Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Your fear is my hope!
    I’ve no issue with Alabama being in the CFP if that’s the way it turns out. At this point in time, which one loss team has the best resume? I say it is the Crimson Tide but it is an arguable point.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I’ve no issue with Alabama being in the CFP if that’s the way it turns out. At this point in time, which one loss team has the best resume? I say it is the Crimson Tide but it is an arguable point.
    On these boards, so is: "what is 2 + 2"

I think the Egg Bowl between Ole Miss and Miss State had the wildest ending for a college football game this season. Note to Ole Miss: officials take a dim view of either actual or pretend peeing on the football field.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I think the Egg Bowl between Ole Miss and Miss State had the wildest ending for a college football game this season. Note to Ole Miss: officials take a dim view of either actual or pretend peeing on the football field.
    We watched the Egg Bowl and I could hardly believe what I saw at the end: The Ole Miss player caught a touchdown pass with only 4 seconds left in the game to cap a valiant comeback, then proceeded to exhibit the most moronic "celebration" imaginable -- crawling across the end zone on all fours before cocking up one leg and pretending to pee like a dog, thereby drawing a well-deserved excessive stupidity penalty that resulted in a missed extra point kick that would have tied the game. His idiotic display not only cost his team the opportunity to win a bitter, hard-fought SEC rivalry game in overtime, but simultaneously dimmed the hopes of Duke fans by enabling Mississippi State to become bowl-eligible with 6 wins, thus reducing further the number of potential openings for a 5-win team to go bowling, which would include Duke if the Blue Devils manage to defeat Miami on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    We watched the Egg Bowl and I could hardly believe what I saw at the end: The Ole Miss player caught a touchdown pass with only 4 seconds left in the game to cap a valiant comeback, then proceeded to exhibit the most moronic "celebration" imaginable -- crawling across the end zone on all fours before cocking up one leg and pretending to pee like a dog, thereby drawing a well-deserved excessive stupidity penalty that resulted in a missed extra point kick that would have tied the game. His idiotic display not only cost his team the opportunity to win a bitter, hard-fought SEC rivalry game in overtime, but simultaneously dimmed the hopes of Duke fans by enabling Mississippi State to become bowl-eligible with 6 wins, thus reducing further the number of potential openings for a 5-win team to go bowling, which would include Duke if the Blue Devils manage to defeat Miami on Saturday.
    if I had to guess in which game such a stunt would occur, I might have have guessed that one.

The Ole Miss player caught a touchdown pass with only 4 seconds left in the game to cap a valiant comeback, then proceeded to exhibit the most moronic "celebration" imaginable -- crawling across the end zone on all fours before cocking up one leg and pretending to pee like a dog,
    That was indeed the worst I've ever seen. It was not funny. It was not even celebratory. It was childish with zero redeeming value.

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

I’ve seen this act before:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnVJC5Z6OU

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    I’ve seen this act before:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnVJC5Z6OU
    Beckham is shaky choice as roll model. Interesting the uniforms look so similar...

The thing that got me was that there was no way this was spontaneous. It had to have been planned but how could anyone who planned it not realize it would draw a penalty? Extraordinary stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    The thing that got me was that there was no way this was spontaneous. It had to have been planned but how could anyone who planned it not realize it would draw a penalty? Extraordinary stupidity.
    Don't you know his mama was proud.....

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Don't you know his mama was proud....
    Bless his heart

Duke connection: the Ole Miss head coach is former Duke OC Matt Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Duke connection: the Ole Miss head coach is former Duke OC Matt Luke.
    Also, their defensive coordinator is Mike MacIntyre, our former defensive coordinator under Cut. He left for a head coaching job at San Jose State. He later was fired as Colorado head coach.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

You can't lose to Duke and win the Coastal title. Congrats to Virginia.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Also, their defensive coordinator is Mike MacIntyre, our former defensive coordinator under Cut. He left for a head coaching job at San Jose State. He later was fired as Colorado head coach.
    Mike was national Assistant Coach of the Year the last year he was at Duke.

A good game going on in Ann Arbor. Ohio State up 28 - 16 at the half.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    A good game going on in Ann Arbor. Ohio State up 28 - 16 at the half.
    Michigan has played them very evenly, and could be leading were it not for a red zone fumble and a punt play offside after getting a stop on downs.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Michigan has played them very evenly, and could be leading were it not for a red zone fumble and a punt play offside after getting a stop on downs.
    Yep, Michigan has hurt themselves with mistakes. They are having no problem passing on the Ohio State defense.
    Bob Green

But Michigan cant stop Ohio St. Blue needs a few takeaways