Love me some DBR commentary, but I was sorta left scratching my head at this article.

It makes a very good point in this line:

it’s a good argument for not coming out until the demand for your services is high and you are certain to be well paid.
I could not agree more. But that line is not a cautionary tale for Bol Bol because, as the DBR pointed out earlier in the article...

When he declared for the draft, the former Oregon Beaver was seen as a fringe lottery pick. Certainly a first round pick at worst. So sliding into the second round was a major surprise.
It would seem that Bol Bol did declare at a time when his value was high and he seemed to be "certainly a first round pick at worst."

Anyway, I find Bol Bol's slide to be really shocking, not because I am so sure he will be able to make his body into one that will withstand playing in the league but because I think there is a chance he will do that and if he does, he could be an extremely valuable player as a rim protector who can bomb 3s as well as any big man in the league (dude was hitting more than 50% of his threes for Oregon when he got hurt last season).

-Jason "I just don't get why a league that drafts so much on potential was so afraid of this kid" Evans