Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

FB: Duke @ MTSU 9/14 7PM on Facebook

Well at least there won't be a reason to complain about your cable provider.

I believe TV rights are controlled by whatever deals the home team and/or the home team's conference have made.

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/col...ok/1287983001/

You do not have to have an account on Facebook to view it.

It will be on this Facebook page on Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/watchstadium/
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-09-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Well at least there won't be a reason to complain about your cable provider.

I believe TV rights are controlled by whatever deals the home team and/or the home team's conference have made.

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/col...ok/1287983001/

You do not have to have an account on Facebook to view it.

It will be on this Facebook page on Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/watchstadium/
    It also said Duke would be streamed on ESPN3. Gold star for anyone who knows what the heck that means these days.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

I saw where MTSU is doing a "black out" for the game -- wonder if that means we'll go with all-whites again. I'd like to see Duke in all-white, at night, while the other team and fanbase is wearing all-black.

MTSU also has its beer garden so there needs to be cross-posting with "Ymm, Beer".

I saw a line on vegasinsider.com that had Duke favored by 7.

MTSU's coach was coaching for Clemson in 1989 -- hah!

And Tommy West is MTSU's DL coach.

And Grantland Rice was born in Murfreesboro.

That's all the random facts I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Duke's bowl hopes will be doomed if we lose...

I saw where MTSU is doing a "black out" for the game -- wonder if that means we'll go with all-whites again. I'd like to see Duke in all-white, at night, while the other team and fanbase is wearing all-black.

MTSU also has its beer garden so there needs to be cross-posting with "Ymm, Beer".

I saw a line on vegasinsider.com that had Duke favored by 7.

MTSU's coach was coaching for Clemson in 1989 -- hah!

And Tommy West is MTSU's DL coach.

And Grantland Rice was born in Murfreesboro.

Johnny "Red" Floyd Stadium at MTSU is named after the father of my grad school roommate at Rice. Red Floyd was football and basketball coach there.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Duke's bowl hopes will be doomed if we lose...
    No they won't. They'll be lessened, of course, as every loss makes them. But we'd 'only' have to win 5 of 7 of this not-so-murderers' row: VT/Pitt/UVA/UNC/WFU/Syracuse/GT.

No they won't. They'll be lessened, of course, as every loss makes them. But we'd 'only' have to win 5 of 7 of this not-so-murderers' row: VT/Pitt/UVA/UNC/WFU/Syracuse/GT.
    I was kinda being funny, rhetorical, in context of the post I was referring to. I was not doing a technical mathematical equation. Obviously bowl hops are not DOOMED literally until we lose 7.

Gene Delle Donne came to Duke as a QB and ended up at MTSU playing TE. His sister is in the news for finishing the WNBA season shooting 50% from the field, 40% from 3, and 90% from the line:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    For those going to the game, they have a “clear bag” policy similar to the dome in Atlanta. At least you can bring in a bag!

Gene Delle Donne came to Duke as a QB and ended up at MTSU playing TE. His sister is in the news for finishing the WNBA season shooting 50% from the field, 40% from 3, and 90% from the line:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral
    Yep. And as someone said at the time, he was "One and Delle Donne."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Obviously bowl hops are not DOOMED literally until we lose 7.
    Shouldn't this be in the beer thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the beer thread?
    Thanks. We always appreciate the publicity/advertising/references.

Hops could also be discussed in any of the recruiting threads, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

For those interested in Civil War history, a couple of major battles were fought in the neighborhood.

If you are not interested in Civil War history, a couple of major battles were fought in the neighborhood.

But you wouldn't be interested.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 09-09-2019 at 09:54 PM. Reason: fixed a typo for Jim

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Anyone expecting this to be an easy blowout will probably be mistaken. MTSU looked like a legitimate, solid football team against my Wolverines two weeks ago (although, how much of that was due to Michigan's early season woes, especially after the Army debacle, is up for debate). Their QB was hard to take down and made plenty of tough plays, so I expect them to score on us. But Michigan eventually tore up the MTSU defense through the air, so we'll have to see the Quentin Harris of this past week, as opposed to Week 1, for this to be the victory we need it to be.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I think they'll be lessened quite a bit...UVA is simply better than us now (that could change), and unc is going to be much better than a Fedora coached team...I think we pretty much need to win three of the next four...
    One game at a time as they say...

one more thing: with the game on Facebook, Vladamir, if you're listening, I sure would appreciate more Blue Devil points and fewer MTSU points...thank you, Buddy
    Last edited by budwom; 09-09-2019 at 01:31 PM.

I was kinda being funny, rhetorical, in context of the post I was referring to. I was not doing a technical mathematical equation. Obviously bowl hops are not DOOMED literally until we lose 7.
    Actually, 8.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Actually, 8.
    I don't think Duke would go at 5-7, thus I'll stick with 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    It also said Duke would be streamed on ESPN3.
    The Duke at MTSU game is not listed in the WatchESPN.com upcoming schedule. There are a lot of games listed as available on ESPN3 but ours is not one of them so I'm not convinced the "streamed on ESPN3" information is accurate.

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?...&type=upcoming
    Bob Green

On Facebook??? Unbelievable smh

I believe that Stadium is a free streaming app on Roku, but I have never had reason to try it.