Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    R's need to be careful they don't lock themselves in an echo chamber with Trump.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Sometimes a surprising defeat can rally the troops for the next go around. See the Tea Party ascension during Obama's presidency and everything that's happened since Trump's victory gobsmacked 66M voters. I could see that happening in KY --- in the last cycle, McConnell received nearly 900,000 votes, 200K more than Bevin received. So, there's a lot of room for turnout there...

...that'd be my guess, anyway.
    I was going to say that likely meant that there were more voters in that election...but nope. There were roughly 1,450,000 voting in both 2014 and yesterday, plus or minus a few thousand.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    R's need to be careful they don't lock themselves in an echo chamber with Trump.
    I think both sides suffer from this bigly.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Sessions is in. This will be fun to watch.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/polit...ama/index.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Sessions is in. This will be fun to watch.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/polit...ama/index.html
    Wow, he's Russian right back into the thick of things.

I kid, I kid...seriously though, I guess we'll learn how long Trump holds a grudge. I think he'll actively throw bombs at Sessions but, hey, I didn't think Trump would kiss and make up with any of his primary combatants but now Lindsey Graham is basically his lap dog so what do I know.

I guess we'll learn how long Trump holds a grudge.
    Pretty sure I can answer that without the need for further evidence . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Pretty sure I can answer that without the need for further evidence . . . .
    If Sessions doesn't do anything to get back in Trump's good graces then, yeah, the answer is pretty obvious. If Sessions publicly blows smoke up Trump's rear, I tend to think he'd do what he's done with other adversaries and return the favor. He really only goes full attack dog when he feels slighted, attacked, belittled, disparaged, poo-pooed, sued, insulted, or his ego is left un-stroked. What I'm really interested in is whether Sessions "bends the knee"...if he does, Trump accepts him back into the fold. That's my gut.

Kentucky governor's race isn't over:

Kentucky Senate President Robert Stivers threw another wrench into the state's razor-thin gubernatorial outcome late Tuesday night, saying that the legislature could decide the race.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...gkI?li=BBnb7Kz

I didn't look it up, but I think it's safe to assume the Kentucky state legislature is heavily R. I also thought it was the Rs who wanted to start a civil war (Gohmert, Fox News). It might be the Ds carrying pitchforks and torches.

Everyone needs to have a procedure for a close election. That should be a recount. I've never heard that the legislature could decide. Idiotic.

Jeff Sessions just won his seat back.

"When I left President Trump's Cabinet, did I write a tell-all book," asked Sessions. "No. Did I go on CNN and attack the President? Nope. Have I said a cross word about our President? Not one time."
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/07/polit...ign/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Jeff Sessions just won his seat back.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/07/polit...ign/index.html
    Yep. If he plays to Trump's ego, he'll be fine. On cue from Trump: "“Well I haven’t gotten involved. I saw he said very nice things about me last night. But we’ll have to see," Trump told reporters before departing the White House for events in Georgia.

Sessions keeps on saying nice things, I think he'll be back in Trump's good graces. Pretty stunning really given the animosity there and I don't know what kind of man takes the abuse Trump threw at Sessions and just eats it. Sometimes I'm shocked people just don't throw more haymakers...

Yep. If he plays to Trump's ego, he'll be fine. On cue from Trump: "“Well I haven’t gotten involved. I saw he said very nice things about me last night. But we’ll have to see," Trump told reporters before departing the White House for events in Georgia.

Sessions keeps on saying nice things, I think he'll be back in Trump's good graces. Pretty stunning really given the animosity there and I don't know what kind of man takes the abuse Trump threw at Sessions and just eats it. Sometimes I'm shocked people just don't throw more haymakers...
    Ha, I'd wager that 5'5" Jeff Sessions is close to 100 lbs lighter than 6-3 Trump, so his haymaker would probably land somewhere around the tip of the President's red tie, which is good or bad depending upon your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ha, I'd wager that 5'5" Jeff Sessions is close to 100 lbs lighter than 6-3 Trump, so his haymaker would probably land somewhere around the tip of the President's red tie, which is good or bad depending upon your perspective.
    Trump is at best 6-1.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ght-questioned

This is not a partisan comment, but I really hope that when I am pushing 73 years old, I do not have to feel the need to suck up to someone who has publicly insulted me and who I fundamentally disagree with on a number of things. After all that has happened between them, if I were Sessions, I would determine that if sucking up to Trump is what is required to win this election, I will find another way to spend my time. But I guess the swamp just sucks you back in...

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    And he ain't 239, I don't care what the medical form says.

Sessions keeps on saying nice things, I think he'll be back in Trump's good graces. Pretty stunning really given the animosity there and I don't know what kind of man takes the abuse Trump threw at Sessions and just eats it.
    That list is extensive...Cruz, Graham, Rubio...heck at least 2/3 of the Senate...prime
    ministers, presidents...etc.

Trump is at best 6-1.
    Is that using the new NBA rules for height? 😀
    Last edited by Kdogg; 11-08-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    That list is extensive...Cruz, Graham, Rubio...heck at least 2/3 of the Senate...prime
    ministers, presidents...etc.

Is that using the new NBA rules for height? 😀
    Trump is actually wanting a wall built so he can answer how many cinderblocks he measures,..

Drivers license says 6-2, White House physician says 6-3, could he possible be lying? Definitely a BMI conspiracy...I'd go with 6-2, 255 or so...
    (I love the term "girther." ) 6-2 still has him 9 inches taller than Sessions.

Drivers license says 6-2, White House physician says 6-3, could he possible be lying? Definitely a BMI conspiracy...I'd go with 6-2, 255 or so...
    I'm guessing Trump was a legit 6-2 in his prime, but at age 73 has seen a bit of spine compression, and is probably 6-1 at best these days. But even so, still towers over Sessions and outweighs by quite a bit as well. I'm a fan of the term "girther", too.

I did see Trump on the golf course recently. Holy cow! What a gut!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I did see Trump on the golf course recently. Holy cow! What a gut!
    “baby got back”