Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    "Who are the Dolphins playing?" appears as if it'll be a pretty solid strategy this season. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    "Who are the Dolphins playing?" appears as if it'll be a pretty solid strategy this season. Good grief.
    Shhh! You're giving away my strategy!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I think this is generally a great strategy but I wouldn't be shocked if the dumpster fire known as the Jets found a way to lose one to Miami just to have fun with all of us...

I would think that the fact the Dolphins are playing the Pats next might factor into your pick. And then I looked at all the other games.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 09-09-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I would think that the fact the Dolphins are playing the Pats next night factor into your pick. And then I looked at all the other games.
    The early line on Ravens-Cardinals is very close to the line on Dophins-Pats. Ravens looked really good this week but I think the Pats should be favored by a lot more than the Ravens. Cardinals are bad, but Dolphins are epically bad.

The 1-mistake allowed pool doesn't appear to be allowing 1 mistake (unless you count relying on the Cleveland Browns to not be the Cleveland Browns as a mistake in and of itself).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    The 1-mistake allowed pool doesn't appear to be allowing 1 mistake (unless you count relying on the Cleveland Browns to not be the Cleveland Browns as a mistake in and of itself).
    Uh oh... I set the setting wrong. The only way I could fix it was to reset the group which means any mistakes in week 1 have been eliminated. It is like the 1 strike group starts on week #2. That also means it is not too late for folks to join that group if they want. If you want to be a part of the fun, go here and use the password "Duke" to sign up: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/18017
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 09-11-2019 at 12:06 AM.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Uh oh... I set the setting wrong. The only way I could fix it was to reset the group which means any mistakes in week 1 have been eliminated. It is like the 1 strike group starts on week #2. That also means it is not too late for folks to join that group if they want. If you want to be a part of the fun, go here and use the password "Duke" to sign up: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/18017
    I checked the link and I'm already in. Does that also mean that the team we used in week 1 will now be available to us?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I checked the link and I'm already in. Does that also mean that the team we used in week 1 will now be available to us?
    Yup, I am sure it will.

I believe everyone who was previously in is automatically moved to the new contest. It is seamless for you.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Yup, I am sure it will.

I believe everyone who was previously in is automatically moved to the new contest. It is seamless for you.
    Time to pick the Browns again! Surely that can’t go wrong.

Yup, I am sure it will.

Thanks for setting this up (and fixing it). Good luck! HTTR

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Time to pick the Browns again! Surely that can’t go wrong.
    Well I'm not taking them but with Jets QB Sam Darnold sidelined with mono the Browns are not a horrendous gamble.
    Bob Green

I see we have our first victim. Sue71 is gone from the No Mistakes Pool with her Thursday night pick of the Carolina Panthers. Multiple players pick up Strike 1 in One Mistake Pool.

My pick for Week 2 is the Houston Texans over the Jacksonville Jaguars. My thought process is lots of folks going to take either New England or Baltimore this week so I wanted to avoid those two picks and root for an upset.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I see we have our first victim. Sue71 is gone from the No Mistakes Pool with her Thursday night pick of the Carolina Panthers. Multiple players pick up Strike 1 in One Mistake Pool.

My pick for Week 2 is the Houston Texans over the Jacksonville Jaguars. My thought process is lots of folks going to take either New England or Baltimore this week so I wanted to avoid those two picks and root for an upset.
    Not looking good for the Texans at the moment.

I survived: Houston 13, Jacksonville 12.
    Bob Green

Yeah. I out-thinkified myself. Oh well.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Yeah. I out-thinkified myself. Oh well.
    Texans won. You are good to go.
    Bob Green

Texans won. You are good to go.
    That’s hilarious. I thought I had picked the Titans and was monitoring that game. What a dummy I am. Phew!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

I see we have our first victim. Sue71 is gone from the No Mistakes Pool with her Thursday night pick of the Carolina Panthers.
    Do I get a prize, other than not having to remember to pick every week? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    Do I get a prize, other than not having to remember to pick every week? 😁
    I will refund your entire entry fee for being the first one out. How about that?