -3 score of 69, but missed the cut by two shots. Wes Roach finished far back with an 80 in the second round.

The third round will start shortly.
    Streelman (-3 today) is T18 after three rounds at Sanderson Farms; Adam Long (-1) is T25.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

Streelman off to a hot start with birdies on Hole 1 & 3 to improve to -10 and T11.
    Bob Green

Streelman shoots a 31 on the front nine (five birdies and four pars) to improve to -13 T6 for the tournament.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman shoots a 31 on the front nine (five birdies and four pars) to improve to -13 T6 for the tournament.
    Tied for third now after 14 holes, -7 for the day with eight birdies and a bogey. Those starting the day in the top ten have a lot of holes to play -- leader Sebastian Munoz, e.g., is playing #7.
    Sage Grouse

Wow birdied another and is tied for second, one shot back!

Tied for third now after 14 holes, -7 for the day with eight birdies and a bogey. Those starting the day in the top ten have a lot of holes to play -- leader Sebastian Munoz, e.g., is playing #7.
    Streels is now tied for second with a birdie on the drive-able par 4 15th.
    Sage Grouse

Streelman finishes the Sanderson Farms tournament with a -8 score of 64 and an overall total of -16. This was a great final round! He is now tied for third, but with a lot of players on the course. I expect him to finish 5-7.

Adam Long finished at -10 and is now T22.
    Sage Grouse

Streelman finishes the Sanderson Farms tournament with a -8 score of 64 and an overall total of -16. This was a great final round! He is now tied for third, but with a lot of players on the course. I expect him to finish 5-7.

Adam Long finished at -10 and is now T22.
    Streels is now headed for a top-five finish with only a few players on the course. Great tournament.
    Sage Grouse

Streelman ends up T4 and earns $297K. He will be back in action next week at the Safeway Open in Napa, CA.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-22-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    Bob Green

Streelman and Adam Long playing at the Safeway Open in Napa, CA.

Scores are here.
    Sage Grouse

Streelman and Adam Long playing at the Safeway Open in Napa, CA.

Scores are here.
    After day 1:

Long -5, T5
    Streelman -1, T51
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    After day 1:

Long -5, T5
    Streelman -1, T51
    Long tied for the lead (-9) with one hole to go. Of course, many haven’t teed off, so he likely will be trailing at end of day. Good tourney so far.

Streelman with tough round and finishes +2. He won’t make the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Long tied for the lead (-9) with one hole to go. Of course, many haven’t teed off, so he likely will be trailing at end of day. Good tourney so far.

Streelman with tough round and finishes +2. He won’t make the cut.
    Adam Long finished T-23 with a final round 68. His problem was shooting a 77 in the third round. He finished 67-68-77-68 = 280.
    Sage Grouse

Houston Open and More

Wes Roach was the only Dukie at the Houston Open last weekend. He finished T-28 and earned $42,000. He does not have a full tour card this year, finishing 125-150 in 2019, and is able to play only some of the PGA Tour events. Good tournament for Wes, although I am sure he is disappointed he didn't finish as strongly as he started --T-5 after the first round.

This week the PGA Tour moves to Korea -- the CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges (or maybe someone is pulling my leg). Adam Long and Kevin Streelman are in the field.

While we started the 2020 PGA Tour a few weeks ago, the 2019 LPGA Tour continues. Celine Boutier and Yu Liu have been "Shanghai-ed" to play at the Buick LPGA tournament in China. Celine is #51 in the world rankings, while Yu Liu is #38.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

Round one at the CJ Cup @Nine Bridges in Korea is complete. Streelman is T15 at -3 and Adam Long is T53 at +1.

Apparently suffering from the jet lag that eluded Streels and Adam, Yu Liu and Celine Boutier are way back in the LPGA event in Shanghai.
    Sage Grouse

Apparently suffering from the jet lag that eluded Streels and Adam, Yu Liu and Celine Boutier are way back in the LPGA event in Shanghai.

Were they shanghaied?

Am I allowed to even ask that anymore?