Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Coach Cutcliffe post game: https://goduke.com/index.aspx?path=football

Quotes: https://goduke.com/documents/2019/9/...tingQuotes.pdf

Coach Cutcliffe has especially nice comments on QB Quentin Harris and WR Aaron Young who both had monster games. Duke has a lot of young talent on this team but the two redshirt seniors provided leadership and led the effort in Murfreesboro.

Jim Sumner recap on DBR front page:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...ennessee-state

Duke did a little of everything, long passes, short passes, options, smash mouth, even an onside kick.
    EDIT: YouTube highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9d7KsTbcgQ
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-15-2019 at 07:06 AM. Reason: add highlights video clip
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Still have concerns with our secondary. Otherwise, very strong game for the Devils.
    yes, solid game, but not sure what the DBs were up to...their receivers were guarded as closely as a Saudi oil refinery.
    On to Va Tech...

Is it just me, or does Deon look slower than last year. After reading all about his workout regimen and leaning up a bit, I would not have expected this. Am I missing something?

Can we give some love to Coach Trooper Taylor? Our WRs have gone from a question mark to one of the strongest position groups on the team. He has remade Aaron Young, or rather at least lit the fire in the young man. And frankly this is the most aggressive group of WRs I can remember at Duke in a long, long time. Weird as it is to say, we haven't missed a step with Bobo injured.

Also major shout-out to the oft criticized Kurt Roper. This is not Daniel Jones's offense. Roper and Cut built Quentin Harris his own offense to take advantage of what he does well. The decision to go to the option in the second half to take the air out of the game after MTSU scored was brilliant, and wonderfully executed by the team.

Yes, there are still some things to correct and work on, but wow, that was a heck of a football game by Duke, on the road against an obvious banana skin opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by rtnorthrup View Post
    Can we give some love to Coach Trooper Taylor? Our WRs have gone from a question mark to one of the strongest position groups on the team.
    Wide receiver definitely looks like a position of strength at this point. Hopefully it continues against ACC opponents. And while we are giving out attaboys, I hope everyone noticed Scott Bracey blocking out in front of Jalon Calhoun on his touchdown reception. One thing which was said in the off season was Coach Trooper Taylor was going to demand his wide receivers block if they desired to play. Bracey was definitely blocking.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Wide receiver definitely looks like a position of strength at this point. Hopefully it continues against ACC opponents. And while we are giving out attaboys, I hope everyone noticed Scott Bracey blocking out in front of Jalon Calhoun on his touchdown reception. One thing which was said in the off season was Coach Trooper Taylor was going to demand his wide receivers block if they desired to play. Bracey was definitely blocking.
    I noticed Bracey on that play, and noticed in the endzone he was flexing in a very intense celebration....I was thrilled with both receivers on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by rtnorthrup View Post
    Can we give some love to Coach Trooper Taylor? Our WRs have gone from a question mark to one of the strongest position groups on the team. He has remade Aaron Young, or rather at least lit the fire in the young man. And frankly this is the most aggressive group of WRs I can remember at Duke in a long, long time. Weird as it is to say, we haven't missed a step with Bobo injured.

Also major shout-out to the oft criticized Kurt Roper. This is not Daniel Jones's offense. Roper and Cut built Quentin Harris his own offense to take advantage of what he does well. The decision to go to the option in the second half to take the air out of the game after MTSU scored was brilliant, and wonderfully executed by the team.

Yes, there are still some things to correct and work on, but wow, that was a heck of a football game by Duke, on the road against an obvious banana skin opponent.
    I concur with much of what you say!
    FYI Kurt Roper is now the QB coach at NC State. His brother Zac is the OC for Duke.

Quick, for S&Gs, without looking, who has the 2nd highest QBR in the ACC after yesterday's games? You're going to be surprised :

http://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr

Yea, yea, small sample size and/or better rating systems and all that stuff, but, that's why I said for S&Gs.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Quick, for S&Gs, without looking, who has the 2nd highest QBR in the ACC after yesterday's games? You're going to be surprised :

Yea, yea, small sample size and/or better rating systems and all that stuff, but, that's why I said for S&Gs.
    Dear devildeac-

While I did look and you can choose to hold a grievance against me, your statement is in error.

