Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Having basically the same players 2 weeks in a row - makes me wonder how much fairway divots are going to come into play ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I certainly agree there will not be a 100% overlap but the percentage will be higher than 0, which is what is was at Pinehurst in 2014.
    Not to be “that guy,”‘ but that’s not what you said. Here is what you said:

Interesting that the next two tournaments will both be played at Muirfield. Workday Charity Open will be followed by The Memorial Tournament. I do not recall back-to-back tournaments hosted by the same course before. Another data point that 2020 is strange.
    Nothing about “same players” there. Pinehurst 2014 fits, although only because the original post’s imprecision gave wiggle-room.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Having basically the same players 2 weeks in a row - makes me wonder how much fairway divots are going to come into play ?
    I grew up going to the Memorial, so I know that course pretty well. They have a few tricks up their sleeves... Different tee boxes on several holes, for one. Transplanting sod where necessary in between tournaments also. I'm pretty sure they've canceled Monday practice rounds both weeks, which should also help a bit.

Kevin Streelman cards a -2 (70) in Round 1. He is currently T24. Five birdies and three bogeys on the day.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    I grew up going to the Memorial, so I know that course pretty well. They have a few tricks up their sleeves... Different tee boxes on several holes, for one. Transplanting sod where necessary in between tournaments also. I'm pretty sure they've canceled Monday practice rounds both weeks, which should also help a bit.
    A Golf Digest article, released today, from Pinehurst's superintendent about how his team dealt with these issues. Upshot: It ain't easy.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Adam Long shoots -4 (68) and is T7. Now that Round 1 is in the books, Streelman is T36. Both Blue Devils are in solid shape headed into Round 2.

Tee times:

Long, 07:56 off #10
    Streelman, 12:59 off #10
    Bob Green

Adam Long shoots -4 (68) and is T7. Now that Round 1 is in the books, Streelman is T36. Both Blue Devils are in solid shape headed into Round 2.

Tee times:

Long, 07:56 off #10
    Streelman, 12:59 off #10
    For those as clueless as me, here's info on the sponsor of the Workday Charity Open:

Workday
    Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, planning, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

In the second round of the Workday Charity Open, Adam Long has hit into the water three times. He is +5 for ten holes and, at +1, will need to pick up some ground to play the weekend.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Play is suspended due to thunderstorms. I checked the Weather Channel and storm warning is in effect until 1:15 pm so hopefully golf will resume soon thereafter.

Weather report for Saturday is “mostly sunny” but rain is forecast on Sunday.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    In the second round of the Workday Charity Open, Adam Long has hit into the water three times. He is +5 for ten holes and, at +1, will need to pick up some ground to play the weekend.
    Adam has rallied and is now -3 -- birdies on #4 (his 13th hole), eagle on #5 and birdie on #7.
    Sage Grouse

Streelman birdies five holes on the back nine: 11, 13, 15, 16, 18. He is T5 headed to the front nine.
    Bob Green

Streelman birdies five holes on the back nine: 11, 13, 15, 16, 18. He is T5 headed to the front nine.
    When he gets rolling...

-jk

As an interesting side note to this thread - anyone have any idea how Jay Bilas is doing out at Lake Tahoe's American Century tournament ?

Streelman shoots -8 (64) today and is at -10 for the tournament, in 2nd place, behind leader Colin Morikawa (-13).
    Bob Green

Streelman shoots -8 (64) today and is at -10 for the tournament, in 2nd place, behind leader Colin Morikawa (-13).
    Awesome. Thanks for the updates. I can’t surf the web from work, but updates on my phone, they can’t get me.

Threesomes will be used again today due to two weather delays yesterday results in some players needing to finish their second round this morning before Round 3 can get started:

https://www.pgatour.com/daily-wrapup...d-village.html

The final grouping will be Collin Morikawa, Kevin Streelman and Justin Thomas.
    Bob Green

The final grouping will be Collin Morikawa, some other guy, and Justin Thomas.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the updates. I can’t surf the web from work, but updates on my phone, they can’t get me.
    Try this phone app: theScore. It can be personalized by sport, team and players by using the favorites feature and will give you current standings, scores, etc.

Today’s tee times:

Adam Long, 11:10 am
    Kevin Streelman, 1:00 pm
    Bob Green

Streels is 2-under through 8 thus far today and is currently in T3 at -12.

Long is even through 16 and is T41 at -3.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?