Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

FB Bowl Predictions 2019/20

The first look far, far into the future is up, and Brett McMurphy sees us getting Sunny in El Paso against Arizona State.

Which of course would be a rematch of 2014.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...BBnbfcL#page=2
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    A couple updates from the ESPN prognosticators have us still heading back to the Sun Bowl, and the other has us heading back to NYC for the Pinstripe.

Regardless of if/where we go, we're halfway there.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ections-week-5
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    ... we're halfway there ...
    And we are 1/3 of the way to 9-3 ... and 1/3 of the way through the season ... and Charlie Ham is on the team (and traveled to Blacksburg) ...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    A couple updates from the ESPN prognosticators have us still heading back to the Sun Bowl, and the other has us heading back to NYC for the Pinstripe.

Regardless of if/where we go, we're halfway there.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ections-week-5
    I like those projections though, matched up against Southern Cal in one and Nebraska in the other. Now that feels like real football relevancy.

ESPN says we'll be playing USC ...

South Carolina in Nashville ...

Southern Cal in El Paso ...

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ections-week-6

If we go to El Paso, I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    If we go to El Paso, I'll be there.
    Sun Bowl is great, Hep G from the Juarez tattoo notwithstanding.

Beautiful setting, welcoming people.

Beating GT is an absolute must to get to any bowl...I'd say our bowl chances are about 50-50 right now...maybe 60-40 if I have more coffee...I think we should be very competitive with unc, Miami and Syracuse, but (at this point) see us as pretty big under dogs to ND and VA, and modest under dog to Wake...

One ESPN guy says Pinstripe still (vs Nebraska), the other has us in Orlando vs Iowa State. (Camping World)

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...wl-projections

Pretty Early

For these.

How about run the table, upset Clemson, and Orange Bowl.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    For these.

How about run the table, upset Clemson, and Orange Bowl.

SoCal
    Didn’t you mean upset Wake Forest after losing to them in regular season?🤗

CU 6-0

------------------

ND 5-1
    WF 5-1

DU 4-2
    VA 4-2
    PT 4-2
    LV 4-2
    ST 4-2

VT 4-2*

UM 3-3
    NC 3-3
    FS 3-3
    BC 3-3
    SU 3-3

GT 1-5

* = 2 FCS wins

ACC Bowl Affiliations

Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl – Dec. 23, 2:30 p.m., ESPN

Walk-On's Independence Bowl – Dec. 26, 4:15 p.m., ESPN
    Quick Lane Bowl – Dec. 26, 8 p.m., ESPN

New Era Pinstripe Bowl – Dec. 27, 3:20 p.m., ESPN
    Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman – Dec. 27, Noon, ESPN

Camping World Bowl – Dec. 28, Noon, ABC
    Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic - Dec. 28, 2 p.m., ESPN

Capital One Orange Bowl - Dec. 30, 8 p.m., ESPN
    Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl – Dec. 30, 4 p.m., ESPN
    SERVPRO First Responder Bowl – Dec. 30, 12:15 or 12:30 p.m., ESPN
    Capital One Orange Bowl – Dec. 30, 8 p.m., ESPN

Belk Bowl – Dec. 31, Noon, ESPN
    Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl - Dec. 31, TBD, CBS

Citrus Bowl – Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ABC

Birmingham Bowl – Jan. 2, 3:30 p.m., ESPN
    TaxSlayer Gator Bowl – Jan. 2, 7 p.m., ESPN

http://theacc.com/sports/2019/4/24/FB_0424195142.aspx
    Last edited by Reilly; 10-14-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Beating GT is an absolute must to get to any bowl...I'd say our bowl chances are about 50-50 right now...maybe 60-40 if I have more coffee...I think we should be very competitive with unc, Miami and Syracuse, but (at this point) see us as pretty big under dogs to ND and VA, and modest under dog to Wake...
    As a lifelong ND fan, their win against USC was underwhelming and showed some problems emerging, particularly in the middle of their D. That said, I agree we'll likely be big dogs against them. But right now it feels like we're a relatively even matchup with everyone else on the schedule—beating any of them wouldn't surprise me, but neither would losing to any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    As a lifelong ND fan, their win against USC was underwhelming and showed some problems emerging, particularly in the middle of their D. That said, I agree we'll likely be big dogs against them. But right now it feels like we're a relatively even matchup with everyone else on the schedule—beating any of them wouldn't surprise me, but neither would losing to any of them.
    You’re probably right, but Syracuse seems weakest team left. I think if we played today, we’d be a TD favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    A 9-10 win Florida in the Belk Bowl? I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    A 9-10 win Florida in the Belk Bowl? I don't see it.
    It seems the Belk is one of the SEC's "pool of six" ... first comes the CFP, then maybe a NY6 bowl, then Citrus ... then there are six ostensibly the same level and Belk is in there. I trust McMurphy more than any other CFB writer to know what might transpire. 'Bama, LSU, Georgia, and Auburn all may be better than UF, so UF would fall into the "pool of six"

https://www.secsports.com/article/18...ection-process

SEC BOWLS
    CITRUS BOWL
    (Orlando, FL) vs . Big 10 (or ACC) January 1, 2020 – 1 p .m . ET – ABC
    After the CFP selection process the Citrus Bowl gets the first selection of available SEC
    Teams .