As I check the link, our very own QH is the top rated ACC QB at present.

I have the honour to be your obedient servant,

A.Fuse

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Dear devildeac-

While I did look and you can choose to hold a grievance against me, your statement is in error.

A.Fuse
    I think ol devildeac was snookering you just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I think ol devildeac was snookering you just a bit.
    Yep, ol devildeac was communicating you're going to be surprised Heisman Trophy candidate Trevor Lawrence is #2.
    Bob Green

Methinks my own poor sense of humour a la Hamilton may have been misconstrued...🙄😀😂

Dear devildeac-

A.Fuse
    Dear fuse:

My question was intentionally and carefully (and perhaps a bit deceptively) phrased as to "who has the 2nd highest QBR in the ACC after yesterday's games? You're going to be surprised "

(because I was most certainly surprised after reviewing the list and saw Trevor Lawrence had the 2nd highest QBR in the ACC and our own Quentin Harris was indeed first)

"I can't apologize because it's true.

Then stand," fuse.

Bottle Revolution. 1700 hours. Tuesday.

Beers. Poured.

Are you on?

"I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A dot" devildeac

Edit: I see CameronBlue and Bob Green have already seen through my ruse. Still, funny stuff.

Dear fuse:

My question was intentionally and carefully (and perhaps a bit deceptively) phrased as to "who has the 2nd highest QBR in the ACC after yesterday's games? You're going to be surprised "

(because I was most certainly surprised after reviewing the list and saw Trevor Lawrence had the 2nd highest QBR in the ACC and our own Quentin Harris was indeed first)

"I can't apologize because it's true.

Then stand," fuse.

Bottle Revolution. 1700 hours. Tuesday.

Beers. Poured.

Are you on?

"I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A dot" devildeac

Edit: I see CameronBlue and Bob Green have already seen through my ruse. Still, funny stuff.
    Y’all are too clever for me; the lens through which I was looking was expecting surprise to see QH at 2 before looking at the list and seeing how abysmal ACC quarterbacking is on the whole this season to date. QH at 1 is a pleasant surprise.

Hope it continues for the rest of the season.

As for the throwing of the Bottle Revolution gauntlet Tuesday at 1700, not sure I can make that.

A.fuse

Y’all are too clever for me; the lens through which I was looking was expecting surprise to see QH at 2 before looking at the list and seeing how abysmal ACC quarterbacking is on the whole this season to date. QH at 1 is a pleasant surprise.

Hope it continues for the rest of the season.

As for the throwing of the Bottle Revolution gauntlet Tuesday at 1700, not sure I can make that.

A.fuse
    Not a problem. But, it is closer than Weehawken and later, too. Not too mention safer...

"Why do you drink like you're running out of beer?"

(apologies)

If QH keeps playing like this, he *might* need his own thread.

"Why quarterback Quentin Harris is among the best David Cutcliffe has coached at Duke"

In this morning's Raleigh N&O:

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...235087162.html

"Having earned the freedom to call his own audibles, Harris completed his first 12 passes on the way to a night where he had more touchdown passes (four) than incomplete passes (three)."

(Oooh, I could actually copy/paste something today. )

Let's see how we fare in the crucial stretch coming up (Va Tech, Pitt, GT) before the foundations are poured for the monuments. But so far, so good...

Speaking of Facebook...

The announcers generally spent normal commercial time showing Facebook picture uploads. I used that time to check out other football games on other "channels."

I do that anyway, but my remote trigger finger was a bit quicker on the Facebook channel.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Speaking of Facebook...

The announcers generally spent normal commercial time showing Facebook picture uploads. I used that time to check out other football games on other "channels."

I do that anyway, but my remote trigger finger was a bit quicker on the Facebook channel.
    Yes, and I would add that a lot of times their "sideline reporter" was spending a lot of time in social media blather instead of actual sideline reporting. I'm happy FB is doing this, but it's like they thought this was about them, and not about the game.