Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Duke will cover the spread:

Duke 41, NC A&T 9.

Predictions are a total waste of time but they're a lot of fun.
    Bob Green

I predict that Alabama hangs 56+ on New Mexico State, and gives up less than 10.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I predict that Alabama hangs 56+ on New Mexico State, and gives up less than 10.
    Both New Mexico State and New Mexico are just horrible teams...The Land of Enchantment evidently does not extend to the gridiron...

Duke 45, A&T 14..

I found ACCN and it's showing the FSU and UNC games at that time. Spectrum in the triangle. Anyone find it?

Quote Originally Posted by knicknut View Post
    I found ACCN and it's showing the FSU and UNC games at that time. Spectrum in the triangle. Anyone find it?
    Game coverage is ACCNX - streaming video basically the same as WatchESPN or ESPN3.

https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/...&type=upcoming
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-05-2019 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Add link
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Game coverage is ACCNX - streaming video basically the same as WatchESPN or ESPN3.

https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/...&type=upcoming
    Thanks for the clarification and sorry for my ignorance. So same exact thing, different letters in the corner. Works for me!

I am back from St. Petersburg, Russia just in time to cheer my Devils to a 29-10 win over the Aggies. I'm glad our guys will not have to deal with my jet lag. Go Duke!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke wins 38-10. LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Video clip below is Elon highlights against NC A&T:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAVXAnYa5gU

While acknowledging the clip's focus is successful Elon plays, the highlights do not make me fear the A&T defense.
    Bob Green

Video clip below is Elon highlights against NC A&T:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAVXAnYa5gU

While acknowledging the clip's focus is successful Elon plays, the highlights do not make me fear the A&T defense.
    I agree that the A&T defense does not strike fear in my heart. I wish I could say the same about the Duke offense, especially the passing game.

I am looking for something like, Duke 24, A&T 10.

Hey, I'll take a win, but I would really love to see major steps forward on offense.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    ...but I would really love to see major steps forward on offense.
    I expect the offense will shine tomorrow. Of course, I am always optimistic due to my "glass half full" personality. Are you attending tomorrow's game?
    Bob Green

I expect the offense will shine tomorrow. Of course, I am always optimistic due to my "glass half full" personality. Are you attending tomorrow's game?
    I'll be in Colorado. My schedule for Duke is iffy this year.

Thanks for asking,

Sage Grouse
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I'm expecting something like Duke 41, A&T 10.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I agree that the A&T defense does not strike fear in my heart. I wish I could say the same about the Duke offense, especially the passing game.

I am looking for something like, Duke 24, A&T 10.

Hey, I'll take a win, but I would really love to see major steps forward on offense.
    moi aussi, 24-10.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    moi aussi, 24-10.
    and yo tambien

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I've yet to see any pie bets here with that -29.5 line on the game. Surely there's somebody on DBR drooling about that opportunity...

I would take Duke and give 25.5. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    I would take Duke and give 25.5. Any takers?
    won't bet against Duke, but I'll wager one I Told You So...

p.s. I just noticed that CollegeFootballNews.com (which does a good job) has predicted Duke 38, A&T 14...last week they had Bama 52-9, FWIW.
    Last edited by budwom; 09-06-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    won't bet against Duke, but I'll wager one I Told You So...
    When my daughter was a Duke freshman, her first day on campus there were protests against Mt Olive (our home town) Pickle Company for not being unionized. Her new roommate, from Texas, got my daughter's perspective. Later that day, the roomie told my daughter that one of the protesters tried to hand her some literature and she said, and I quote-- I said no. And I mean I was a I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. about it!

I'll try to be gentler with you.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    When my daughter was a Duke freshman, her first day on campus there were protests against Mt Olive (our home town) Pickle Company for not being unionized. Her new roommate, from Texas, got my daughter's perspective. Later that day, the roomie told my daughter that one of the protesters tried to hand her some literature and she said, and I quote-- I said no. And I mean I was a I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. about it!

I'll try to be gentler with you.
    Taunting is definitely permitted!
    On our many driving trips to Topsail Island, a true high point is passing the Mt Olive Pickle Company...might you recall (ages ago) the Mount Olive Pickle Classic hoop tournament, where every year
    WRAL veteran sports anchor Ray Reeve had a giant Gherkin on a table in front of him?

p.s. as far as Saturday goes, I have no idea what to expect from Harris and the passing game. I'm hopeful but not convinced...running game should be able to move the ball.