Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    You should have said, “I have spoken.”

To entice others to watch The Mandalorian and join the spoiler thread, I will say that Jon Favreau has stumbled upon an idea for a character that George Lucas (ever the filmmaker/merchandiser) must be kicking himself for not thinking of first.

Very much enjoyed the first two episodes. I could go into more detail (maybe in a spoilers thread?) but the main thing I want to say (definitely a spoiler) is:

Spoiler!

One huge complaint about Disney+ so far. It does a terrible job of tracking what episode you are on between viewing sessions. So far its been off by 3-5 episodes each time I start back up. Every other streaming service I've used has generally been spot on, even resuming pretty much exactly where I left off if I stopped watching mid-episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    One huge complaint about Disney+ so far. It does a terrible job of tracking what episode you are on between viewing sessions. So far its been off by 3-5 episodes each time I start back up. Every other streaming service I've used has generally been spot on, even resuming pretty much exactly where I left off if I stopped watching mid-episode.
    Could be device-related. Are you watching on a computer, phone, tablet, ...? I haven't had an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Could be device-related. Are you watching on a computer, phone, tablet, ...? I haven't had an issue with it.
    Roku for me. Some quick googling after I posted that suggested that some people have the same problem and others have no problem at all.

Some information on a new production method they are using on The Mandalorian.

https://qz.com/1754288/disney-is-try...e-mandalorian/

Long story short, they are saying goodbye to green screens. There is a demo video in the article about how they filmed an Indian Motorcycle commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Has anyone had any issue getting a blank (black) screen when watching Disney+? The sound is there, but no video. This is through Amazon FireStick. When I chromecast it from my phone (on the same TV), it works fine. Very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    Has anyone had any issue getting a blank (black) screen when watching Disney+? The sound is there, but no video. This is through Amazon FireStick. When I chromecast it from my phone (on the same TV), it works fine. Very weird.
    I believe they stated that they wouldn't allow it to play through the FireStick. I'm planning to try to find a hack around that restriction in a few days.

I believe it should work on Amazon devices...
    https://www.techjunkie.com/disney-plus-firestick/

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    I believe it should work on Amazon devices...
    https://www.techjunkie.com/disney-plus-firestick/
    Good find.

You might have heard talk of a disagreement between Disney and Amazon over the last month, with the Wall Street Journal having reported in October that Amazon’s Fire TV OS would not receive Disney Plus at launch. This spawned from the lack of a deal between the two companies that would see Disney Plus arrive on the Amazon Appstore. The conflict stemmed from advertising space: Amazon wanted to be able to sell ad space on top of the Disney apps—which also include ESPN Plus—while Disney didn’t want to relinquish the space to Amazon.
    It’s unclear what came of the negotiations between the two companies, but for the end-user, it doesn’t really matter. All that matters is, yes, your Amazon Fire TV (in addition to your Roku, PS4, and plenty of other devices) will support Disney Plus at launch. Crisis averted, folks.
    To install the app, either search for “Disney Plus” on your Fire TV using Alexa, or head over to Amazon’s Appstore here to remotely install the app on your device.
    I was unable to find it when I searched at launch, but that might have just been launch issue and I haven't tried Amazon's Appstore yet.

On episode 2 i like it so far.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    A little off topic, but just got Disney+ and was wondering what Star Wars shows I should watch (Clone Wars, Rebels, etc) and in what order.
    Now it's on topic.

I'd start exactly with those two, in that order. Clone Wars was never given a proper ending, but thankfully Disney is doing just that in February. Even without the best way of going out, it's a really good show, and it gets better over time. Rebels is also a really good show, and it was given one of the best endings that you will find anywhere. (Of course being Star Wars, it still left a number of questions on the table.)

Besides those two, I'd look at the Lego takes on the Star Wars universe. The Freemaker Adventures is great, and totally hilarious. Having at least some Clone Wars under your belt will help getting some of the references.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Now it's on topic.

I'd start exactly with those two, in that order. Clone Wars was never given a proper ending, but thankfully Disney is doing just that in February. Even without the best way of going out, it's a really good show, and it gets better over time. Rebels is also a really good show, and it was given one of the best endings that you will find anywhere. (Of course being Star Wars, it still left a number of questions on the table.)

Besides those two, I'd look at the Lego takes on the Star Wars universe. The Freemaker Adventures is great, and totally hilarious. Having at least some Clone Wars under your belt will help getting some of the references.
    Agree!! Rebels was fantastic! The last season was so emotional.

(spoiler is in reference to an object Rey is holding in one of the trailers for Rise of Skywalker)
    Spoiler!

... Make sure to catch an independent fan film called "Troopers" on YouTube. It answers some important questions from episode IV A New Hope.

I'm working my way through Clone Wars right now. Currently about half way through season 3. I don't think I'll get through all 6 seasons before February, but you never know...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The Clone Wars series picks up after the events of the animated movie. While it's not necessary watching (not sure if the movie is on D+), it's helpful.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    ... Make sure to catch an independent fan film called "Troopers" on YouTube. It answers some important questions from episode IV A New Hope.
    I think it's actually called "Troops."

It's possibly my favorite fan film (although, PA Wars/Duel of the Fakes is also fantastic - just hasn't aged as well). Such high-quality work for when it was made (1997). I remember not really enjoying it very much when it first came out, thinking the pace was just too slow compared to some others, but once I was a little older and re-watched it I came to appreciate its glory.

Here's a link for anyone interested.

Heads up. Due to the movie's release next week, The Mandalorian is being streamed on Wednesday instead of Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The Clone Wars series picks up after the events of the animated movie. While it's not necessary watching (not sure if the movie is on D+), it's helpful.
    Ahhh, the movie is on D+.

I'll be honest, this episode didn't really do anything for me.

On the other hand, I just finished Rebels and have so many questions.