Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "Deven Nunes can't sue Twitter over statements by fake cow, judge rules" is not a news flash that would have made sense to 2010 OPK.
    So, the judge rendered Nunes' argument moo-t?
    Last edited by bundabergdevil; 06-25-2020 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    “To err is human; to Tweet, bovine.”

- some cow, probably, if it could type with hooves instead of fingers.

Pictured here: Devin Nunes disguised as a saw.

Far-Side-Cow-Tools.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is still early, but with about half of precincts reporting, McGrath leads Booker 44.6% - 36.5%. Many Kentucky precincts say that due to a large volume of mail in votes, they won't report final results until next week.

https://www.wlwt.com/app/election-re...-race/32934252
    Just wanted to point out that these were super early numbers and that most precincts, especially in the more populous areas, are waiting a week to ensure mail in ballots have been returned before reporting more complete results.

At the moment, Booker leads McGrath 32,479 to 29,892... but it is estimated that about 600,000 people voted in the Democratic primary so that 2600 vote lead is pretty meaningless.

-Jason "most closely watched meaningless race around... ain't no way either of them beat McConnell" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    most closely watched meaningless race around... ain't no way either of them beat McConnell
    I dunno. IF Booker beats McGrath, he did it flying out of nowhere. And that is the kind of momentum that should scare Mitch.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I dunno. IF Booker beats McGrath, he did it flying out of nowhere. And that is the kind of momentum that should scare Mitch.
    Gotta disagree. An AOC/Bernie backed candidate is not going to win a state-wide race in Kentucky. Mitch is licking his lips.

No, it's fake moos.

It's a cow's opinion ... a moo point.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That one took me a bit!
    Carolina delenda est

McGrath squeeks out the victory in the Dem primary in KY. Obvious long shot against McConnell but she's an interesting candidate. Her biography is worth checking out.

McGrath squeeks out the victory in the Dem primary in KY. Obvious long shot against McConnell but she's an interesting candidate. Her biography is worth checking out.
    I have been waiting for the results to get a picture of how close the race actually was. At the end of the day, McGrath won by about 2% of the vote, or 12,000 votes.

Amy McGrath 239,019 45.1%
    Charles Booker 227,381 42.9

Definitely close but well outside of recount territory. It sure is nice to see some actual results, though. Now back to poll watching and prognosticating, I guess.
    Carolina delenda est

The far left probably damaged her too much in the primary. We'll see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    The far left probably damaged her too much in the primary. We'll see how it plays out.
    Will Booker's voters turn out for her in November?

The Democrat's advantage in the Congressional generic ballot poll has increased to 9 points over the Republicans -- the largest gap to date this cycle I believe:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

(49% to 40% as of time of posting).

While I am not a big believer in the generic ballot polls -- or at least am not smart enough to apply them -- I gotta think this is setting off some alarm bells for Congressional Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Will Booker's voters turn out for her in November?
    So I just read Booker's concession statement after losing the Dem Senate primary in Kentucky: https://twitter.com/Booker4KY/status...443330/photo/1

Not once does it encourage his supporters to get out and vote for Amy McGrath in November. It does take one shot at McConnell and has a line at the end about beating him, but much of it is spent complaining about voting problems and implying that voter suppression kept him from winning.

It is disunity like this that played at least some role in Hillary losing in 2016. If Booker does not work for McGrath and help get out the vote in the cities then McConnell will win another term in a cakewalk.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

So I just read Booker's concession statement after losing the Dem Senate primary in Kentucky: https://twitter.com/Booker4KY/status...443330/photo/1

Not once does it encourage his supporters to get out and vote for Amy McGrath in November. It does take one shot at McConnell and has a line at the end about beating him, but much of it is spent complaining about voting problems and implying that voter suppression kept him from winning.

It is disunity like this that played at least some role in Hillary losing in 2016. If Booker does not work for McGrath and help get out the vote in the cities then McConnell will win another term in a cakewalk.
    There are few good losers in politics. I don't think many of them played sports. A bunch of spoiled wankers if you ask me.

PPP has Susan Collins down 4 to Sara Gideon in Maine's senate race -- https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...ly2020Poll.pdf

The race is at 46-42 right now with 11% undecided. The extra troubling thing for Collins is that undecideds tend to break a little more for the challenger than the incumbent. Collins is underwater on her approval rating 55-36. It is going to take a lot of folks deciding to hold their nose and vote for someone they don't like for her to win another term.

-Jason "the same poll finds Trump down 53-42 to Biden... so Collins may need a lot of ballot splitting to have a chance" Evans

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    PPP has Susan Collins down 4 to Sara Gideon in Maine's senate race -- https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...ly2020Poll.pdf

The race is at 46-42 right now with 11% undecided. The extra troubling thing for Collins is that undecideds tend to break a little more for the challenger than the incumbent. Collins is underwater on her approval rating 55-36. It is going to take a lot of folks deciding to hold their nose and vote for someone they don't like for her to win another term.

-Jason "the same poll finds Trump down 53-42 to Biden... so Collins may need a lot of ballot splitting to have a chance" Evans
    She dug that grave steadily, showboating her votes. Not a shock seeing that she's paying for it now.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    She dug that grave steadily, showboating her votes. Not a shock seeing that she's paying for it now.
    Toward that end, here is a fascinating question that was asked and notice how the responses exactly mirror the percentages of the actual vote at this point:

Do you think Susan Collins is more an independent voice for Maine or a partisan voice for Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell?
    Think Susan Collins is more an independent voice for Maine - 42%
    Think Susan Collins is more a partisan voice for Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell - 46%
    Not sure - 11%