Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Competing brands could just start putting gold tabs on all uniforms to devalue the prestige of that.

Overall, I am generally happy with the uniforms. I am a traditionalist who became a Duke fan in the 80s so the closer we are to those uniforms, the better (though no need to revert to short shorts).
    Seems like that would just look/be perceived as tacky on the part of whatever schools ended up with that. Not sure it would actually devalue anything.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilYouKnow View Post
    A little reminiscent of the '94-'95 unis.

So, a tad worried.
    How? There’s no “shoulder pads” on this, looks like almost any other year.

The internet sleuths are at it again. A Nike Instagram account posted a picture of a Duke uniform that you can purchase, which largely or completely resembles the one that Duke wore at the PK80 tournament in 2017-18. Might this be a sneak-peak at one of the Final 4 designs we will see this year?

Duke basketball twitter put out a graphic on the new uniforms and also a suggestion that Duke may have up to six different uniforms this season, with some clues ahead of future reveals.

I loathe it. A lot. Too monochrome except for the dreaded scourge of black. The chevron side panels look like a Mario-Kart accelerator.
    To reiterate, I hate this greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I loathe it. A lot. Too monochrome except for the dreaded scourge of black. The chevron side panels look like a Mario-Kart accelerator.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by duke96 View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Me, too. Didn't see any need to mess with perfection.

http://bluedevilnation.net/wordpress...grant-hill.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/sneakerhistory.com...size=560%2C670

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    I'm in full agreement that the early '90s unis were the pinnacle of Blue Devil style.
    Especially in the OAD, we're all (increasingly) just rooting for laundry, so what happens when I hate the laundry with growing frequency?

I don't know if I would use the word "hate" but I DO strongly dislike this uniform. I agree - way too monochrome (and boring) and the "Duke blue" seems to be slightly off shade to me (but it may be the photo?). I would definitely vote for the early 90's uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    I don't know if I would use the word "hate" but I DO strongly dislike this uniform. I agree - way too monochrome (and boring) and the "Duke blue" seems to be slightly off shade to me (but it may be the photo?). I would definitely vote for the early 90's uniforms.
    It's main redeeming quality is to make us appreciate the old school look...back when Duke blue was, well, Duke blue, and back when none of the Cheats uniforms were darker than any of our uniforms...AND GET OFF MY LAWN too!

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    so it's not just my browser that made the uniforms at the blue-white game look a bit off color--more a of slate blue shading--than before?

But, but, but, but... Mario Kart accelerators rule!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The internet sleuths are at it again. A Nike Instagram account posted a picture of a Duke uniform that you can purchase, which largely or completely resembles the one that Duke wore at the PK80 tournament in 2017-18. Might this be a sneak-peak at one of the Final 4 designs we will see this year?

I doubt the this is an actual Duke uniform for this year, as it just looks like a Nike catalog team builder template, based mostly off of the PK80 uniform. But you never know.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    I doubt the this is an actual Duke uniform for this year, as it just looks like a Nike catalog team builder template, based mostly off of the PK80 uniform. But you never know.
    It looks almost exactly like the PK80 uniform with some slight differences. As far as I can tell, the main differences are that the slit in the shorts moved to the side and it lacks the usual American flag/ACC crest on the left collar.

I would like this better if the chevrons and Nike swoosh were white instead of black. Maybe it was just an errant post by Nike, selling a jersey from 2 seasons ago.

New uniform with gold trim. Not a huge fan...

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1...016756736?s=20 Duke Basketball (@DukeMBB) Tweeted:
    Because Coach K made Duke Blue the Gold Standard

#TheDukeReveal (3/6) 🐐🔵👿 https://t.co/ZeFfTHW3Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Blue Devil View Post
    New uniform with gold trim. Not a huge fan...

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1...016756736?s=20 Duke Basketball (@DukeMBB) Tweeted:
    Because Coach K made Duke Blue the Gold Standard

#TheDukeReveal (3/6) 🐐🔵👿 https://t.co/ZeFfTHW3Ty
    Which is why it's called 24K gold...

Amirite?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Ugh. Gaudy and unnecessary.
    Our school colors are blue and white, full stop. No gold, no black, no grey or putty or concrete or whatever that stuff is called.
    Just ugh.

I'm definitely not a fan of these jersey reveals themselves. I get the slick social media videos look cool, but it's like they go out of their way to make it impossible to get a look at what the actual jersey itself looks like.

I'm guessing we see these debuted tonight? If so, I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll look good in actual basketball use.

Please bring back the traditional all grey uniform...

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Please bring back the traditional all grey uniform...
    Shirts and Skins, GoDuke!