Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Episode One of The Book of Boba Fett dropped today, about to watch it with SonPK. Not sure if it needs a separate spoiler thread, I guess it depends on how many folks are planning to watch.

(Since I have been known to lack thread discipline, I will leave it to others to decide).

Deleted my last post because I was wearing my stupid hat. I think we should definitely have a dedicated "Book of Boba Fett" spoiler thread like we did for The Mandalorian, I think we have enough Star Wars fans here to sustain that while the season is active. I won't be starting it though, because I haven't watched it yet.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Posting this in here since I don't want to start two Obi-Wan Kenobi threads. (There will be a spoiler thread, for sure.)

Today, two episodes drop. I'm not watching them 'til this evening, but I'm excited. LOTS of what we see is going to be coming from The Clone Wars and Rebels shows, since the Inquisitors are going to be playing a big role. (And of course, their master, Vader.)
    It will be interesting if Hayden Christiansen is only in his Vader suit, or will they ever go with flashbacks. For his prep, Christiansen said he watched all of Clone Wars, since the character of Anakin Skywalker was fleshed out in detail.

I'll be looking to see who else from those two shows may pop in as well. (Thankfully for this show, I'm pretty sure one of them won't be Maul; his last and final meeting with Kenobi will be better for it if they leave him out of this one.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Posting this in here since I don't want to start two Obi-Wan Kenobi threads. (There will be a spoiler thread, for sure.)

Today, two episodes drop. I'm not watching them 'til this evening, but I'm excited. LOTS of what we see is going to be coming from The Clone Wars and Rebels shows, since the Inquisitors are going to be playing a big role. (And of course, their master, Vader.)
    It will be interesting if Hayden Christiansen is only in his Vader suit, or will they ever go with flashbacks. For his prep, Christiansen said he watched all of Clone Wars, since the character of Anakin Skywalker was fleshed out in detail.

I'll be looking to see who else from those two shows may pop in as well. (Thankfully for this show, I'm pretty sure one of them won't be Maul; his last and final meeting with Kenobi will be better for it if they leave him out of this one.)
    I was just about to head to bed when I checked the Internet one last time and saw that they had released the episodes early (Midnight instead of 3 a.m. Eastern time). Couldn't help but stay up and watch! Hope you enjoy, I look forward to discussing in the spoiler thread.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    OOOOH!!!! This looks gooooooood!!!

Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

SonPK graduated from HS today, we came home and watched the first two Kenobi episodes. Tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    SonPK graduated from HS today, we came home and watched the first two Kenobi episodes. Tasty.
    My son graduated also .but he got very lucky .my daughter had a extra ticket to
    N.Y. so by 3 pm he was airborne .

Digging this thread up since The Mandalorian is about to come to a close, and Ahsoka is on the horizon. Very long story short, I think lots of folks are about to get smacked with a huge case of "Who Is That?". The name dropping has begun, and even been teased with a few live action characters from a show that I don't see how if people don't know the background of, they will be able to follow what's about to come.

That show? The animated excellence of Star Wars Rebels. We know from announcements and casting news that Ahsoka is going to be a continuation of Rebels. Almost (if not all) every major character from the animated show is going to be brought to live action. It's a literal continuation of the story, foreshadowed in that series' epilogue.
    Ahsoka
    Hera Syndulla
    Sabine Wren
    Ezra Bridger
    Zeb (most likely since we saw him already in Mando)

And of course, Thrawn.

I don't see how D+ is not expecting to totally lose their audience without them knowing those folks' story, and most people won't. It's for that reason alone that as soon as Mando is over I'm going to add in Rebels to our weekly viewing so my gf can catch up and at least have a clue by August. We won't do every show (there are like 75 episodes total), but I've got enough time to highlight the important ones and skip the "filler" episodes from each season. And I'll be looking forward to catching back up myself.

Anywho...just a thought for those that know all of this is ultimately coming together in a movie directed by Dave Filoni. To appreciate the end of the story he's going to tell, it will be helpful to know the first chapters of the story he started.

