Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Even if Zion were to retake the test and break the record, it wouldn’t count. The record is max vert by a Duke player, not by an alum. It wouldn’t really be meaningful if any pro could come back and set the record.
    Do verticals generally improve after your freshman year of college? Mine didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Do verticals generally improve after your freshman year of college? Mine didn't.
    You are correct. The "freshman 15" does not refer to verticals.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

No, but my horizontal measurements have definitely gone up since then.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    And maybe that's just RJ being RJ. His statement that he can dunk like Zion also does not meet the eye test. Knowing RJ's ego and alpha-dog mentality, if he COULD have, he WOULD have.
    Did RJ really say that?? I have a hard time believing he would say something so absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Did RJ really say that?? I have a hard time believing he would say something so absurd.
    I vaguely remember him saying something of that nature after the foul line dunk in Canada and thinking, yeah right. Barrett is a very good athlete and capable of some nice dunks but Zion is rare and special in his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    For most people, purely physical skills peak in the late 20's. I believe that holds for strength, speed, stamina and agility... jumping included.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I read the article. He said something more along the lines of "I can do many of the same dunks" which is true. He threw down some windmills in games, and that foul line dunk in Canada. He did not say he was as good of a dunker.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    For most people, purely physical skills peak in the late 20's. I believe that holds for strength, speed, stamina and agility... jumping included.
    Ackshually, different physical skills tend to have different age peaks - pure speed and reaction time in early 20's, strength rather later, and endurance running as "late" as the early 30's or more. By way of example, Usain Bolt's 100m world record was set when he was not quite 23, and Kipchoge set the current marathon record at age 31.

But the point stands - both Zion and RJ could still be getting faster, higher, stronger at age 19.