Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You wouldn’t believe the sour grapes filling my social media platforms.

Actually, we would all believe it. Because Dawgs.
    Georgia is like South Carolina. Always about to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    That was definitely true before Kirby arrived. Mark Richt could never win the big one.

I don’t think that’s true now. The last 2 years have proven they are going to be in the national conversation year in and year out, IMO. Their recruiting is off the charts. Even if Kirby proves to be a mediocre in-game coach, which I personally think he has been so far, I still think they’ll be in the conversation.

But I didn’t watch their game today because, well Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    That was definitely true before Kirby arrived. Mark Richt could never win the big one.

I don’t think that’s true now. The last 2 years have proven they are going to be in the national conversation year in and year out, IMO. Their recruiting is off the charts. Even if Kirby proves to be a mediocre in-game coach, which I personally think he has been so far, I still think they’ll be in the conversation.
    This post is spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    As someone with deep Gamecock ties, as well as even deeper Duke ties, I wish that were true. The Cocks have rarely been able to equal or surpass the Dawgs...and it's one of those border state rivalries that's far more passionate than most outside the area realize.

Yesterday, the Gamecock D made Fromm look mediocre. Or maybe Fromm did that to himself. Amazing win from SC perspective...head scratching thud from UGa perspective, lose to a SC team with 3rd string QB, converted WR, versus ostensibly a Heisman candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    As someone with deep Gamecock ties, as well as even deeper Duke ties, I wish that were true. The Cocks have rarely been able to equal or surpass the Dawgs...and it's one of those border state rivalries that's far more passionate than most outside the area realize.
    Yup. And SC-Clemson is a real hate.

And we think college basketball officiating is bad...

Notre Dame head coach well out onto the field, gesticulating and screaming wildly, as USC prepares for onside kick and even as the play occurs. No flag.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...IvI?li=BBnb7Kz

Not like this is a bang-bang play, pass interference or charge/block call. Sheesh.

If nothing else they could have called 12 men on the field.

Yup. And SC-Clemson is a real hate.
    There is nothing remotely comparable in the state of SC to Carolina at Duke in BB....nothing remotely comparable in NC to a SC Clemson football game at either venue.

There is nothing remotely comparable in the state of SC to Carolina at Duke in BB...nothing remotely comparable in NC to a SC Clemson football game at either venue.
    Very true, though as I'm sure you recall, when SC was in the ACC, the Duke and unc games down there were ultra intense, the days of McGuire, Roche, Owens, Ribock et al...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Very true, though as I'm sure you recall, when SC was in the ACC, the Duke and unc games down there were ultra intense, the days of McGuire, Roche, Owens, Ribock et al...
    OH, in the 70s with those guys it was on....they were good when Duke wasn't very good. First game in Cameron for me...young tike, about 6 or 7, a Gamecock team I think ranked 2nd in nation came to Cameron (Duke Indoor at the time). Duke had Denton, Katherman, etc. It's one of those indelible memories...for whatever reason...SC ahead 42-21...late first half...Katherman got hot and Duke scored last 14 of the half. Duke Indoor was rocking. Second half, the Gamecocks pulled away.

Pitt is crushing at Syracuse 24-6 at half.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Unbelievable loss by Wisconsin at previously 2-4 Illinois. I thought Wisconsin was a real sleeper for the playoff but that is a brutal loss!

The Penn St - Michigan White Out game was an exciting hard fought game. Over 100,000 in attendance.
    Just an unbelievable setting for a college football game. Nothing like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    The Penn St - Michigan White Out game was an exciting hard fought game. Over 100,000 in attendance.
    Just an unbelievable setting for a college football game. Nothing like it.
    Did you go? Seemed definitely electric. Michigan ran a great play (or rather I should say QB Shea made a great move) on 4th and goal at the three to tie it, but the receiver dropped a perfect pass that hit his chest. Painful for Michigan fans, I'm sure...I didn't see the whole game but seemed like Michigan really outplayed PSU in the second half but dug themselves too big of a hole. Michigan message boards are getting restless at Harbaugh never winning any big games on the road in his Michigan career.

heels looked good...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    heels looked good...
    As often happens, Moonpie made my weekend.

GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    heels looked good...
    Mack is now oh for three on two point conversion calls, and none of the plays even got close. Man I'm hoping NOT to see that string broken next week.

Mack is now oh for three on two point conversion calls, and none of the plays even got close. Man I'm hoping NOT to see that string broken next week.
    He uses his trick plays too early in the game. He's got nothing left in the bag when he needs them.
    Aside from that, I hope it's not close enough next week for a two point conversion to make a difference...
    GO DUKE!

Penn in trouble late. Good news for Clemson.

Penn in trouble late. Good news for Clemson.
    As in Penn State losing to Minnesota. Gotta pull for Minnesota, which hasn't won a Big Ten championship in more than 50 years.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Watching Ala-LSU. It’s time to do away with College football replay. The refs do not know or understands the rules. No need to delay games further.