Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Like Krzyzewski, Cut just doesn't seem comfortable with grad-student transfers. It most definitely is not easy. Academic requirements for Duke grad school are stringent. But Chris Pollard has embraced grad-student transfers-many but not all from the Ivies--for his resurgent baseball program. Soccer, field hockey and other sports also somehow seem to have figured it out.

So, it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Duke says it did not pursue any of the QB-transfer options this off season and there were a lot. Perhaps Duke kicked the tires on some of these and didn't like what they heard but when these transfers are ending up at Oklahoma, Ohio State, et. al., it is going to be difficult.
    you'd think after 5 QBs who have made the league (manning, manning x2, thad, renfree, jones), two of whom are superbowl MVPs, and one of whom seems primed to do very well, duke'd get some more looks.
    April 1

I would much rather have the #1 rated offensive line than the #1 rated QB.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post

ricks
    Well I don't know...I think a decent OL with the 1 QB is a better team in the making than the #1 OL and decent QB. I also think it would be easier for Cut to somehow land a super stud QB than it would be to somehow land OL's that are #1 potentials.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Like Krzyzewski, Cut just doesn't seem comfortable with grad-student transfers. It most definitely is not easy. Academic requirements for Duke grad school are stringent. But Chris Pollard has embraced grad-student transfers-many but not all from the Ivies--for his resurgent baseball program. Soccer, field hockey and other sports also somehow seem to have figured it out.

So, it can be done.
    I don't think grad transfers are the way to go...I think the underclassmen in the portal may be...at Duke...for several reasons, including the reasons you mention above.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post

ricks
    If those are the two options, then sure, I agree – look at our 2013 team for a great example. But you'd think with Cut's reputation with the Manning brothers and the Daniel Jones recent high draft pick, going after top QBs would be doable.