ACC Players of the Week; Jack and Koby

Congrats guys. Great job.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-30-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Can someone correct the spelling to Koby?

Thank you in advance.

Congratulations to both Blue Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by roge054 View Post
    Congrats guys. Great job.
    Players of the Week for Week Five:

OFFENSIVE LINEMAN – Jack Wohlabaugh, Duke, Jr., C, Akron, Ohio
    Wohlabaugh spearheaded a Duke offense that produced 45 points, 24 first downs and 422 total yards In Friday night’s 45-10 win at Virginia Tech • The Blue Devils committed zero turnovers, surrendered zero sacks and converted 7 of 14 third-down snaps • Wohlabaugh opened holes for a rushing attack that compiled 234 yards on 41 attempts (5.7 yards per rush) and three touchdowns while allowing just four total negative yards on the night • He also provided protection for a Duke passing game that completed 21 of 28 pass attempts (.750) for 188 yards and three touchdowns while not surrendering a sack for the third straight game.

LINEBACKER – Koby Quansah, Duke, Sr., LB, Manchester, Conn.
    Quansah had a game-high 13 tackles, a fumble recovery, a half-sack and a pass breakup in the Blue Devils’ 45-10 win at Virginia Tech • His fumble recovery in the second quarter led to Duke’s first touchdown, which jump-started a run of 31 unanswered points for the Blue Devils • He led a Duke defense that limited Virginia Tech to 259 yards of total offense after the Hokies entered the week averaging 27.7 points and 398.3 total yards per game • Virginia Tech went just 4 of 12 (.333) on third-down conversions after entering the week leading the ACC with a .522 third-down conversion rate • He helped stymie a Virginia Tech aerial game into 8 of 20 passing for 120 yards and only two completions of more than 10 yards.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I realize I’m not exactly unbiased, but I think Quentin’s out-performed the chosen quarterback(s) on more than one occasion. Hoping he can earn it and be recognized next Monday!!