Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Yes, and I would add that a lot of times their "sideline reporter" was spending a lot of time in social media blather instead of actual sideline reporting. I'm happy FB is doing this, but it's like they thought this was about them, and not about the game.
    It’s all about the money $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    It’s all about the money $$$
    I get that, but I think they missed on this.

So the complaint is that a game sponsored by Facebook was using normal commercial time to instead use their platform to include fan interaction??? Just making sure I have it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    So the complaint is that a game sponsored by Facebook was using normal commercial time to instead use their platform to include fan interaction??? Just making sure I have it right.
    They were also using normal sideline game color time as well...that was my point...not the commercial time. And it wasn't really a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    I would view the Facebook commercial breaks as being better than regular commercials. The going on about hashtags and such was annoying, but not as much as regular commercials. The upside was that it was different each time at least. Unlike the commercial breaks on ESPN streamed games or the ACCN where they seem to run the same three ads over and over.

The downside was that you had to watch it live and couldn't skip through the commercials like I can when it's on a broadcast channel.

As an aside, the Stadium channel inside the Roku channel is just schizophrenic. Before the Duke game was on, they had Louisville/WKU on and the announcer even referred to the Duke game coming on later. So LOU/WKU runs over, but when it finally finishes I'm checking it for the Duke game and they put on a couple of guys doing a sports talk show. I checked back again a while later and they are showing a replay of the GT/Clemson game from a couple weeks ago, which was an ACCN game originally. Screwy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    I would view the Facebook commercial breaks as being better than regular commercials. The going on about hashtags and such was annoying, but not as much as regular commercials. The upside was that it was different each time at least. Unlike the commercial breaks on ESPN streamed games or the ACCN where they seem to run the same three ads over and over.

The downside was that you had to watch it live and couldn't skip through the commercials like I can when it's on a broadcast channel.

As an aside, the Stadium channel inside the Roku channel is just schizophrenic. Before the Duke game was on, they had Louisville/WKU on and the announcer even referred to the Duke game coming on later. So LOU/WKU runs over, but when it finally finishes I'm checking it for the Duke game and they put on a couple of guys doing a sports talk show. I checked back again a while later and they are showing a replay of the GT/Clemson game from a couple weeks ago, which was an ACCN game originally. Screwy.
    The Louisville-WKU game was on Spectrum TV. That's an ACC-CUSA game. But the Duke-MTSU game was never scheduled to be on Spectrum and Stadium followed with a talk show, the same as you saw, I suspect.

Most curious.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    They were also using normal sideline game color time as well...that was my point...not the commercial time. And it wasn't really a complaint.
    Yes, this. Although I said announcers, the sideline reporting was most annoying. You could see the sideline from time to time, but there was precious little reporting concerning the game (at least until I quickly switched channels). I know Facebook was promoting Facebook, but if I have another viewing option during that time I will click to it.