Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 267
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Anyone expecting this to be an easy blowout will probably be mistaken. MTSU looked like a legitimate, solid football team against my Wolverines two weeks ago (although, how much of that was due to Michigan's early season woes, especially after the Army debacle, is up for debate). Their QB was hard to take down and made plenty of tough plays, so I expect them to score on us. But Michigan eventually tore up the MTSU defense through the air, so we'll have to see the Quentin Harris of this past week, as opposed to Week 1, for this to be the victory we need it to be.
    FCS Tennessee State also scored 26 on them, I believe. It's video game offense week.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Sagarin has Duke at #47 and MTSU at #97:

    https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

    Scoring stats:

    Scoring Offense: MTSU #57 (33 points per game) / Duke #87 (24 points per game)

    Scoring Defense: Duke #82 (27.5 points per game) / MTSU #108 (33 points per game)

    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    FCS Tennessee State also scored 26 on them, I believe. It's video game offense week.
    Michigan also ran for 224 yards (5.0 ypc) against them, compared to 108 (2.6 ypc) against Army, which suggests that we should be able to move the ball on the ground as well as through the air against MTSU.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    That article is confused and contradicts itself. This game will be on Facebook/Stadium. It will not be on ESPN3 or any ESPN affiliated service unless something changes, which I do not expect it to.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Sagarin has Duke at #47 and MTSU at #97:

    https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
    Sagarin at this early stage is amusing.

    We are right ahead of Georgia at #46.

    Go Duke!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The Duke at MTSU game is not listed in the WatchESPN.com upcoming schedule. There are a lot of games listed as available on ESPN3 but ours is not one of them so I'm not convinced the "streamed on ESPN3" information is accurate.

    http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?...&type=upcoming
    The GoDuke schedule does not list ESPN3 either.
    https://goduke.com/schedule.aspx?path=football
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  7. #27

    ACC spreads this week

    Mia (-41) over Bethune-Cookman
    GT (-34) over Citadel
    CU (-27) at Syracuse
    BC (-21.5) over KS
    VT (-21.5) over Furman
    L'ville (-9) over WKy
    UVa (-7.5) over FSU
    NCSU (-7) at WVU
    Duke (-6) at MTSU
    WFU (-3) over UNC
    ----------------------------
    UNC (+3) at WFU
    FSU (+7.5) at UVa
    Pitt (+17) at PSU
    Syracuse (+27) to CU

    spreads from cbssports.com except L'ville from vegasinsider.com

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    This game will be on Facebook
    So, it will be interspersed with political diatribes, bad jokes, and shots of the offspring of folks I only vaguely remember?
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of Travis County
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I don't think Duke would go at 5-7, thus I'll stick with 7.
    We absolutely should go, if we can. And based on the value Cut places on the extra practice, I absolutely believe we would.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    We absolutely should go, if we can. And based on the value Cut places on the extra practice, I absolutely believe we would.
    I will concede the point on extra practice, and Cut does indeed value it. That said, it would be embarrassing and I think not improve the trajectory of the program. It's better to be forgotten in December with basketball heating up rather than remind the nation you went maybe 5-8.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ... remind the nation...

    Lol. 95% of the bowl games remind me of exactly nothing. I doubt they're reminding the nation of much...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    So, it will be interspersed with political diatribes, bad jokes, and shots of the offspring of folks I only vaguely remember?
    Don't forget pictures of meals people are eating.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Walnut Creek, California
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    That article is confused and contradicts itself. This game will be on Facebook/Stadium. It will not be on ESPN3 or any ESPN affiliated service unless something changes, which I do not expect it to.
    What do you mean, Facebook/Stadium? I don't subscribe to Facebook (Yeah, I know I'm one of the very few). But I do have a Roku device and I found first, the Roku channel and then, Stadium (via a search), so I think I can get that channel on Saturday. But if a Facebook pass is required, then what?

