Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Baylor is laying it on thick against Oklahoma.
    A Baylor team Duke defeated decisively last year.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, Bob. What different trajectories the two teams have taken since that game.

Wasn’t that with QH at the helm...sigh...

Has ESPN ever held College GameDay at a site where they aren't even broadcasting the game before?

Has ESPN ever held College GameDay at a site where they aren't even broadcasting the game before?
    Without checking the record to verify this, I'm pretty sure GameDay has been at a number of SEC games that were televised on CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Without checking the record to verify this, I'm pretty sure GameDay has been at a number of SEC games that were televised on CBS.
    Aha, that makes sense I guess. Just seems weird, you would think they would want to do it in a way that promotes whatever their own big matchup of the day is.

Aha, that makes sense I guess. Just seems weird, you would think they would want to do it in a way that promotes whatever their own big matchup of the day is.
    In fact, ESPN College GameDay was at the Auburn-Florida game this season and the Florida-Georgia game last year, both of which were televised on CBS. It's not such an infrequent event.

Settled in and ready for a full day of college football starting with Penn State at Ohio State. I’m rooting for Penn State but expecting an Ohio State victory.
    Bob Green

Settled in and ready for a full day of college football starting with Penn State at Ohio State. I’m rooting for Penn State but expecting an Ohio State victory.
    Rooting for Ohio State. Not interested in cracking the window for Alabama to get in.

Rooting for Ohio State. Not interested in cracking the window for Alabama to get in.
    Valid point of view but I dislike Ohio State a lot.
    Bob Green

I almost posted the exact same thing. Ideally we can have a final 4 of Clemson, Minnesota, some SEC team not named Alabama and, Oregon. Penn State is not beating Ohio State without a lot of luck.
    Last edited by AGDukesky; 11-23-2019 at 12:43 PM.

I'm not sure I see any chance of Minnesota getting it, but I guess if they beat Ohio State in the championship game they'd have a chance. I'd be concerned that scenario would leave us with Clemson, SEC Champ, Big 12 champ, and Alabama though with Minnesota 5th or 6th.

I'm not sure I see any chance of Minnesota getting it, but I guess if they beat Ohio State in the championship game they'd have a chance. I'd be concerned that scenario would leave us with Clemson, SEC Champ, Big 12 champ, and Alabama though with Minnesota 5th or 6th.
    Ugh my mistake- I forgot Minnesota lost to Iowa last week. Nevermind...

I don't totally trust the committee not to try to sneak LSU, UGA, and 'Bama all into the playoffs if Georgia beats LSU in the champ game to be honest.

I don't totally trust the committee not to try to sneak LSU, UGA, and 'Bama all into the playoffs if Georgia beats LSU in the champ game to be honest.
    I don’t think there’s any way the committee would put in 3 SEC teams - the outcry would be too great. 2 yes; 3 no.

If Georgia beats LSU, then Alabama is out.

Not happenin...

Valid point of view but I dislike Ohio State a lot.
    Please dislike them a bit less as our son now works there and we're in Columbus for the weekend.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Please dislike them a bit less as our son now works there and we're in Columbus for the weekend.
    Ohio State up 21-0 now so it seems pointless to dislike them. Changing the channel is a better tactic.
    Bob Green

Ohio State up 21-0 now so it seems pointless to dislike them. Changing the channel is a better tactic.
    Too bad there are basically 0 good football games today.

Too bad there are basically 0 good football games today.
    Well...