Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    This is not a partisan comment, but I really hope that when I am pushing 73 years old, I do not have to feel the need to suck up to someone who has publicly insulted me and who I fundamentally disagree with on a number of things. After all that has happened between them, if I were Sessions, I would determine that if sucking up to Trump is what is required to win this election, I will find another way to spend my time. But I guess the swamp just sucks you back in...
    It didn't register when I saw the extract quote in an article but Sessions' first campaign video is entirely focused on placating Trump and assuring his potential Alabama voters that he's all on board the Trump Train...

...hands cupped together and mouth wide open right behind the caboose (if you ask me).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Cenk Uygur has filed to run for Katie Hill's seat in Congress. (She's the one in Cali who resigned.)
    Uygur is the founder of The Young Turks.

For her part, Hill is backing Christy Smith, a state assemblywoman, stating her seat should be filled by another woman.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/young-tur...130556079.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I guess I have to be the guy that posts about Fartgate...

Sound on, if you absolutely must click the link.

I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I guess I have to be the guy that posts about Fartgate...

Sound on, if you absolutely must click the link.
    From the article:

...engulfed in a potent, lingering scandal...
    Can't make this stuff up.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    TIME reports that Pompeo plans to resign as Secretary of State:

https://time.com/5732232/mike-pompeo...un-state-exit/

Apparently he will aim to run for a Senate seat in Kansas.
    I've seen similar reports, and so far he's denied it. Talk about bad timing; with Sondland's testimony yesterday bringing him fully into the Ukraine issues, his future Senate seat opponents just got handed a bowlful of lasting fodder.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I've seen similar reports, and so far he's denied it. Talk about bad timing; with Sondland's testimony yesterday bringing him fully into the Ukraine issues, his future Senate seat opponents just got handed a bowlful of lasting fodder.
    Yup, he should have Nikki'd it on out of there in the spring instead of trying to keep all his options open until now.

(And speaking of, I kinda assume that the Nikki flattery offensive towards Trump was an angle for the Sec/St job when Pompeo slid out. Might need to hit [pause] on that.)
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

-- David Byrne

The 2020 congressional map for North Carolina is set and while it still leans GOP, it appears at least 2 safe Republican seats have been turned over to the Democrats. If the House is close in 2020, and it certainly could be, these 2 seats may make a biiig difference.

The new map makes it very likely that Democrats will pick up two House seats in North Carolina in 2020. That’s important because it makes Republicans’ quest to regain House control — or at least eat into Democrats’ majority — that much harder. In effect, Republicans need to flip two additional Democratic-held seats just to stand pat in the House.
    -Jason "the 538 link above contains a good chart of the the partisan lean of the new NC seats" Evans
    Capture.JPG
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The 2020 congressional map for North Carolina is set and while it still leans GOP, it appears at least 2 safe Republican seats have been turned over to the Democrats. If the House is close in 2020, and it certainly could be, these 2 seats may make a biiig difference.

-Jason "the 538 link above contains a good chart of the the partisan lean of the new NC seats" Evans
    Capture.JPG
    George Holding (R-NC) announced today that he is leaving Congress; his district was redrawn and is now heavily Democratic (per Jake Sherman tweet).
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

-- David Byrne