Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Duke is 14th in Baseball.com's poll, up two, and 16th in Baseball America's poll, up one.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseba...ballcom-top-25
    https://www.baseballamerica.com/rank...seball-top-25/

The Heels fell out of the top 25 in at least one poll after losing their weekend series at home to Dallas Baptist. HAHAHAHA
    I don't like DBU but the all-caps laughing seems to indicate that you think that this result is somehow super-embarrassing for the Heels. DBU has been in the NCAA tournament seven of the past eight years, making a super-regional in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    I don't like DBU but the all-caps laughing seems to indicate that you think that this result is somehow super-embarrassing for the Heels. DBU has been in the NCAA tournament seven of the past eight years, making a super-regional in 2011.
    I'm guessing CB&B is just laughing at them falling out of the Top 25 and losing the weekend series more than at who beat them.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm guessing CB&B is just laughing at them falling out of the Top 25 and losing the weekend series more than at who beat them.
    Yep! As they say in Cameron...Ahhhhhh-Seeeeeeeya! (Except they said it in Chapel Hill...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Five straight shutouts. WOW! 16-0.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke records its 5th shutout in the last 6 games. Can we take some of today's runs and save them for future games when we might need them? The final of 16-0 seems a bit cruel.

Final: Duke 16, Air Force 0

Falcons had bases loaded with no outs in T9 but did not score.
    Bob Green

Duke’s team ERA down to 0.153 through 8 games which is just...WHAT?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
    Don't know when I'll be back again
    Oh babe, I hate to go

But then again, I never really took off
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Duke’s team ERA down to 0.153 through 8 games which is just...WHAT?
    2 runs surrendered on 2/14 + 8 runs on Feb 15 + 1 run on Feb 23 = 1.375 ERA from where I sit. Still pretty darned impressive, but not quite that low.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    2 runs surrendered on 2/14 + 8 runs on Feb 15 + 1 run on Feb 23 = 1.375 ERA from where I sit. Still pretty darned impressive, but not quite that low.
    How many of those runs does the E take off the pitching stats? (I do not know, just asking)

Are you sure all 11 runs were earned runs.

Edit: It appears 6 of 11 we’re earned runs. Team ERA is .75

https://goduke.com/documents/2020/2/...?path=baseball
    Last edited by Bob Green; 02-24-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Are you sure all 11 runs were earned runs.

Edit: It appears 6 of 11 we’re earned runs.

https://goduke.com/documents/2020/2/...?path=baseball
    Ah, good call. My command of baseball stats is rusty because eff Cobb County.
    So 6 ER in 8 games = 0.75 ERA...split the difference on our two calculations and the larger point remains: quite impressive for Duke baseball!

Ah, good call. My command of baseball stats is rusty because eff Cobb County.
    So 6 ER in 8 games = 0.75 ERA...split the difference on our two calculations and the larger point remains: quite impressive for Duke baseball!
    Ah yes, my number was per inning, not per 9, but I also was including all runs. Still ridiculous

The offense and pitching ERA will rise with the temperatures and more game experience.

Big weekend in Minneapolis. All 3 Triangle teams are making the trip. I can't cheer for NCSU as long as we have a chance to host. Of course 9F, 9F, 9F.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    The offense and pitching ERA will rise with the temperatures and more game experience.

Big weekend in Minneapolis. All 3 Triangle teams are making the trip. I can't cheer for NCSU as long as we have a chance to host. Of course 9F, 9F, 9F.
    Seriously, who scheduled an ACC/B10 challenge in MINNESOTA IN FEBRUARY. Just....why. High of 25 degrees Friday, sigh.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Seriously, who scheduled an ACC/B10 challenge in MINNESOTA IN FEBRUARY. Just...why. High of 25 degrees Friday, sigh.
    It will be a chilly 75 or 80 inside the dome. It's one of the highlights of our non-conference season besides ECU. We need to win 2/3 this weekend.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    It will be a chilly 75 or 80 inside the dome. It's one of the highlights of our non-conference season besides ECU. We need to win 2/3 this weekend.
    I was going to say what dome, but darn if they don’t play in US Bank Stadium. Didn’t know it had a baseball configuration.

Seriously, who scheduled an ACC/B10 challenge in MINNESOTA IN FEBRUARY. Just...why. High of 25 degrees Friday, sigh.
    Well, the games themselves will be played in good conditions in U.S. Bank Stadium.

From Wiki:
    U.S. Bank Stadium is an enclosed stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States. Built on the former site of the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, the indoor stadium opened in 2016 and is the home of the Minnesota Vikings (NFL); it also hosts early season college baseball games of the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers (NCAA)...

U.S. Bank Stadium hosted Super Bowl LII won by the Philadelphia Eagles on February 4, 2018,[15] the ESPN X Games on July 19–22, 2018, and the NCAA Final Four won by the Virginia Cavaliers on April 6–8, 2019. The stadium is also expected to host the 2020 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships.

I am confident that Jarvis and Duke would be prepared to play outside against UMN. UNC and NCSU? Not so much because they cancelled on Friday.

as long as Jerry Lundegaard isn't pitching for the Gophers, we'll be fine.