Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ACC Football Week 4

Apologies to Bob Green for starting his thread early but I didn't see anywhere else to put this from a News and Observer article on this Saturday's game between App. St. and the Heels.

"Wide receiver Corey Sutton, who was suspended for the first two games after a marijuana-related arrest in June, apparently will play Saturday. When asked about Sutton’s status, Drinkwitz said, “He’s ready to roll.”"
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Apologies to Bob Green for starting his thread early but I didn't see anywhere else to put this from a News and Observer article on this Saturday's game between App. St. and the Heels.

"Wide receiver Corey Sutton, who was suspended for the first two games after a marijuana-related arrest in June, apparently will play Saturday. When asked about Sutton’s status, Drinkwitz said, “He’s ready to roll.”"
    Isn't that what got him in trouble in the first place?

43755_400x400.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

This is a dubious way to start a thread.

Week 4 games (all on Saturday):

Boston College at Rutgers, 12:00 pm, BTN
    Western Michigan at Syracuse, 12:00 pm, ACCN
    Elon at Wake Forest, 12:00 pm, ACCNX
    UCF at Pittsburgh, 3:30 pm, ABC/ESPN2
    Appalachian State at UNC, 3:30 pm, ACCNX
    Louisville at Florida State, 3:30 pm, ESPN
    Central Michigan at Miami, 4:00 pm, ACCN
    Old Dominion at #21 Virginia, 7:00 pm, ESPN2
    Ball State at N.C. State, 7:00 pm, ESPNU
    Charlotte at #1 Clemson, 7:30 pm, ACCN
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post

Hope he smokes ‘em downfield. All. Game. Long.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Week 4 games (all on Saturday):
    Charlotte at #1 Clemson, 7:30 pm, ACCN
    Nice job, ACCN. That one is totally prime time worthy.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'll take over.

It’s a meh week. The only two better games are on ABC and ESPN. So yeah, by default, this one is (the least un)worthy.

Sagarin says the Clemson - Charlotte game should be a 50 point line. It may be fun to watch to see if Clemson can get to 70 points.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    It’s a meh week. The only two better games are on ABC and ESPN. So yeah, by default, this one is (the least un)worthy.
    Worth noting that UCF at Pitt is a big game and well worth watching. There are precious few times that UCF plays legit P5 teams and those contests are always a good measuring stick for this outsider program that has been trying to crash the P5 party for several years. A big win could set UCF up to be in the playoff conversation again and this is likely the toughest game left on their schedule. Win this and there is a darn good chance (at least 40%, I think) UCF goes undefeated.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Worth noting that UCF at Pitt is a big game and well worth watching. There are precious few times that UCF plays legit P5 teams and those contests are always a good measuring stick for this outsider program that has been trying to crash the P5 party for several years. A big win could set UCF up to be in the playoff conversation again and this is likely the toughest game left on their schedule. Win this and there is a darn good chance (at least 40%, I think) UCF goes undefeated.
    Absolutely agree, this should be a fun game. And UNC is only -3 hosting App. State. Both worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Absolutely agree, this should be a fun game. And UNC is only -3 hosting App. State. Both worth watching.
    And that one gets the ACCNX dumpster. I will not be surprised at all if the Heels come away with a two game losing streak.

True, but it will probably get higher ratings than almost every other ACC-N game except Duke-ND.

Go Yosef! Go Mountaineers!

Last edited by JasonEvans; 09-20-2019 at 12:23 PM.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Sagarin says the Clemson - Charlotte game should be a 50 point line. It may be fun to watch to see if Clemson can get to 70 points.
    yeah, I think the Vegas odds are something like 44+ ...good weekend to focus on gardening and some unexpectedly warm (80s) and glorious weather...

I agree. It's one of the two that I noted that is clearly a better matchup, and almost entirely because of UCF, not because of the ACC team. UCF *should* be in the playoff conversation if they win out; they will need help, however, in the form of bad and/or multiple losses by the traditional P5 powers currently expected to be in the mix.

UNC given 70% chance to win here: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...l-predictions/

Quote Originally Posted by green wave dukie View Post
    this is a dubious way to start a thread.
    hah....iswydt

The jury is still out on Pittsburgh being better than Temple, Tulane, and Houston. Other than being a P5 school, Pittsburgh will need to build upon that close loss to PSU to end the season looking like one of UCF’s best wins (assuming it happens, which I’m guessing it does).

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    The jury is still out on Pittsburgh being better than Temple, Tulane, and Houston.

Speaking of Tulane and Houston, The Tulane Tarheels had the craziest ending of the season so far last night in their win over Houston. (And when I tuned in, I was positive that Mack Brown had brought his team in for a surprise game.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...l-ending-year/