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Walnut Creek, California
    After further review, I looked at the watchstadium.com schedule for Sept. 14 and failed to find that Stadium will carry the MTSU-Duke football game.

    Here's a link: https://watchstadium.com/schedule/

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    After further review, I looked at the watchstadium.com schedule for Sept. 14 and failed to find that Stadium will carry the MTSU-Duke football game.

    Here's a link: https://watchstadium.com/schedule/
    That is interesting. The MTSU official website states tv coverage will be provided by Facebook but that schedule muddies the waters.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  16. #36
    Does anyone know of a bar in Durham that will put this Facebook game up on a large screen TV?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Well at least there won't be a reason to complain about your cable provider.

    I believe TV rights are controlled by whatever deals the home team and/or the home team's conference have made.

    https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/col...ok/1287983001/

    You do not have to have an account on Facebook to view it.

    It will be on this Facebook page on Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/watchstadium/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    What do you mean, Facebook/Stadium? I don't subscribe to Facebook (Yeah, I know I'm one of the very few). But I do have a Roku device and I found first, the Roku channel and then, Stadium (via a search), so I think I can get that channel on Saturday. But if a Facebook pass is required, then what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    After further review, I looked at the watchstadium.com schedule for Sept. 14 and failed to find that Stadium will carry the MTSU-Duke football game.

    Here's a link: https://watchstadium.com/schedule/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    That is interesting. The MTSU official website states tv coverage will be provided by Facebook but that schedule muddies the waters.
    I trust BigWayne. Just go to the Facebook link he provided in post #1 and try that.

    Might this be as simple as Facebook has the rights to this game -- so, your eyeballs need to go to Facebook? And then perhaps Facebook is using the watchstadium entity as a contractor to deliver the content? So, you cannot go directly to watchstadium -- you gotta go to Facebook.

    Jim, I'm not on Facebook either but was heartened to see Wayne's message that I do not have to join it to view it. Facebook will have my eyeballs and they can show me ads to the side I'm guessing on Saturday night and it'll be a peaceful enough co-existence.

    ... and if this works the way Facebook is hoping, by this time next week, perhaps we'll all be seeing photos of OPK's nameless-to-us children and judging what DukieInKansas is eating.
    Last edited by Reilly; 09-10-2019 at 06:00 AM.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I trust BigWayne. Just go to the Facebook link he provided in post #1 and try that.

    Might this be as simple as Facebook has the rights to this game -- so, your eyeballs need to go to Facebook? And then perhaps Facebook is using the watchstadium entity as a contractor to deliver the content? So, you cannot go directly to watchstadium -- you gotta go to Facebook.

    Jim, I'm not on Facebook either but was heartened to see Wayne's message that I do not have to join it to view it. Facebook will have my eyeballs and they can show me ads to the side I'm guessing on Saturday night and it'll be a peaceful enough co-existence.

    ... and if this works the way Facebook is hoping, by this time next week, perhaps we'll all be seeing photos of OPK's nameless-to-us children and judging what DukieInKansas is eating.
    If itís on Facebook, can we all swipe left every time we do a bubble pass? Or am I mixing up my social media platforms?
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If itís on Facebook, can we all swipe left every time we do a bubble pass? Or am I mixing up my social media platforms?
    You swipe left for a Bumble pass.

    If that sentence made no sense to you, congrats on your happy marriage.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    I am on Facebook and I have downloaded the Facebook app on my Amazon Firestick. It had me sign on from my phone, which I did. I found all sorts of highlights from last week's games, including Duke highlights, but did not find a schedule of upcoming games to search. Can anyone provide some insight on how I can do this? Or do I have to wait until Saturday at (near) 7:00 pm for it to show up? LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-28-2019, 03:45 PM
  2. Belmont vs MTSU
    By DukieInBrasil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 09:04 PM
  3. Facebook and Duke Players
    By lilblue in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 11:35 PM
  4. RE: ESPN's Latest Wanker
    By efudd in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •