Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zion making more friends in New Orleans

We dropped my son off at Tulane last week.

While in town we saw people at two different restaurants wearing Zion Pelicans t-shirts.

Then last night at the Tulane home football game Zion was on the sidelines, tossing things to the fans and taking selfies with the student section. It seemed like he was there at least for the entire first half.
    Last edited by Ranidad; 08-30-2019 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Zion is taking up golf. I was initially worried about the golf ball. I should have worried about the clubs!

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Zion is taking up golf. I was initially worried about the golf ball. I should have worried about the clubs!
    He's not going to get into shape playing golf!

Nike clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Nike clubs.
    Callaway Razr, actually.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Nike clubs.
    They are out of the golf equipment game so no exploding golf balls to worry about.

I was alluding to his shoe problems... Next time I'll have to spell it out.

He was also on the MNF sidelines this week, which is cool but not really as noteworthy as him being at Yulman for Tulane--because the latter is solely about visibility in New Orleans, not nationally (and not for a team that shares ownership with the Pelicans).

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019...ight-football/

I was alluding to his shoe problems... Next time I'll have to spell it out.
    I knew your reference. And I was alluding to the fact that the video shows the exact club that he destroyed. Zion's destructive capabilities are not limited to one company.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by tripping william View Post
    i knew your reference. And i was alluding to the fact that the video shows the exact club that he destroyed. Zion's destructive capabilities are not limited....
    fify

BTW, what are the odds this video was contrived by the Pelicans?

Was thinking the same thing.

I’ve had that happen to me. Had the head of my 3 iron go flying down the driving range with the shaft in my hands. No anger involved beforehand. The head just broke off on a normal swing.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I’ve had that happen to me. Had the head of my 3 iron go flying down the driving range with the shaft in my hands. No anger involved beforehand. The head just broke off on a normal swing.
    Yea, but you don't have a 48 inch vertical...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yea, but you don't have a 48 inch vertical...

The lesson is that you do NOT swing and jump at the same time.

Saw this photo posted from the Pelicans’ visit to the Saints facility. Nickeil Alexander-Walker (on Zion’s left) is listed at 6’5. Lonzo Ball is 6’6. Zion appears to be about the same height as Ball, and significantly shorter than Jackson Hayes (6’11). Even now, does anybody know how tall Zion actually is? I thought I saw an article around the time of the draft that suggested he had grown an inch since the start of last season, but 6’6 looks accurate at least based on this highly inaccurate picture.

583F9738-DE36-4A1D-B26D-0C2D5CAD20E8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    They are out of the golf equipment game so no exploding golf balls to worry about.
    That is really wild. You get your gear on the second greatest player in history, during his peak years from 1999 to 2006, arguably a plateau even higher than Jack. In 2005, on the iconic hesitating golf ball at the lip of the cup on Augusta 16, your swoosh smiles at the world. Scarcely a decade after, you're done with golf equipment.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    That is really wild. You get your gear on the second greatest player in history, during his peak years from 1999 to 2006, arguably a plateau even higher than Jack. In 2005, on the iconic hesitating golf ball at the lip of the cup on Augusta 16, your swoosh smiles at the world. Scarcely a decade after, you're done with golf equipment.
    Yes it's a puzzle. One explanation I read somewhere is that Nike didn't have a profitable base within golf. Titleist has golf balls; TaylorMade has drivers and woods; Callaway has irons; Cleveland has wedges and Ping has putters plus other stuff. Footjoy has shoes. Nike mostly had red shirts -- then only on Sunday.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Saw this photo posted from the Pelicans’ visit to the Saints facility. Nickeil Alexander-Walker (on Zion’s left) is listed at 6’5. Lonzo Ball is 6’6. Zion appears to be about the same height as Ball, and significantly shorter than Jackson Hayes (6’11). Even now, does anybody know how tall Zion actually is? I thought I saw an article around the time of the draft that suggested he had grown an inch since the start of last season, but 6’6 looks accurate at least based on this highly inaccurate picture.

583F9738-DE36-4A1D-B26D-0C2D5CAD20E8.jpg
    You really can’t go by pictures taken while they are standing on dirt. Zion’s strength pushes the earth away directly under his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    You really can’t go by pictures taken while they are standing on dirt. Zion’s strength pushes the earth away directly under his feet.
    It has also been said that Zion elevates the players around him ...