Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Can't say she wasn't exactly what the cheaters needed. Maybe she's found her niche.
    Southern Cal was, apparently, unusually obvious in its recruiting wealthy students, contributing to the Admissions Scandal.

From this past week:
    http://www.insidehighered.com/admiss...nations-parent

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frederi.../#5ed028aa248d

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Southern Cal was, apparently, unusually obvious in its recruiting wealthy students, contributing to the Admissions Scandal.

From this past week:
    http://www.insidehighered.com/admiss...nations-parent

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frederi.../#5ed028aa248d
    As Scott Fitzgerald told us, the rich are different from you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Gonna predict #17 Wisconsin makes the playoffs. These margins of victory are telling, even against mediocre teams.
    Bump. The fact that Wisconsin is ranked behind Michigan is a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Bump. The fact that Wisconsin is ranked behind Michigan is a complete joke.
    With wisconsin leading Michigan 28-0 at the half, it appears Michigan is the complete joke here.

Also, Wisconsin is really good. 200 yards on the ground in the first half. WOW! Meanwhile, their QB has completed 11-of-13 passes thus far. I'm not sure why you would throw the ball very much when you are averaging close to 7 yards per carry, but I guess you gotta keep the D a little bit honest. Michigan, meanwhile, has 9 total rushing yards and their QBs are 5-15 passing. The fact that it is only 28-0 seems lucky for the Wolverines.

-Jason "I'm sure Harbaugh is very calm in the locker room" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    With wisconsin leading Michigan 28-0 at the half, it appears Michigan is the complete joke here.

Also, Wisconsin is really good. 200 yards on the ground in the first half. WOW! Meanwhile, their QB has completed 11-of-13 passes thus far. I'm not sure why you would throw the ball very much when you are averaging close to 7 yards per carry, but I guess you gotta keep the D a little bit honest. Michigan, meanwhile, has 9 total rushing yards and their QBs are 5-15 passing. The fact that it is only 28-0 seems lucky for the Wolverines.

-Jason "I'm sure Harbaugh is very calm in the locker room" Evans
    Ummm, Jason, if Michigan is a complete joke, then it follows that Wisconsin being ranked behind Michigan is a complete joke. So it sounds like you and Wander are on the same sheet of music.

Harbaugh might be on the hot seat sooner rather than later. To me, if Michigan is a joke, Harbaugh needs to be held at least partially responsible.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    To anyone wondering... no, I’m not ok. Wow.

Michigan getting manhandled like they're a high school squad. What a beating so far. I didn't expect this.

I did not realize that Matt Luke (former Duke OC if that doesn't ring a bell) is the head coach at Ole Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I do feel for you.

Unless you were one of the Michigan fans that reveled in Harbaugh's continuous douchery when he was hired and since.

As a Michigan resident, I'd love to have Michigan teams that would reverse and avenge OSU'S dominance over the last decade or so. I just can't root for a team coached by an asshat like Harbaugh.

I’m hoping you’re not still watching . . . .

Hang in there, it's always darkest before the dawn.

As a huge McCaffrey fan, having seen all 4 McCaffreys play at Valor Christian H.S., do you think Dylan McCaffrey ought to be getting the starts?

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Michigan getting manhandled like they're a high school squad. What a beating so far. I didn't expect this.
    I was hoping Michigan would look better so our more impressive win over MTSU would be a good barometer.

My better half (Vol alum) is gamely soldiering through the UT/Florida game. I cannot watch, the carnage is just too great.

Michigan fighting, I’ll give ‘em credit.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Michigan fighting, I’ll give ‘em credit.
    I have no particular quarrel with Michigan (have relatives who went there) but they are an awfully mediocre bunch for all the attention they get...

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m hoping you’re not still watching . . . .
    Oh, I’m watching. I pride myself on being a masochistic fan.

Michigan should’ve gone harder after Cutcliffe five years ago. And may end up trying again this winter.

To have a horrible week of work, but looking forward to a fun big game on Saturday to get you through it, to just get embarrassed like this? To not have a single enjoyable element of the game as a fan? Just... ugh.

Is it basketball season yet guys?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Hang in there, it's always darkest before the dawn.

As a huge McCaffrey fan, having seen all 4 McCaffreys play at Valor Christian H.S., do you think Dylan McCaffrey ought to be getting the starts?
    Obviously the backup QB is always popular when your team struggles. But whenever he’s in the team shows no faith in him to let him throw it... so that combined with the fact he can’t beat out Patterson in practice makes me thing that he may not be the answer. Either that or our coaching staff are idiots. Which is very possible right now.

Oh, I’m watching. I pride myself on being a masochistic fan.

Michigan should’ve gone harder after Cutcliffe five years ago. And may end up trying again this winter.

To have a horrible week of work, but looking forward to a fun big game on Saturday to get you through it, to just get embarrassed like this? To not have a single enjoyable element of the game as a fan? Just... ugh.

Is it basketball season yet guys?
    They fought to the end, you gotta respect that.

But this may be a long year. Four ranked teams still on the schedule to play. Buena suerte.

I was treated to the Miami (OH) @ tOSU game today by our son and the biggest cheer in the stadium was when the final score was announced for the Wisconsin-M*chigan game. LOL.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    probably worth noting that true freshman Keon Slovis at USC (the real one, not the Pimento State one) had an extraordinary night for a true freshman (as he fills in for JT Daniels)...28 for 33, 377 yards, 3 TDs, routing #23 Stanford...

Guess that's why Jack Sears couldn't move up the depth chart...gotta wonder how Slovis does the rest of the year, and where that puts Daniels when he returns...
    Sorry, Buddy. That was Fink. Slovis did throw two passes, both for completions. Guess the point is that Sears was further down the depth chart than we knew.