Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ymmm, Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I really like Old Forester, another well flavored and surprisingly smooth bourbon at a good price point. Have also had some of their other bottlings, including the Statesman and the 1897 (which comes in at 100 proof) and enjoy them all.
    I happen to know where there's a bottle of Old Forester tucked away in the Chapel...

-jk

I think it's poetic that the bourbon thread title has one more "m" than the beer thread title and I pray that never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I think it's poetic that the bourbon thread title has one more "m" than the beer thread title and I pray that never changes.
    I was actually triggered by this.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    ... Can't seem to find that Ymm, Bourbon thread ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    ... talk about bourbon barrels in “that other” Ymmm thread ...
    Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    I was wondering this would morph into a Ymmmmmm bourbon thread ...
    My favorite MN-based company is 3M -- anybody else?

I am not a drinker but a good friend from Jackson, WY was telling me about Wyoming Whiskey - a craft Bourbon. He said it is pretty darn good. I don't know but pass along the information to the aficionados.

2833AD8B-B416-4DCA-8A30-AD833FDEB92C.jpg
    I’ve been SLOWLY enjoying this bottle of Jefferson’s Ocean. I sprung for it a while back to celebrate a professional achievement. It’s quite good but definitely unique with a distinctly salty note. Which I guess you’d expect given it was literally aged at sea. A sipping bourbon for sure.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I’ve been SLOWLY enjoying this bottle of Jefferson’s Ocean. I sprung for it a while back to celebrate a professional achievement. It’s quite good but definitely unique with a distinctly salty note. Which I guess you’d expect given it was literally aged at sea. A sipping bourbon for sure.
    I like this a lot.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Younger daughter and her husband are not visiting the Jameson Distillery while in Ireland but "waiting for the real distilleries in Scotland" starting tomorrow.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Does that qualify it as a whiskey gose?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Does that qualify it as a whiskey gose?
    I guess so! And it certainly gose down easy...

I guess this belongs here since we have no Ymm, Ice Cream thread:

https://proofalcoholicecream.com/adm...haespresso.png

Especially considering two of their flavors are Bourbon Caramel and Vanilla Bourbon.

I'd link the story in this morning's News and Observer but I despise trying to find articles on their website and, when occasionally successful, fighting all the ads and then being unable to copy/paste quotes from said articles.

jbs-alcoholic-ice-cream-proof-chocolate-bourbon-768x768.jpg

7% ABV.
    Last edited by devildeac; 09-11-2019 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Had to add photo and ABV

I guess this belongs here since we have no Ymm, Ice Cream thread:

https://proofalcoholicecream.com/adm...haespresso.png

Especially considering two of their flavors are Bourbon Caramel and Vanilla Bourbon.

I'd link the story in this morning's News and Observer but I despise trying to find articles on their website and, when occasionally successful, fighting all the ads and then being unable to copy/paste quotes from said articles.

jbs-alcoholic-ice-cream-proof-chocolate-bourbon-768x768.jpg

7% ABV.
    Sign me up!!!!!!!

edit: They sell this locally in NC??? I hate you devildeac. You’re going to ruin my health.

That’s it. I’m heading out now to buy some of this and will report back like any good DBR’er would.

Sign me up!!!!!!!

edit: They sell this locally in NC??? I hate you devildeac. You’re going to ruin my health.
    But, but, but, I'm available for consultation about beer, ice cream AND medical matters...

Sign me up!!!!!!!

That’s it. I’m heading out now to buy some of this and will report back like any good DBR’er would.
    I'm disappointed it took you 8 minutes between posts to decide that...

But, but, but, I'm available for consultation about beer, ice cream AND medical matters...

Are these fields of interrelated?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Are these fields of interrelated?
    They are indeed. Quoting myself from 10/23/14:

"Black Chocolate Stout-Brooklyn Brewing Company

My annual review, courtesy of this 12 ounce trader from August West last Saturday. Poured a somewhat viscous, oily black with dark chocolate aromas wafting from the glass and darkly roasted grains (six of them) coating the palate with a dark chocolatey, boozey sensation. No additives or aging here. The bitterness originates from the heavy roasting and the resemblance to Nestle's semi-sweet morsels comes from the black and chocolate malts. Throw in a splash of whiskey and some dark malted milk mix and you have a great sipping imperial stout with IBUs in the 60 range (guessing) and an ABV of 10%. Perfect for a liquid dessert or as the base for a beer float with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a spoon."

I'll try to integrate the medical matter into the mix somehow/sometime/somewhere.

I'm disappointed it took you 8 minutes between posts to decide that...

It required a commitment to navigating Cary rush hour traffic, which is no small thing. But I soldiered on...

D6735D56-1A00-433F-B2BD-C9A1E7813BE0.jpg

Review to be posted in an hour or so...

It required a commitment to navigating Cary rush hour traffic, which is no small thing. But I soldiered on...

D6735D56-1A00-433F-B2BD-C9A1E7813BE0.jpg

Review to be posted in an hour or so...
    Awesome. Always admire someone taking one for the team.

38.gif

They are indeed. Quoting myself from 10/23/14:

"Black Chocolate Stout-Brooklyn Brewing Company

My annual review, courtesy of this 12 ounce trader from August West last Saturday. Poured a somewhat viscous, oily black with dark chocolate aromas wafting from the glass and darkly roasted grains (six of them) coating the palate with a dark chocolatey, boozey sensation. No additives or aging here. The bitterness originates from the heavy roasting and the resemblance to Nestle's semi-sweet morsels comes from the black and chocolate malts. Throw in a splash of whiskey and some dark malted milk mix and you have a great sipping imperial stout with IBUs in the 60 range (guessing) and an ABV of 10%. Perfect for a liquid dessert or as the base for a beer float with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a spoon."

I'll try to integrate the medical matter into the mix somehow/sometime/somewhere.

It will be related to resuscitation, most likely 👍