Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 127
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'll be honest, this episode didn't really do anything for me.

    On the other hand, I just finished Rebels and have so many questions.
    This thread inspired me to finish Rebels this week. Had stopped watching midway through the second to last season as I had lost interest. Glad I finished it. Definitely some surprises I did not anticipate.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'd love to see Zeb from Rebels done in live action.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'd love to see Zeb from Rebels done in live action.
    His voice actor, Steve Blum, was the Mos Eisley space port operator that gave landing clearance in episode 5 of the Mandalorian.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Ahhh, the movie is on D+.
    Yes. Found/watched it over the weekend. Thanks for the pointer. I agree that it wasn't essential, but it does set some things up for the series. The movie and the series both have the same feel, so it was like an extended episode/pilot for the series.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Yes. Found/watched it over the weekend. Thanks for the pointer. I agree that it wasn't essential, but it does set some things up for the series. The movie and the series both have the same feel, so it was like an extended episode/pilot for the series.
    And...as a movie, it's better than the three prequels. I rewatched it after posting that D+ had it, it's a fun diversion.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  6. #66
    I simply loved Rebels. Bringing the TIE Defender, Ruk, and Thrawn into canon (and even Pellaeon!) was such a treat for me. Loved seeing the Ghost and Chopper in Rogue One (and the Hera reference) and looking forward to seeing it in Rise of Skywalker (and it looks like it won’t be the only Rebels ship in that movie!). Dave Filoni is, to me, the true defender of the Star Wars universe right now. Oh, and keep your eyes open for Ahsoka in Rise... apparently she may make a (background) appearance.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I simply loved Rebels. Bringing the TIE Defender, Ruk, and Thrawn into canon (and even Pellaeon!) was such a treat for me. Loved seeing the Ghost and Chopper in Rogue One (and the Hera reference) and looking forward to seeing it in Rise of Skywalker (and it looks like it wonít be the only Rebels ship in that movie!). Dave Filoni is, to me, the true defender of the Star Wars universe right now. Oh, and keep your eyes open for Ahsoka in Rise... apparently she may make a (background) appearance.
    Spoilers, dude!

    Spoiler!

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Spoilers, dude!

    Spoiler!
    Oh, I haven't seen it or anything... JJ Abrams mentioned it in an interview.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    A look at why Clone Wars is more valuable than the prequel movies.

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...113440221.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    A look at why Clone Wars is more valuable than the prequel movies.

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...113440221.html
    I would love some kind of reboot that combines the prequel trilogy and the Clone Wars TV show into a live action TV series or something. It probably isn't doable because you would need to re-cast or significantly de-age some of the actors, but I would love it.

    Also, a show covering the time from the end of the prequels to Rebels would be cool, mostly because I want more of live-action Vader the way we saw him at the end of Rogue One.

    Rebels spoiler:

    Spoiler!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    You know you want to adopt this cat that looks like Baby Yoda.

    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest NC
    Jon Favreau just tweeted The Mandalorian season 2 coming fall 2020!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Boba Fett!? Boba Fett where!?
    On the Mandalorian, season 2...that's where.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/mandalori...205500568.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  14. #74
    Hmmm. So he either survived the Sarlac beast or itís a flashback?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Hmmm. So he either survived the Sarlac beast or itís a flashback?
    Unless he takes off his helmet, I'm guessing flashack. If he takes it off, then he'd be old enough to be current in the timeline and not a sarlacc snack.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    According to C3PO, "In his belly, you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a thousand years."

    That tells me that someone can be rescued from the Sarlacc after many years and, aside from the psychological scars from the "pain and suffering," not be otherwise harmed.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    I get that Boba Fett is cool and all, but in a universe of potentially hundreds of billions or trillions of beings, why does Star Wars insist on forcing characters back to life? Darth Maul, Palpetine, now Boba Fett? Maybe Snoke will stitch himself back together next? Or maybe they can undo the lame (IMO) death of Luke?

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I get that Boba Fett is cool and all, but in a universe of potentially hundreds of billions or trillions of beings, why does Star Wars insist on forcing characters back to life? Darth Maul, Palpetine, now Boba Fett? Maybe Snoke will stitch himself back together next? Or maybe they can undo the lame (IMO) death of Luke?
    Not speaking to the others, but bringing Maul back was a stroke of genius and gave us one of the richest characters in all of Star Wars. Plus, Obi Wan to got to kill him twice, with the second time being a much more fitting death.

    PS...this would fit better in the May the Fourth thread...but can't complain with a few to choose from. Unless you don't like Star Wars and have posted about it in the "everyone likes it but me thread", then you don't care anyway. ;p
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Not speaking to the others, but bringing Maul back was a stroke of genius and gave us one of the richest characters in all of Star Wars. Plus, Obi Wan to got to kill him twice, with the second time being a much more fitting death.

    PS...this would fit better in the May the Fourth thread...but can't complain with a few to choose from. Unless you don't like Star Wars and have posted about it in the "everyone likes it but me thread", then you don't care anyway. ;p
    I donít disagree with Maul, as he was wasted in a Phantom Menace and Iím ok with his revival, especially in Rebels. However I think his cameo in Solo fits my complaint as unnecessarily cramming an exist character into a story that doesnít need it.

    I guess I donít have a gripe with any of them individually, but doing it over and over again seems lazy and/or contrived.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Wow, season two is shaping up to be quite the cameo fest.
    Announced characters now include, beyond Ahsoka Tano...
    Captain Rex and Boba Fett. (Will be played by the same actor, Temuera Morrison.)
    Sabine Wren
    Bo-Katan (Last known owner of the Darksaber.)

    With so many folks popping up once again from Rebels, I can't help but think they are setting up a sequel show. Will be curious if they do it as live action or animated.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Similar Threads

  1. Disney Advice
    By NSDukeFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 10:31 PM
  2. back from disney world
    By moonpie23 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
  3. Disney and Time Warner
    By cf-62 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 01:12 PM
  4. Bolt (Disney 3D)
    By Cavlaw in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 02:03 PM
  5. Speaking of Disney
    By Udaman in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 10:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •