Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
I guess but he IS a clone of a Mandalorian. If you clone a white guy, he is still Caucasian. Right?
Probably doesn't apply - in that way - in this case. The question of "What makes a Mandalorian?" is a little complicated. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes up in the show.

One way to be a Mandalorian is to be from their home planet or its moon, or possibly also from Mandalorian-controlled space. They'd also adopt other people (generally conquered people) into their culture. So what would make someone a Mandalorian is assimilation into the martial lifestyle and traditions of the Mandalorians, and membership in a clan. In that case, planet of origin, species, whatever, doesn't matter.

I don't really know the lore well for Jango Fett. My understanding is that he was an edge case as it was, but qualified as an adopted-into-Mandalorian-society type. Boba Fett doesn't qualify merely by genetic relation, nor by being from Mandalorian space. He can only qualify by being a part of Mandalorian culture, living as a Mandalorian, and so far as I know, he doesn't meet that bar. Being a tough guy and bounty hunter isn't adequate to meet the Mandalorian lifestyle - although it's something a bunch of Mandalorians have done, they do it because they have the skills for it, not because it's seen as a Mandalorian calling. That's my understanding of it, anyway.