Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    How about the field rush from UVA fans?

"Woooohoooo! We just beat an unranked team! Party time!!"
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Absolutely one of the most stupid, head scratching decisions I've ever seen...fourth and goal from the one, down seven, with five minutes left, and he goes for the FG? (said they needed two scores to win, oh dear me)..
    How many other opportunities did he think he'd get from the Penn State one yard line? Pitt fans must be dumbfounded...

Will Narduzzi coach as stupidly when he faces us in a few weeks? Doubtful...
    Indeed. Their dumb is founded, and our flabber is gasted. That was four poorly selected and badly executed plays. Yeesh.

And Franklin nearly gave the game back at the end. 3rd and 3, under 2 mins, Pitt with one timeout, Penn State throws for a bomb to ice the game, incomplete. If they just run it, Pitt burns their last time out, never makes it down the field, and the hail mary attempt at the end never happens.

(But at least Pitt covered!)
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Usually I'm lockstep with this thinking and am the first to say, "act like you've been there". That said, it's been a loooooooooooong time since we've "been there", and FSU is historically a "great program" (even though they look even more talented but clueless than in bball, which is saying something). Add into that the nature of the WAY the game ended and how pathetic our fanbase has been for about 10-15 years.... I like the field rush.

Let's just hope people show up for ODU next week.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Usually I'm lockstep with this thinking and am the first to say, "act like you've been there". That said, it's been a loooooooooooong time since we've "been there", and FSU is historically a "great program" (even though they look even more talented but clueless than in bball, which is saying something). Add into that the nature of the WAY the game ended and how pathetic our fanbase has been for about 10-15 years... I like the field rush.

I'll add that Duke might well have rushed the field for a home FSU win if FSU hadn't won a game in 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Fun fact: Ted Roof has more P5 non-conference road wins than Tom O'Brien and Dave Doeren combined (NCSU stints only).
    That is borderline unbelievable. Excellent trivia question.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    That is borderline unbelievable. Excellent trivia question.
    The shocking part is NCSU's schedule. NCSU is only 0-3 (OSU 2003, ND 2017, WVU 2019). Roof was 1-3 (TN 2003, AL 2006, ND 2007, NW 2007).

Usually I'm lockstep with this thinking and am the first to say, "act like you've been there". That said, it's been a loooooooooooong time since we've "been there", and FSU is historically a "great program" (even though they look even more talented but clueless than in bball, which is saying something). Add into that the nature of the WAY the game ended and how pathetic our fanbase has been for about 10-15 years... I like the field rush.

I'll add that Duke might well have rushed the field for a home FSU win if FSU hadn't won a game in 2 seasons.
    My freshman year (‘84-‘85) we rushed the field and tore down a goal post for beating Indiana. Both teams were featured in that year’s list of 20 worst teams by Playboy (yeah, I got it for the article), and I think we were coming off a 2-9 year or something like that. Uncle Terry was not happy. The remnants were set up in front of the ATO section on West.

Fun night, with a meaningless win over a really bad team. So, if someone wants to storm the field for beating FSU, even a down Seminole team, have fun and enjoy. It’s college.

I remember rushing the field when NC State beat Duke! Nov 12, 1994. It happened!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    My freshman year (‘84-‘85) we rushed the field and tore down a goal post for beating Indiana. Both teams were featured in that year’s list of 20 worst teams by Playboy (yeah, I got it for the article), and I think we were coming off a 2-9 year or something like that. Uncle Terry was not happy. The remnants were set up in front of the ATO section on West.

Fun night, with a meaningless win over a really bad team. So, if someone wants to storm the field for beating FSU, even a down Seminole team, have fun and enjoy. It’s college.
    You're misrepresenting yourself as OldPhiKap; barely out of diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    You're misrepresenting yourself as OldPhiKap; barely out of diapers.
    Well, I was redshirted in high school a couple dozen times.

Fair enough, but I find it more than a tad ironic to do this now, especially since it was UVA that handed the then quite dominant FSU program its first ACC loss back in 1995.

Being real about fan support, it would take at least 3 games at Wallace Wade to amass 57k to 'storm the field'

Quote Originally Posted by BobBender View Post
    Being real about fan support, it would take at least 3 games at Wallace Wade to amass 57k to 'storm the field'
    Well, did all 57K storm in Charlottesville, or just the students?

Also, we normally get 40K to WW at least once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Well, did all 57K storm in Charlottesville, or just the students?

Also, we normally get 40K to WW at least once a year.
    Yea, and we *usually* lose that one.

<ducks>
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

The only recent times that Duke fans have been on the field after a victory is against Carolina, our rival.
    Last I checked, FSU is not UVA's rival, and only one team on that field was ranked. I will happily make fun of that optic.

Duke was still the perennial "top 20 worst" team when we played and beat JMU in a 31-7 beatdown in Coach Cutcliffe's first game. There was an announced crowd of over 32,000, and from the stands, it looked it.
    Coach Cut implored everyone to not rush the field, to not touch the goal posts. To be fair, everyone in the stands was dying to do just that...years of pent up losing frustration was about to be unleashed in victory. In more or less words, he said "Let's wait for the right time'.
    If your team is expected to win (and UVA was), it's pretty funny to see the field rush over a weaker opponent, no matter the history of the team you are playing.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yea, and we *usually* lose that one.

<ducks>
    ...don't forget, about 15 of those 40 are for the other team too (ducks as well)

I say we compete for the division title this year. Starting with beating Virginia Tech, who has looked awful so far this season.