Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Other people’s college football

So . . . Army tied with Michigan, in The Big House, headed to the fourth quarter. On Fox.

(sorry if there is already a collector thread like this, didn’t see one)

Was scared of our game against MTSU when they played Michigan tough last week... turns out maybe Michigan isn't that good? They'll probably end up winning the game, but they can't hold onto the ball. Time for the 1000th year in a row of getting crushed by Ohio State...

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Was scared of our game against MTSU when they played Michigan tough last week... turns out maybe Michigan isn't that good? They'll probably end up winning the game, but they can't hold onto the ball. Time for the 1000th year in a row of getting crushed by Ohio State...
    Army just stopped Michigan on fourth down, in easy FG range. Still think the Wolverines will win, but Army is putting it to them right now.

Army-MI to OT. Gus Johnson with the call.

TD Army!!!

Now let’s go defense!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    TD Army!!!

Now let’s go defense!
    Michigan wins, but the heat on Jim Harbaugh’s khakis is probably at an all-time high.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Army played great, they should be proud of the effort.

Michigan looked awful, they should be running stairs come Monday morning.

Gonna predict #17 Wisconsin makes the playoffs. These margins of victory are telling, even against mediocre teams.

Colorado v Nebraska

My long pitiful C.U. Buffs are hanging in against Nebraska.

Although a Buff home game, it appears that 2/3 of the Boulder crowd is dressed in red.

Man, I hate Nebraska.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    I barely survived that Michigan game. Just gotta hope that we follow the same path that Oklahoma did last year... Army took them to OT too!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I barely survived that Michigan game. Just gotta hope that we follow the same path that Oklahoma did last year... Army took them to OT too!
    Scottdude, I had to pull for the plucky service academy against Michigan. Loved Harborough when he was with the Bears, don't like him much now.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    My long pitiful C.U. Buffs are hanging in against Nebraska.

Although a Buff home game, it appears that 2/3 of the Boulder crowd is dressed in red.

Man, I hate Nebraska.
    Congrats to the Buffs on a good comeback. I was disappointed when I saw the first half score, but somebody must have laid on some attitude adjustment at the half (I don't remember who your coach is, the last I remember before moving away from Colorado was that MacIntyre was dismissed). The best thing about the win is the thought of all those red-clad visitors having to drive home thinking about the manner of the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Congrats to the Buffs on a good comeback. I was disappointed when I saw the first half score, but somebody must have laid on some attitude adjustment at the half (I don't remember who your coach is, the last I remember before moving away from Colorado was that MacIntyre was dismissed). The best thing about the win is the thought of all those red-clad visitors having to drive home thinking about the manner of the loss.
    Watched the game with a group near Boulder. CU played a horrible first half -- lucky to only trail 17-0. Then the comeback. Wow!! And Nebraska fell apart in OT.

The myriad of Husker fans in my hotel look none top happy.

Tennessee, we need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Tennessee, we need to talk.
    They are the silver lining to what has been a less than optimal start for Vandy.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    They are the silver lining to what has been a less than optimal start for Vandy.
    My wife is a Vol, so I'm pretty much forced to side with her. Vol Nation is on suicide watch right now.

probably worth noting that true freshman Keon Slovis at USC (the real one, not the Pimento State one) had an extraordinary night for a true freshman (as he fills in for JT Daniels)...28 for 33, 377 yards, 3 TDs, routing #23 Stanford...

Guess that's why Jack Sears couldn't move up the depth chart...gotta wonder how Slovis does the rest of the year, and where that puts Daniels when he returns...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    USC (the real one, not the Pimento State one)
    This is confusing. The real USC is the one to our south. Why? So we don't have to call them Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    This is confusing. The real USC is the one to our south. Why? So we don't have to call them Carolina.
    Yeah, when I say “Go to Hell, Carolina” down here I piss off a lot of my Gamecock friends.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Scottdude, I had to pull for the plucky service academy against Michigan. Loved Harborough when he was with the Bears, don't like him much now.
    As you should! I never begrudge anyone for rooting for an underdog against any of my teams. Now, root for Ohio State (aka the UNC of the Midwest) and we’ll have a problem