As long as they don’t continue anything from Resistance, I’m good.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Digging this thread up since The Mandalorian is about to come to a close, and Ahsoka is on the horizon. Very long story short, I think lots of folks are about to get smacked with a huge case of "Who Is That?". The name dropping has begun, and even been teased with a few live action characters from a show that I don't see how if people don't know the background of, they will be able to follow what's about to come.

That show? The animated excellence of Star Wars Rebels. We know from announcements and casting news that Ahsoka is going to be a continuation of Rebels. Almost (if not all) every major character from the animated show is going to be brought to live action. It's a literal continuation of the story, foreshadowed in that series' epilogue.
    Ahsoka
    Hera Syndulla
    Sabine Wren
    Ezra Bridger
    Zeb (most likely since we saw him already in Mando)

And of course, Thrawn.

I don't see how D+ is not expecting to totally lose their audience without them knowing those folks' story, and most people won't. It's for that reason alone that as soon as Mando is over I'm going to add in Rebels to our weekly viewing so my gf can catch up and at least have a clue by August. We won't do every show (there are like 75 episodes total), but I've got enough time to highlight the important ones and skip the "filler" episodes from each season. And I'll be looking forward to catching back up myself.

Anywho...just a thought for those that know all of this is ultimately coming together in a movie directed by Dave Filoni. To appreciate the end of the story he's going to tell, it will be helpful to know the first chapters of the story he started.
    Am curious about the things I’ve heard that I’ve heard about the culminating movies being something akin to the Zahn novels Heir to the Empire(which they had a nod to in the Ashoka trailer). Obviously would need some significant reworking of things but it’s sort of amusing that that’s where I started diving into the Star Wars universe

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Am curious about the things I’ve heard that I’ve heard about the culminating movies being something akin to the Zahn novels Heir to the Empire(which they had a nod to in the Ashoka trailer). Obviously would need some significant reworking of things but it’s sort of amusing that that’s where I started diving into the Star Wars universe
    I've not read the books, but Zahn's Thrawn character was pulled from those Legends tales, and it seems that a few of his cohorts are coming over as well. Lars Mikkelsen was great as his voice in Rebels, and I'm looking forward to seeing him play him in live action as well.
    The only other actor to do that to date with their animated character is Katee Sackhoff / Bo-Katan Kryze.

I'm quite confident that Disney is smart enough to recognize that it needs to introduce characters in Ashoka as if we don't already know them. It won't be that difficult. And while I suspect fans of Rebels or other animated properties will see Easter eggs and stuff that excites them but I suspect the rest of the story will still make sense to the uninitiated as well.

Far too many people and far too much money going into this for them to screw it up in such a basic way like that. Then again... The Rise of Skywalker does still exist so there is no telling how stupid Kathleen Kennedy and her merry band of sycophants can be.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm quite confident that Disney is smart enough to recognize that it needs to introduce characters in Ashoka as if we don't already know them. It won't be that difficult. And while I suspect fans of Rebels or other animated properties will see Easter eggs and stuff that excites them but I suspect the rest of the story will still make sense to the uninitiated as well.

Far too many people and far too much money going into this for them to screw it up in such a basic way like that. Then again... The Rise of Skywalker does still exist so there is no telling how stupid Kathleen Kennedy and her merry band of sycophants can be.
    It sounds like you have a pretty low opinion of the person who has probably produced the highest total movie dollar value of all time. Just remember that even Beethoven penned some stinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

After the ending of game of thrones. I never will underestimate the power of those in charges ability totally screw up a series . But I have hope that this will not happen here.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    It sounds like you have a pretty low opinion of the person who has probably produced the highest total movie dollar value of all time. Just remember that even Beethoven penned some stinkers.
    And then Andy Reid said this:

"...the Kansas City Chiefs survived a major scare Sunday as they needed a touchdown in the final minutes to leave Detroit with a 34-30 victory over the Lions.

Detroit had a few chances at a Hail Mary in the final seconds, but Kansas City was able to survive and move to 4-0 on the season.

Reid was fired up in the locker room after the game and made a hilarious mistake when talking about Mozart. He shouted at his team: “Not all of Mozart’s paintings were perfect! The end result, though, is that sucker’s gonna sell for a million dollars!”

Mozart, of course, was a legendary music composer, not a painter."
    From ForTheWin under USA Sports