Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sometimes I wonder about my TV's color presentations … but there's no way I could make any kind of adjustment that would make those uniforms appear to be a Green Wave.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    UCF *should* be in the playoff conversation if they win out; they will need help, however, in the form of bad and/or multiple losses by the traditional P5 powers currently expected to be in the mix.
    Looking at UCF's schedule, how many teams in the top 10 would be 90%+ to go undefeated against that schedule? I think all of them. I strongly suspect every single top ten team would be a double digit favorite in every single game on UCF's schedule.

I'm not saying that if UCF goes unbeaten they should not be in the playoff conversation, but I do sorta understand the folks who think their schedule is close to disqualifying.

-Jason "is there really no way for UCF to schedule fellow P5 outsider Notre Dame? I wish they at least had like Michigan St or Okie St or Texas A&M... sigh" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Looking at UCF's schedule, how many teams in the top 10 would be 90%+ to go undefeated against that schedule? I think all of them. I strongly suspect every single top ten team would be a double digit favorite in every single game on UCF's schedule.

I'm not saying that if UCF goes unbeaten they should not be in the playoff conversation, but I do sorta understand the folks who think their schedule is close to disqualifying.

-Jason "is there really no way for UCF to schedule fellow P5 outsider Notre Dame? I wish they at least had like Michigan St or Okie St or Texas A&M... sigh" Evans
    They scheduled Stanford this year! Well, they scheduled them in 2014, to be played this year. In 2014, Stanford finished as the #12 team in the country per S&P+ (now SP+ at ESPN). Can we really blame them for misreading the tea leaves 5 years out?

The way football schedules are set up, it's nearly impossible for UCF to meet the standards the schedule naysayers want them to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hingeknocker View Post
    They scheduled Stanford this year! Well, they scheduled them in 2014, to be played this year. In 2014, Stanford finished as the #12 team in the country per S&P+ (now SP+ at ESPN). Can we really blame them for misreading the tea leaves 5 years out?

The way football schedules are set up, it's nearly impossible for UCF to meet the standards the schedule naysayers want them to meet.
    This (up arrow)

True, and if that's a major concern to a player or coach I say don't go to UCF and complain. Go somewhere that's not an issue. It is what it is, fair or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    True, and if that's a major concern to a player or coach I say don't go to UCF and complain. Go somewhere that's not an issue. It is what it is, fair or not.
    I mean...I personally don't think the pathway to a football championship should be so calcified that a finite number of schools even have a shot at it. Or that we should just give in and never complain about something that could be improved. I understand the pragmatic point you're making, but it would be very easy for the BCS to just expand the playoffs to 8, 12, or 16 teams so that every worthy team is in with a chance.

I mean...I personally don't think the pathway to a football championship should be so calcified that a finite number of schools even have a shot at it. Or that we should just give in and never complain about something that could be improved. I understand the pragmatic point you're making, but it would be very easy for the BCS to just expand the playoffs to 8, 12, or 16 teams so that every worthy team is in with a chance.
    But that's a separate issue...and I think we will see it opened up some. But a scholarship does not guarantee a shot at a national title, and this always gets debated as if it does. At least not now. So if you've gone to a smaller school in the last 20 years, or are going now, you need to know the reality of today and not complain. That's separate from hoping the system expands.

But let's be real, UCF is a 4-5-6 loss team in the SEC, so it's not the calcified system (I do like that word) as much as it is the reality of FB now. It's a big school sport...and while UCF is now a big school, it hasn't been for very long, thus there are not the alumni as they are with, say, Florida or Georgia.

Oh, one more quibble. The BCS was changed to a play off just a few years ago. That's not really calcified....though I still ike the term.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post

But let's be real, UCF is a 4-5-6 loss team in the SEC, so it's not the calcified system (I do like that word) as much as it is the reality of FB now. It's a big school sport...and while UCF is now a big school, it hasn't been for very long, thus there are not the alumni as they are with, say, Florida or Georgia.
    Your logic is sound but I do think UCF has a legitimate chance to be a top SEC team. Given the quality of instate recruits along with actually being in the SEC, would allow it to compete in recruiting at close to that level. Add in the whole Disney/Orlando factor and it would be a great destination to recruit to. Once you can compete to get top recruits, you can be a top team. Also, losing 4-6 games in the SEC could still make you a top 15 (maybe top 10) team this year...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Sagarin says the Clemson - Charlotte game should be a 50 point line. It may be fun to watch to see if Clemson can get to 70 points.
    And I always hope to catch a glimpse of Nephew Alex on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Speaking of Tulane and Houston, The Tulane Tarheels had the craziest ending of the season so far last night in their win over Houston. (And when I tuned in, I was positive that Mack Brown had brought his team in for a surprise game.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...l-ending-year/

Yep, proudly wore my Tulane shirt to work today. Full admission though, I had put on another one, was walking out the door this morning, then decided to check the score (think it was 28-7 down last I had checked last night in the first half). Ran back inside and changed!!

Oddly enough CBAB, when I was in the Big Easy, Mack Brown WAS our football coach!! Though I cannot and will not support the uniform. Let's put the GREEN back in the Green Wave please guys!!

Looks like Syracuse is in a dog fight. Up 38-33 in the 4th.

Is anyone else having trouble streaming the xnc-App State game? I'm guessing it is blacked out from streaming on ESPN because it is being broadcast locally on Fox Sports Carolinas...is there a streaming option for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble streaming the xnc-App State game? I'm guessing it is blacked out from streaming on ESPN because it is being broadcast locally on Fox Sports Carolinas...is there a streaming option for that?
    To answer my own question, games on the regional Fox Sports channels (Fox Sports Carolinas, Fox Sports Midwest, etc.) you need the "Fox Sports Go" app, which is distinct from the regular "Fox Sports" app (which is what you need to stream FS1, FS2, and some others).

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    I’m showing blackout online as well. The Spectrum guide says there’s soccer on Fox Sports South, however it’s football. go App State!

Meanwhile, Pitt is up 7-0 on UCF, and is driving for another TD as the first quarter ends.

TD Mountaineers! Two point conversion try upcoming. 19-7 good guys.

Changes their minds. 20-7.

Wow Pitt making a statement!

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Wow Pitt making a statement!
    App State too! 😍

To answer my own question, games on the regional Fox Sports channels (Fox Sports Carolinas, Fox Sports Midwest, etc.) you need the "Fox Sports Go" app, which is distinct from the regular "Fox Sports" app (which is what you need to stream FS1, FS2, and some others).
    Thanks! Was able to download the app quickly and begin watching. I thought the game was only on ACCNX. Did Swoff pull some strings to get his beloved cheaters more exposure? May App State expose them as cheating losers.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Thanks! Was able to download the app quickly and begin watching. I thought the game was only on ACCNX. Did Swoff pull some strings to get his beloved cheaters more exposure? May App State expose them as cheating losers.
    I think it is on ACCNX for anyone not in the viewing region (so, someone in Califonia would stream on ACCNX instead of Fox). Used to see the same thing with games that got picked up by local/regional stations but were also streamable on ESPN3 (but blacked out in the areas with those regional channels).