Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    More than 70% of participants have picked the Dallas Cowboys. I would like to say I smell a trap, although the Dolphins are just so, so, so bad. But that kind of consensus always makes me nervous.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    More than 70% of participants have picked the Dallas Cowboys. I would like to say I smell a trap, although the Dolphins are just so, so, so bad. But that kind of consensus always makes me nervous.
    Those numbers make the Patriots, against the Jets, a really enticing selection.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I picked the Cowgirls. I mean they are the UNCheat of the NFL and I hope they lose every game they ever play but right now they are playing well and the Dolphins should be looking to move the XFL... #HTTR

I didn't pick the Pats because I think they are going to win a lot of games, play the Xolphins twice and can be picked later. Hopefully Dallas falls apart like they usually do.

And then there were seven... (maybe, if my Bucs hold on!)
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Crash & Burn

Down goes Bob (and a bunch more players).
    Bob Green

Uh oh... Miami is on a bye this week. I'm terrified of my pick.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Uh oh... Miami is on a bye this week. I'm terrified of my pick.
    Awww, come on! It’s not like you have to pick the winner of the Cardinals-Bengals game? The Dolphins haven’t been unique in their ineptitude, there have been 6 winless team so far this season. The Dolphins have just taken it to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Awww, come on! It’s not like you have to pick the winner of the Cardinals-Bengals game? The Dolphins haven’t been unique in their ineptitude, there have been 6 winless team so far this season. The Dolphins have just taken it to another level.
    As a lifelong Redskins fan I can tell you that they are not beating the Pats this weekend. It won't even be close. Sadly, I used the Pats already in the survivor pools when they played the hapless Dolphins.

As a lifelong Redskins fan I can tell you that having the season be over 4 games in really sucks. Almost wish I wasn't in fantasy football leagues so I could do like the Redskins players and just quit.

Darn Chiefs...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Darn Chiefs...
    Not the outcome I wanted but part of me still doesn't fully trust the Chiefs to win.

6 players remain alive in the no-strike pool: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...urvival/17173/
    10 are still alive in the 1-strike pool (including 7 who have not gotten a single strike yet): https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...urvival/18017/

I thought the Bears - Raiders game might take a few folks out this week, but almost all of us were on either the Eagles (over the Jets) or the Pats (over the Redskins).

I took the Pats and in doing so I made a crucial mistake. I did not look ahead to see if they might be more useful some other week. Well, this coming week the Patriots host the Giants, which I expect to be the most popular pick on the board (love DJ, this has nothing to do with that). The terror in week 6 is that the Redskins play at Miami... the two worst teams in the league playing each other makes for a terrifying week. The other winless teams are the Bengals (at the Ravens, a pretty attractive pick) and the Jets (hosting the Cowboys, also an attractive pick).

-Jason "whew, there are a lot of really bad NFL teams this season" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I took the Pats and in doing so I made a crucial mistake. I did not look ahead to see if they might be more useful some other week. Well, this coming week the Patriots host the Giants, which I expect to be the most popular pick on the board (love DJ, this has nothing to do with that). The terror in week 6 is that the Redskins play at Miami... the two worst teams in the league playing each other makes for a terrifying week. The other winless teams are the Bengals (at the Ravens, a pretty attractive pick) and the Jets (hosting the Cowboys, also an attractive pick).

-Jason "whew, there are a lot of really bad NFL teams this season" Evans
    Totally boned this week. he top 4 teams I wanted to take have all been used in prior weeks. I went with my 5th best pick. I'm gonna lose.

Totally boned this week. he top 4 teams I wanted to take have all been used in prior weeks. I went with my 5th best pick. I'm gonna lose.
    I don't know if I'm going to lose but every game that I could have picked that was a pretty sure bet...I had already used the favorite (Pats/Giants for example). Hopefully my meh pick can keep me alive!

Good news for the fans of one franchise...the Dolphins are playing the Redskins so we will have one less team with 0 wins after this week.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I don't know if I'm going to lose but every game that I could have picked that was a pretty sure bet...I had already used the favorite (Pats/Giants for example). Hopefully my meh pick can keep me alive!

Good news for the fans of one franchise...the Dolphins are playing the Redskins so we will have one less team with 0 wins after this week.
    If someone picks the Redskins/Dolphins game, particularly if they get it right, they should get some type of a prize.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    you can't even imagine how hard I am rooting for a tie.

My pick is in. Even though I'm eliminated in the real contest and relegated to loserville, I'm still excited to compete in the contest. Of all the various contest on the forums, Survivor Football is my favorite.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 10-09-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    Bob Green

I survived with the Patriots win over the Giants.
    Bob Green

My pick is in and I have a feeling a lot of people are riding the same team today.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    My pick is in and I have a feeling a lot of people are riding the same team today.
    Things start to look rather dicey two weeks from today.

So everyone left in the Zero Misses pool picked the Bills, who are currently losing to the Dolphins 14-9...