POOL OF SIX BOWLS:

After the Citrus Bowl selects a team, there will be a pool of six bowls and the Conference, in consultation with the institutions and the bowls, will make the assignments for
    these six bowl games from all eligible SEC teams.

The pool of six bowls are as follows:

Texas Bowl (Houston, TX) vs . Big 12 – December 27 – 6:45 p .m . ET – ESPN
    Belk Bowl (Charlotte, NC) vs . ACC – December 31 – Noon ET – ESPN
    Music City Bowl (Nashville, TN) vs . ACC/Big Ten – December 30 – 4 p .m . ET – ESPN
    TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (Jacksonville, FL) vs . Big Ten/ACC – Jan . 2 – 7 p .m . ET – ESPN
    Liberty Bowl (Memphis, TN) vs . Big 12 – December 31– 3:45 p .m . ET – ESPN
    Outback Bowl (Tampa, FL) vs . Big 10 – January 1 – 1 p .m . ET – ESPN

BOWLS AFTER THE POOL OF SIX:

Birmingham Bowl
    (Birmingham, AL) vs . American – January 2 – 3 p .m . ET – ESPN

The Birmingham Bowl selects after the CFP, Citrus Bowl and the Pool of Six Bowls
    (Outback Bowl, TaxSlayer Bowl, Music City Bowl, Texas Bowl, Belk Bowl and Liberty
    Bowl) .

Independence Bowl
    (Shreveport, LA) vs . ACC – December 26– 4 p .m . ET – ESPN

The Independence Bowl selects after the CFP, Citrus Bowl, the Pool of Six (Outback
    Bowl, TaxSlayer Bowl, Music City Bowl, Texas Bowl, Belk Bowl and Liberty Bowl) and
    the Birmingham Bowl

It seems the Belk is one of the SEC's "pool of six" ... first comes the CFP, then maybe a NY6 bowl, then Citrus ... then there are six ostensibly the same level and Belk is in there. I trust McMurphy more than any other CFB writer to know what might transpire. 'Bama, LSU, Georgia, and Auburn all may be better than UF, so UF would fall into the "pool of six" . . .

The Independence Bowl selects after the CFP, Citrus Bowl, the Pool of Six (Outback Bowl, TaxSlayer Bowl, Music City Bowl, Texas Bowl, Belk Bowl and Liberty Bowl) and the Birmingham Bowl
    Don't forget that in addition to the CFP and the Citrus Bowl, but before they fall to the "pool of six," SEC teams with strong records could be selected to play in the Sugar Bowl (traditionally the destination of the SEC runner-up), the Fiesta Bowl (where LSU played last year), and the Peach Bowl (where Florida played last year). It's possible that the Gators could land in the Belk Bowl; but if they finish among the top six teams in the SEC, and certainly if they can manage to win 9 or 10 games against their schedule, I wouldn't expect them to fall that far down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Don't forget that in addition to the CFP and the Citrus Bowl, but before they fall to the "pool of six," SEC teams with strong records could be selected to play in the Sugar Bowl (traditionally the destination of the SEC runner-up), the Fiesta Bowl (where LSU played last year), and the Peach Bowl (where Florida played last year). It's possible that the Gators could land in the Belk Bowl; but if they finish among the top six teams in the SEC, and certainly if they can manage to win 9 or 10 games against their schedule, I wouldn't expect them to fall that far down the list.
    Right -- McMurphy has 'Bama in the CFP, LSU in the Sugar, Georgia in the Cotton, and Auburn in the Citrus ... next stop is your pool of six. I don't know all the NY6 tie-ins and rules, but I think that there are enough such that if 1 SEC team goes to the CFP, then there will not be 5 other SEC teams in that Sugar, Cotton, etc. marquee tier. In other words, if you're 5th or 6th in the SEC, it's hello Charlotte or Nashville or Jacksonville.

Right -- McMurphy has 'Bama in the CFP, LSU in the Sugar, Georgia in the Cotton, and Auburn in the Citrus ... next stop is your pool of six. I don't know all the NY6 tie-ins and rules, but I think that there are enough such that if 1 SEC team goes to the CFP, then there will not be 5 other SEC teams in that Sugar, Cotton, etc. marquee tier. In other words, if you're 5th or 6th in the SEC, it's hello Charlotte or Nashville or Jacksonville.
    You're leaving out potential slots in the Fiesta Bowl and the Peach Bowl, both of which line up ahead of the pool of six and included SEC teams last year; and even within that pool of six, the top remaining SEC team is most likely destined for Tampa.