Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Quote Originally Posted by ryetales View Post
    Horrifying is the right description. Candidates like her and the voter response is becoming more acceptable. This is disheartening at best.
    A newbie to politics and someone whose marriage is on the rocks is not the best opponent to go up against someone like that. You really need an experienced veteran who has a thick, very think, skin.

Some would say this is the right's counterbalance to "The Squad"...personally, I think the Republicans need to do some soul searching. Trying to out crazy the Dems is such a bad idea. Let's hope this gal is a one termer.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    BTW the presidential choices in SC look like this.* No Write-In?

Question: what determines the order of candidates on the ballot? This is a pic from an actual mail-in ballot.

Attachment 11681

*I know, wrong thread. Move it if you wish.
    South Carolina doesnít allow write-in candidates for the Presidential ticket only everything else. Itís against the law.

The order is rotated every election. Last time Clinton was the first choice so the Democrats go the the end of the list now and everyone get bumped up.
    Last edited by Kdogg; 10-18-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Trying to out crazy the Dems is such a bad idea. Let's hope this gal is a one termer.
    I meant this more as being more extreme to the right than the extreme on the left. Not to imply that democrats are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I meant this more as being more extreme to the right than the extreme on the left. Not to imply that democrats are crazy.
    Although . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Although . . .
    I resemble that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    South Carolina doesnít allow write-in candidates for the Presidential ticket only everything else. Itís against the law.

The order is rotated every election. Last time Clinton was the first choice so the Democrats go the the end of the list now and everyone get bumped up.
    Thanks! I was wondering that as well.

At my polling place the older gentleman submitting his ballot to the machine ahead of me got a kick back because he had voted for multiple candidates for the same offices.

A volunteer at the machine told him he could do his ballot over and get help filling it out if he liked. She said that if he submitted it the way it was the machine would only count the 1st candidate selected. He told her that's fine with him and she pushed some override button and he submitted his ballot with multiple candidates for the same office.

Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    At my polling place the older gentleman submitting his ballot to the machine ahead of me got a kick back because he had voted for multiple candidates for the same offices.

A volunteer at the machine told him he could do his ballot over and get help filling it out if he liked. She said that if he submitted it the way it was the machine would only count the 1st candidate selected. He told her that's fine with him and she pushed some override button and he submitted his ballot with multiple candidates for the same office.
    Oh what I wouldn't give for some sort of alternative voting system like choice voting, limited voting or cumulative voting. This single vote thing really stinks.