Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    His final duel with Obi Wan is one of my favorite Star Wars moments of all time. All hail Dave Filoni!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    His final duel with Obi Wan is one of my favorite Star Wars moments of all time. All hail Dave Filoni!
    Yeah, that duel and Obi-wan's dialogue are absolutely amazing. One of the only EU exchanges that I have remembered from a single viewing.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Cara Dune is now Cara Done.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...023950226.html

As they say in Cameron...Ahhhhhhh Seeeeeeeeeeya!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

TOTALLY fine with that, she was a TERRIBLE actor. I found her laughably bad.

Just finished Season 2. It was a lot of fun. Will be interested to see where things go for Season 3. Lots of fun story lines to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    TOTALLY fine with that, she was a TERRIBLE actor. I found her laughably bad.
    I'll be honest, I didn't really like any of the primary or secondary characters, even though I liked the show. All the characters in the prison episode were awful. The guy he met early on that ended up helping him all the time was weird. Cara Dune wasn't good. Didn't love Ahsoka's performance. Didn't love Bo Katan. Mando, Moff Gideon and the guy that gave out the bounty contracts were solid and that's about it as far as live action performers.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Cara Dune is now Cara Done.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...023950226.html

As they say in Cameron...Ahhhhhhh Seeeeeeeeeeya!
    I long for the day when folks learn that every thought they have doesn't need to be tweeted or posted or instagrammed or whatever. Keep it among your friends and off the internet and there won't be problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'll be honest, I didn't really like any of the primary or secondary characters, even though I liked the show. All the characters in the prison episode were awful. The guy he met early on that ended up helping him all the time was weird. Cara Dune wasn't good. Didn't love Ahsoka's performance. Didn't love Bo Katan. Mando, Moff Gideon and the guy that gave out the bounty contracts were solid and that's about it as far as live action performers.
    Bill Burr was very Bill Burr-ish. Which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bill Burr was very Bill Burr-ish. Which I like.
    I've never liked Burr, in any format (stand-up, podcasting, acting).

And honestly Mando's character was pretty bland himself (monotone voice, minimal emotional arc), so it's not like it required stellar acting. But then again, the acting skill has never been a key to the success of Star Wars, so it's no big deal. The story line and the special effects were the key.

Gideon was quite good, and Carl Weathers is always fun. The woman who Ahsoka fought was good for her one episode. But it's the storyline and action sequences that have carried the show.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I've never liked Burr, in any format (stand-up, podcasting, acting).
    I feel I should be reading these in Clint Eastwood's voice.

20081025_clint_190x190.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I long for the day when folks learn that every thought they have doesn't need to be tweeted or posted or instagrammed or whatever. Keep it among your friends and off the internet and there won't be problems.
    True but pedro pascal tweeted in febuary comparing nazi jailing as the same as
    The people at tbe boarder.
    He still has a job.

(remainder of post redacted for political content)
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 02-12-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    True but pedro pascal tweeted in febuary comparing nazi jailing as the same as
    The people at tbe boarder.
    He still has a job.
    I see a vast difference between the two, personally. I suspect many others do as well. But I won't dig into it here.

I am unsurprised that Disney agreed, and I don't think it has anything to do with a particular agenda.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 02-12-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I see a vast difference between the two, personally. I suspect many others do as well. But I won't dig into it here.

I am unsurprised that Disney agreed, and I don't think it has anything to do with a particular agenda.
    I think they fired her from previous run in ins. I just found it hypocritical.
    I do not care to have a political discussion on this either.even though i myself made the mistake of mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    True
    Sometimes it's people saying they don't like any warm fruit, or maybe the are Tarheel fans, or whatever. You just don't need to put it out there for the world to know about. Sometimes it's politics. Whatevs. The world would be a better place with less talking.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Sometimes it's people saying they don't like any warm fruit, or maybe the are Tarheel fans, or whatever. You just don't need to put it out there for the world to know about. Sometimes it's politics. Whatevs. The world would be a better place with less talking.
    Agree .

Surprised no one has talked about the special technology at the end of the season. Still feels like that sort of thing is a few years away but it’s getting darn close.

Has scary implications for the real world, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Surprised no one has talked about the special technology at the end of the season. Still feels like that sort of thing is a few years away but it’s getting darn close.

It's weird that Disney with all their talents didn't do the best job of it, yet others have created some way scary deep fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It's weird that Disney with all their talents didn't do the best job of it, yet others have created some way scary deep fakes.
    Yeah. The reveal wasn’t too bad but once it started talking it was pretty noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

Try the phone app reface been using it for months.

People are doing bad things with it already.