Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rtnorthrup View Post
    Im a little bit upset about the TV coverage of Duke games this season. I thought that having a dedicated ACC Network would make it easier to watch Duke Football not more difficult.
    If you're taking about the A&T game, I understand. If you're talking about this week, it's apples and social-media platforms. MTSU as the non-conference home team is in charge, meaning this game is subject to their and CUSA's (terrible) TV deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    If you're taking about the A&T game, I understand. If you're talking about this week, it's apples and social-media platforms. MTSU as the non-conference home team is in charge, meaning this game is subject to their and CUSA's (terrible) TV deal.
    good explanation. Being on Faceplant is something of a new low, but hey, maybe i'll actually be able to see the game...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    good explanation. Being on Faceplant is something of a new low, but hey, maybe i'll actually be able to see the game...
    Yea, I hear ya. I'm going to have Mrs. dd sign on tomorrow night and watch it on her dime.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Yes, sorry, specifically the NCAT game.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    The schedule is on https://watchstadium.com/schedule/
    On the actual channel and app it doesn't seem to show future events.

I found Stadium by searching at the main menu level for Stadium and it then gave me a link to find it inside the Roku Channel. I couldn't find it under the channel search by itself. When I did navigate to it inside Roku channel, I saw one live channel which was showing a slideshow of future programs, but not specific games. Presumably, when you go on Saturday, you will see specific games as the watchstadium schedule shows multiple games at once, but who knows.

The other thing I found on Roku is a CUSA.TV channel. That shows future games of CUSA schools, but only goes through Friday right now. Possibly tomorrow it will have the Saturday games listed. I will check in the morning.

It's there at that link now. If you click on the specific game, it will send you to this Facebook link for CUSA's page.

https://www.facebook.com/LiveCUSA/vi...2650637806864/
    On the Roku TV front, the game shows up on the CUSA.TV channel, but for audio only. The Stadium channel inside the Roku channel looks like it doesn't show games whenever I try to go to it.

What I was able to get going was to use the iWebTv app on my phone and link that to my Roku TV. This let me play videos from the watchstadium website.

Five things I desire to see today:

1. A Duke victory - when everything is said and done the most important outcome is getting win number two in the books.

2. No injuries - this team needs to head into the bye week without anymore significant injuries and heal the existing bumps and bruises before the critical ACC schedule commences. Our Blue Devils need to win two of the first three conference games: Virginia Tech, Pitt and Georgia Tech.

3. Defense dominates - with the amount of experienced players on the defensive side of the ball this team needs to develop a "defense first" identity. I firmly believe it will be the defense that leads Duke to victories this season by limiting the opponent's scoring. Low scoring games favor our Blue Devils. MTSU has a high powered offense reputation so it is imperative our defense sets the tone early and shuts the Blue Raiders down.

4. Special teams are special - Coach Cutcliffe has repeatedly stated the team must perform in all three phases of the game. Our kick coverage has looked very good early while the return guys have shown potential. Michael Carter is averaging 22.3 yards per kick return and Josh Blackwell returned a punt 26 yards last week against NC A&T. It is time for the special teams to make game changing plays either with explosive returns or the coverage team creating turnovers.

5. Offense is balanced - for the team to be successful, we must run and pass the ball. One can get into a chicken or egg debate on whether you run to set up the pass or pass to set up the run but the bottom line is championship teams can do both. Success was achieved against NC A&T by passing for 364 yards and rushing for 210. Now Duke needs to show they can perform like that against a FBS opponent.
    Bob Green

GAME DAY.

Let's Go Devils! Kick some MTSU butt!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Facebook...Disney Channel...HGTV? Whatever it takes to watch the Blue Devils play I'm in.

Let's go Duke! Play smart...play tough (on both sides of the ball) and let's leave Tennessee with a 2-1 record.

We shouldn’t be playing on the road to a CUSA team in Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    We shouldn’t be playing on the road to a CUSA team in Tennessee.
    At least not one with zero history and not in a recruiting hotbed (I don’t mind us playing at Rice, but that would be it for CUSA for me).

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    GAME DAY.

Let's Go Devils! Kick some MTSU butt!
    It’s going to be a hot one. It’s 10:30 in Nashville, already 84 degrees. Hope our conditioning shines through.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Well at least there won't be a reason to complain about your cable provider.

I believe TV rights are controlled by whatever deals the home team and/or the home team's conference have made.

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/col...ok/1287983001/

You do not have to have an account on Facebook to view it.

It will be on this Facebook page on Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/watchstadium/
    Seems I DO need a Facebook account...ack.

Bad news. Brittain Brown did not travel with the team. Shoulder injury.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Five out-of-conference ACC games today so far, four losses … I expect Cutcliffe is or will be making a very pointed reference to this to the team before the game.

Bad news. Brittain Brown did not travel with the team. Shoulder injury.
    That is unfortunate. It appears Brown will struggle to stay healthy again this season. Mataeo Durant needs to be ready to go.
    Bob Green

At least not one with zero history and not in a recruiting hotbed (I don’t mind us playing at Rice, but that would be it for CUSA for me).
    Just so they don't play Rice this time of the year on the road. Current Houston temp 97 degrees.

BoBo made the trip, but frankly I hope he doesn't play.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

BoBo made the trip, but frankly I hope he doesn't play.
    How about freshmen running backs Jaylen Coleman and Jordan Waters? Who will be RB #3 in the rotation today?
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    That is unfortunate. It appears Brown will struggle to stay healthy again this season. Mataeo Durant needs to be ready to go.
    Brown has had a nagging shoulder injury much of the season. He practices some, he sits out some. I guess with the open date coming up Duke decided to see if two weeks off will do the trick. Durant has played well. Will be interesting to see if Duke sticks with just Jackson and Durant or if they go deeper into the depth chart, likely true freshman Jaylen Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Brown has had a nagging shoulder injury much of the season. He practices some, he sits out some. I guess with the open date coming up Duke decided to see if two weeks off will do the trick. Durant has played well. Will be interesting to see if Duke sticks with just Jackson and Durant or if they go deeper into the depth chart, likely true freshman Jaylen Coleman.
    Thanks, Jim. Coleman looked good running the ball in the 4th quarter last week so I'd like to see him get some more touches.
    Bob Green