Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    We subscribed to Disney+ last week so we could watch Hamilton (haven't done it yet). With my significant other out of town for a week, I finally started watching Madalarian Saturday evening, and finished it at lunch today (Monday). Wow, I really like this series, better than the Star Wars prequel and sequel trios! Will there be a season 2? I certainly want to see how Yoda grows up
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Will there be a season 2?
    Yes and a third. Season two filming thankfully wrapped before the shutdown, so they are on target for the October premiere.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The next Star Wars show announced is The Bad Batch, focusing on the group of misfit clones from the last season of Clone Wars. I'm not thrilled about that. Dave Filoni is executive producing, which is good, but he also did that with Resistance, and this show also has Resistance writers involved.
    Star Wars Resistance sucked.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The next Star Wars show announced is The Bad Batch, focusing on the group of misfit clones from the last season of Clone Wars. I'm not thrilled about that. Dave Filoni is executive producing, which is good, but he also did that with Resistance, and this show also has Resistance writers involved.
    I didn't find the Bad Batch very compelling in the latest Clone Wars arc, so I'm not very excited about them getting their own show either (honestly I didn't find a lot of that arcs that focused on the clones compelling). I'll be looking forward to finding out whatever the next show after that is going to be.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    If there were, they were said by this guy.

220px-Kuiil_Star_Wars.jpg

I'm watching the finale to Rebels for the first time tonight. Are you all recommending I just skip Resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    I'm watching the finale to Rebels for the first time tonight. Are you all recommending I just skip Resistance?
    It is 100% aimed towards kids. Aggravatingly so. Unless you are watching it with kids, skip it. (PS, that finale is awesome)

1,000 times yes.

Put it this way, if you found Ahsoka annoying at all at the beginning of Rebels when she was a whiny brat, the protagonist of Resistance is 100x worse.

Chalk me up as someone who also signed up to see Hamilton (overrated. I also to expend mental energy trying to understand the lyrics. I don't have the ear for rap. So it left me exhausted mentally and a little confused).

However, I did use the month to watch The Mandalorian. I too thought it was the best thing out of Star Wars well, since Jedi probably. I liked Rogue One a lot as well. I also took the time to watch Rise of Skywalker (ugh! it tried so hard, but didn't get it done for me) as well as The Phantom Menance (yes, it was as bad as I remembered)

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    1,000 times yes.

Put it this way, if you found Ahsoka annoying at all at the beginning of Rebels when she was a whiny brat, the protagonist of Resistance is 100x worse.
    At least Ahsoka grew into one of the best characters in the SW universe.

Nobody will ever say that for anyone on Resistance. Not only that, Jar Jar Binks got upstaged as the most annoying character ever.

Fun! Loved seeing Thrawn become canon. The Defender, too.

And Ahsoka might be showing up in live action Star Wars, if you read any entertainment news...

At least Ahsoka grew into one of the best characters in the SW universe.

Nobody will ever say that for anyone on Resistance. Not only that, Jar Jar Binks got upstaged as the most annoying character ever.
    Yes she did.

And you’re right. I’d rather watch Jar Jar in the prequels than the dumpster fire that is Resistance.

I did enjoy the Rebels finale. I like how they tied it further into the events of the original trilogy.

So when is the "Ahsoka and Sabine search for Ezra" series going to come out? I'd watch that.

Or based on the rumors up-thread maybe we get an update in Season 2 of The Mandalorian?

I'll take everyone's advice and skip Resistance for now. My kids are 5 and 2.5, so they haven't seen anything yet, though they have been introduced to the Star Wars universe via Lego and clothing

No link, NSFW.

Lots swirling about Ray Park (Darth Maul) and a post on his Instagram.

Social media speculation running wild about impact to a rumoured Darth Maul series under discussion for Disney+ .

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    No link, NSFW.

Lots swirling about Ray Park (Darth Maul) and a post on his Instagram.

Social media speculation running wild about impact to a rumoured Darth Maul series under discussion for Disney+ .
    I mean, it seems like it would be pretty easy to have a different person play Maul, if it came to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I mean, it seems like it would be pretty easy to have a different person play Maul, if it came to that.
    Maul is an interesting guy when on screen. Ray Park was the first, but since then has only shown up in Solo and the second to last Clone Wars episode. And in those second two instances, when he spoke, he was voiced by Sam Witwer.

Maul is an interesting guy when on screen. Ray Park was the first, but since then has only shown up in Solo and the second to last Clone Wars episode. And in those second two instances, when he spoke, he was voiced by Sam Witwer.
    ?

He's shown up in a ton of the animated series' episodes. Has whole arcs related to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    ?

He's shown up in a ton of the animated series' episodes. Has whole arcs related to him.
    Maul has shown up tons, yes. All voiced by Witwer. But Ray Park has only been Maul visually in Solo and in the second to last episode of Clone Wars. (The awesome duel with Ahsoka was motion capture and he was the one behind the camera.)
    In both of those cases, Maul spoke, and Witwer was the voice.

PS...cool back story on that duel can be watched here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k5lHp6g77s

Maul has shown up tons, yes. All voiced by Witwer. But Ray Park has only been Maul visually in Solo and in the second to last episode of Clone Wars. (The awesome duel with Ahsoka was motion capture and he was the one behind the camera.)
    In both of those cases, Maul spoke, and Witwer was the voice.

PS...cool back story on that duel can be watched here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k5lHp6g77s
    Oh okay I see what you mean now