Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Thank you very helpful. I do have a choice level package. My monthly bill is now above $140 so they should give me the channel on principle. DirectV used to offer pretty decent customer service, but the AT&T acquisition isn't going smoothly I've been told by several technicians who have visited my home.
    Easy to believe about the AT&T acquisition....for years I had no problems, now I do. Ack.
    What happens to a lot of us with cable companies and their ilk is that we signed up for certain "packages" years ago (in my case I've been with DirecTV since they started, maybe 20 years ago?) and the package names have evolved since then, so it's not clear what I'm getting and how I'm getting it (if that makes sense)...whenever they see a chance to yank up the rates, they do not hesitate.

I haven't cared about ACC Network. Now I'm annoyed I can't watch Clemson roll GT.

I hadn't tried streaming the ACCN in a few days since seeing the apparently widespread error. Logged in today and good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I haven't cared about ACC Network. Now I'm annoyed I can't watch Clemson roll GT.
    Not much to watch. This new coach Collins calls a more boring offensive game than Johnson did...which is hard to imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Not much to watch. This new coach Collins calls a more boring offensive game than Johnson did...which is hard to imagine.
    I have not seen a second of the game, but there may be both correlation and causation there. Collins also might just be trying to get past this game without injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Watching with MTHN (My Tar Heel Neighbor). My main takeaway is Trevor Lawrence has a very high hairline.

Watching with MTHN (My Tar Heel Neighbor). My main takeaway is Trevor Lawrence has a very high hairline.
    ..and then there's typical Etienne yards per carry
    Average: 29 plus...

Give him some time and he'll have a good look, kind of a major mullet with nothing up front and a foot of hair in the back.

Wake survives Utah St by the score of 38-35. Utah St. has a pretty good QB. Being downed at the 1 after further review with 1:50 to go in the 4th really helped the Deacons. Note that I did not see the game (ACC-N) to say whether the call was correct or incorrect.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Wake survives Utah St by the score of 38-35. Utah St. has a pretty good QB. Being downed at the 1 after further review with 1:50 to go in the 4th really helped the Deacons. Note that I did not see the game (ACC-N) to say whether the call was correct or incorrect.
    It was a good call, and Wake nearly blew their opportunity with three straight stuffed one yard runs. They got the TD with a great catch in the endzone, and then nearly blew their chances again with a targeting call on Utah State's ensuing drive. The day was saved with an INT. Neither team looked great, but it was a very good way for the Deacons to start their season. (Utah St was 11-2 last year.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It was a good call, and Wake nearly blew their opportunity with three straight stuffed one yard runs. They got the TD with a great catch in the endzone, and then nearly blew their chances again with a targeting call on Utah State's ensuing drive. The day was saved with an INT. Neither team looked great, but it was a very good way for the Deacons to start their season. (Utah St was 11-2 last year.)
    Could be the two best coaches in the league not named Dabo have the initials DC...I like how Clawson coaches Wake. Over 400 yards passing last night. I think he's better than Grobe for Wake long term, and that's no slam against Grobe, who was awesome.

(we all know who the main DC is right?)

Clawson was a good hire, but Grobe was a bad fire. One could make an argument that Grobe did for Wake what Cutcliffe did for Duke. To me, either one gets a free pass at their respective schools for as long as they want to coach (as long as there is no fire-worthy offense, which would greatly surprise me in either case).

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Clawson was a good hire, but Grobe was a bad fire. One could make an argument that Grobe did for Wake what Cutcliffe did for Duke. To me, either one gets a free pass at their respective schools for as long as they want to coach (as long as there is no fire-worthy offense, which would greatly surprise me in either case).
    Grobe was not fired. He stepped down...his run at Wake had gone a bit stale, as happens with coaches at times. As far as coach for life, for a coach that has resurrected a program, I understand the sentiment but do not agree with the premise. A program can be run into the ground that way. Not saying that was the case with Grobe, or will ever be with Cut - just talking about the idea in general.

FSU offense looking explosive with 31 1st half points against Boise State.
    Bob Green

Turn on Iowa State-Northern Iowa if you want to see a ranked team lose to a 1-AA team...

Wow, Mack Brown pulls off the upset against South Carolina. Didn't see that one coming.

They almost pooped the bed by kneeling 4 Downs in a row, putting SC in hail Mary territory for the last 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Wow, Mack Brown pulls off the upset against South Carolina. Didn't see that one coming.

They almost pooped the bed by kneeling 4 Downs in a row, putting SC in hail Mary territory for the last 10 seconds.
    I kinda did see that one coming. I have ties to Duke and SC, and I am not, nor have I ever been, a Will Muschamp fan. So that outcome made my football day an unmitigated disaster....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    FSU offense looking explosive with 31 1st half points against Boise State.
    FSU offense looked inept with 0 2nd half points.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    FSU offense looked inept with 0 2nd half points.
    The proverbial "Tale of Two Halves".