Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Good win on national tv. Let’s make this a habit.
    Duke's sweet spot is to be a slight underdog....almost always win in those situations...

I find it hard to recall any other game where the momentum change was so immediate and complete.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Great job to all of you who felt confident about a Duke win. This was a dismantling!
    I said we would win.

I did not expect a dominating beat down.

LGD!

Great win for the good guys. Only one thing, during the broadcast the two Daves said that VT lost 13 players due to transfers over summer. Rut Roh! Maybe temper the good vibes over this victory just a tad.

Great game!

Defense was dominant and offense racked up 422 yards of offense: 234 rushing, 188 passing.

Duke wins the turnover battle 2-0.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I would have lost the over/under bet tonight.
    I would have perhaps lost my pie bet. Props to Jason Evans. Duke was maybe the favorite after all.

This was the Hokies worst loss since joining the ACC. Maybe those sharps betting down that 7 point spread were onto something. Insider tip - when pie is involved, bet against RJ199!

ESPN just said 35 points is the worst conference loss for VT since they joined the ACC. Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    ESPN just said 35 points is the worst conference loss for VT since they joined the ACC. Gobble Gobble Gobble!
    I hear the American conference is looking to replace Uconn

As with Grandma's christmas gifts after she got run over by a reindeer:

SEND THEM BACK!
    April 1

If you are a Duke fan in NorthernVA this beatdown of the gobblers is especially sweet

I have never much cared for Va Tech fans, but after an unbelievably unpleasant experience with some during the sweet sixteen game in DC last spring, I absolutely loathe them. Loved this beatdown! Great game! Go Duke!

Enjoy this tonight. Tomorrow, start getting ready for a big game with Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    Dayum we’ve really looked good tonight! Are we really this good or is VT really that bad?
    A good question, of course. The bit about how young VT's D was last year might suggest they would be okay this year as the first to second year leap should propel them. Once Duke's play calling shifted from the 3 yards and a cloud of dust up the middle to an open field attack, the Duke offense sure was dominant. I spent some downs watching the (true Freshman?) LT on Duke. Absolutely stonewalled the VT rusher every time I looked. It was not close, the LT was squared up and walling off his guy until the ball was out. Very impressive, although the caveat you raise, about the VT quality must be considered.

Hate to be negative, but if we didn’t have Bama and ND on the schedule there’s a chance we could go to a pretty elite bowl game. Instead we’ll be lucky to go 6-6.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Assuming Harris’s ankle is ok, the only bad news is that Brittain Brown was hurt again. Looked like he took a hit to his right shoulder, which I believe’s been the problem for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Great job to all of you who felt confident about a Duke win. This was a dismantling!
    I said it was a winnable game - does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Assuming Harris’s ankle is ok, the only bad news is that Brittain Brown was hurt again. Looked like he took a hit to his right shoulder, which I believe’s been the problem for a while.
    I wasn’t sure if it was his shoulder again or his neck, since they were called for a face-mask on the play.

Also, I just realized we are 2-0 against Va Tech today, since Henry Coleman committed to Duke and Tech was his other finalist. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Hate to be negative, but if we didn’t have Bama and ND on the schedule there’s a chance we could go to a pretty elite bowl game. Instead we’ll be lucky to go 6-6.
    that's a bit pessimistic, given we still have GT and UNC who are tossups at worst, and UVA cuse, wake and Pitt who aren't much better.

Miami and ND are the only 2 that I don't think we have a particularly good shot at.

I'd say 6-6 would be about the expected finish for this team at this point. We'll see what sagarin says after this weekend.
    April 1

Austin Parker was the star of special teams tonight, of course. And AJ Reed is quietly resurrecting his college career. It's early, but being able to count on Reed would be huge for us. Horace Blackwell is showing nice potential as a return man, too.

Keep it up, guys!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Eeyore, is that you? Chicken Little?

I'd say 'Bama was lucky to catch us early on. And Notre Dame hasn't scored a point against us yet, as far as I know. One at time, one at a time.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

We saw a football team play tonight. No, I don't want to play Alabama again this season. "But I can dream, can't I."